Coronavirus 2019-nCoV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    It’s weird how right wing Cold values all of his data to every media network not named Fox News.

Never thought a brick wall like him would cave so easily.
    I am autonomous.

Logic and wisdom knows no party.

It just so happens that the "Conservative" sect is more accurately aligned with logic and reason.

I also have vestiges of religion from my upbringing so I am sympathetic to religious freedom.

Even though some of my beliefs may be shared by others, I am immune to Groupthink. I came to my conclusions solely.

T

Comment

• perhaps if you took a deep breath

Comment

• Cold, I would just like to know where you were the last month and a half when everybody was opened up for business and the reported cases and deaths were steady and/or in decline. Where was the mass hysteria alert then?

Is it because the media decided to take a break with corona during the George Floyd events and it just wasn’t important to be reported about then?

Its weird how your posting corresponds with the media hysteria machine.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Cold, I would just like to know where you were the last month and a half when everybody was opened up for business and the reported cases and deaths were steady and/or in decline. Where was the mass hysteria alert then?
          Deaths lag infections, infections lag infection events, infection events lag opportunities for socialization.

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          Its weird how your posting corresponds with the media hysteria machine.
          Coincidence.

T

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            perhaps if you took a deep breath
            Good advice.. particularly when one wears their N95. ;)

T

Comment

Except it’s winter in Brazil where the angle isn’t near as high.
              The closer you get to the equator, the less angular variability there is to the sun, it's pretty constant throughout the seasons.

For example, here in South Texas, on our longest days, our sun sets around 8:30. In Minneapolis, it doesn't get dark until 10 p.m. During the winter, it gets dark around 6 p.m. Up there just before 5 (at least). And the closer you get to the equator, the more the days have the same amount of daylight, whether it is summer or winter.

In Brazil, Venezuela and many other countries (India) winters are rainy and the summers are dry. That can account for a difference in temps, but not in the difference of daylight in a day. The length of the day is a constant 12 hours, winter or summer.

India's variability in length of day is about 2 hours from summer to winter:
              Times of sunrise and sunset for the most important cities in India and the avg. length of daylight per month

P.S. India is also back on lockdown. Pune has had a rather nasty experience with the virus and so has Chennai.

Comment

• PROTECT YOURSELF AND DO NOT BECOME A CARRIER. TAKE THE POLITICS OUT OF THIS!!!!

Reading this site could really help you find who you would like to be around and who you should avoid.

Comment

• Unfortunately, this is being driven by politics - by Trump's lack of leadership by:
                  • Refusing to wear a mask
                  • Making statements that don't align with the facts (i.e. saying he crushed it while the infection rates are increasing)
                  • Conducting rallies that encourage people to ignore social distancing.
                  This is a little dated, but relevant:
                  https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...avirus-crisis/

I believe the attitudes will change - somewhat. I understand why people in Wichita (and in Kansas) don't see this as a big deal. However, in Texas and Florida, the governors are facing a political reality that they cannot wish this away and are starting to distance themselves from the President. This will also 'probably' happen in Oklahoma, given the increases in the positivity rates that have been observed there.

Until people start filling hospitals in Kansas, I don't believe that people will change their minds.

P.S. Here is a recent article regards young people thinking they are bulletproof and invisible:
                  https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...-bear-n1231748
                  Last edited by revenge_of_shocka_khan; June 24, 2020, 10:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
                    Unfortunately, this is being driven by politics - by Trump's lack of leadership by:
                    • Refusing to wear a mask
                    • Making statements that don't align with the facts (i.e. saying he crushed it while the infection rates are increasing)
                    • Conducting rallies that encourage people to ignore social distancing.
                    This is a little dated, but relevant:
                    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...avirus-crisis/

I believe the attitudes will change - somewhat. I understand why people in Wichita (and in Kansas) don't see this as a big deal. However, in Texas and Florida, the governors are facing a political reality that they cannot wish this away and are starting to distance themselves from the President. This will also 'probably' happen in Oklahoma, given the increases in the positivity rates that have been observed there.

