No announcement yet.

Official Foodie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did see on FB last night that the last Logan's Steakhouse in Wichita has closed. I hadn't been in years, but remember being unimpressed when we went. There were/are so many better options.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I'll be hitting up Graze Craze soon, but if anyone else does first, please report back.

Comment

• I'm intrigued by it. I believe I'd previously read that they want to come east at some point as well, and I may wait for that.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Wichita by EB - The Walt's Klassics building is on the move to downtown Wichita

Alex Eftekhar, who opened the wildly popular Station 8 BBQ, has purchased the prefab metal building and is moving the Walt’s Klassics building to downtown within walking distance of Station 8.

I spoke with Eftekhar a couple of months ago and they have been prepping the property across the street from the firehouse. When I first heard the news, they were planning to move the building right across the street, and I’m waiting confirmation if that is still true. The current plan for the former Walt’s Klassics building is to open a breakfast grill of stores. He plans to install a wood assisted char grill and feature a menu of grilled ham steaks, grilled breakfast steaks, thick bacon, homemade breakfast sausage off the grill, homemade biscuits and waffles, and more.
          I've heard nothing but great things about Station 8. Sounds like downtown may soon have another great breakfast option.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• I know there was a little talk on here about this place when it was announced, but now we have our first review, and it appears to be a place that I must stop by, at least once the newness and crowds calm down a bit.

Wichita by EB - First Look at Paris Baguette bakery and restaurant

Wichita’s has itself a new French-inspired bakery and restaurant with the arrival of Paris Baguette. The chain, that started in South Korea, has made its way to the great