Until people start filling hospitals in Kansas, I don't believe that people will change their minds.

P.S. Here is a recent article regards young people thinking they are bulletproof and invisible:
                    https://www.nbcnews.com/health/healt...-bear-n1231748
                    NBC News is as corrupt as you can get. Tim Russert is dead and so is balance at NBC News. Chuck Todd is a tool of the opposition. They should not be your news source if you want to point in a balanced way toward the truth.

Comment

Unfortunately, this is being driven by politics - by Trump's lack of leadership by:
                      Irony.

Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
                      I think you mean "change your behavior".

People in Kansas HAVE changed their behavior. They are certainly less likely, overall, to travel to infected places. They ARE social distancing, and have been before most other states. Nursing homes have been in lockdown from the earliest days of state-wide lockdown protocols. Kids were yanked out of schools early on. All employees at every establishment I have been to have been wearing masks.

Exactly what is it you think Kansan's are doing wrong?
                      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by B1ShockFan View Post
                        PROTECT YOURSELF AND DO NOT BECOME A CARRIER. TAKE THE POLITICS OUT OF THIS!!!!
                        There has been more science discussed in this thread -- and less politics -- than nearly any other source you can find on the Internet.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• The irony it thick with B1 and khan. They talk about not bringing politics in and then quickly turn and make it about politics. Hilarious, yet predictable...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Irony.

I think you mean "change your behavior".

People in Kansas HAVE changed their behavior. They are certainly less likely, overall, to travel to infected places. They ARE social distancing, and have been before most other states. Nursing homes have been in lockdown from the earliest days of state-wide lockdown protocols. Kids were yanked out of schools early on. All employees at every establishment I have been to have been wearing masks.

Exactly what is it you think Kansan's are doing wrong?
                            I'm seeing a lot of stuff from people like Wufan, Shockm and MikeKennedyRuIZ stating it's unmanly to wear a mask, this is all fake, no one is really getting sick and that I'm trying to turn this into a political discussion.

So my conclusions are being drawn by some of the (my opinion) willfully ignorant comments from people with a certain political stripe. Perhaps my conclusion is wrong, perhaps this is the way the conversations are being driven.

I'm just hoping there are more reasonable people, like you, that are lurking. What we are experiencing in Texas is real, it's real in Arizona and it's real in Florida. For instance, I reference a MSM article, which reflects what I hear our publicly elected officials say EVERYDAY AD NAUSEUM which is anecdotal and provide an authoritative source for contexting and all I get back is the 'fake news' BS. I would quote Trump, but I, like a majority of Americans, believe he is full of shyte when it comes to this particular situation.

Your experience may differ. Perhaps it's the sample size, perhaps it's the people posting here. I stand by what I'm seeing in my area. If you don't believe me, why don't you plan a vacation down here, perhaps to one of our more populated cities, and hang out in the restaurants and bars.

Comment

• I would quote Trump, but I, like a majority of Americans, believe he is full of shyte when it comes to this particular situation
                              I think this is where you're wrong. My gut tells me that you are in the minority, and it's not even close.
                              Last edited by wichshock65; June 24, 2020, 01:33 PM.

Comment

I'm seeing a lot of stuff from people like Wufan, Shockm and MikeKennedyRuIZ stating it's unmanly to wear a mask, this is all fake, no one is really getting sick and that I'm trying to turn this into a political discussion.
                                That is straight up lies!!! I have NEVER for one second suggested that not wearing a mask was manly. I have said that it is not effective, and I have backed it up with facts. You don’t like those facts because they don’t fit your narrative. Then you blame me???? I have NEVER, not for one second, said this isn’t real. I have NEVER, not for one second, said that no one is getting sick. You want to challenge my ideas? Fine. Challenge my actual ideas. Don’t make up BS straw man argument for your denial of facts.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X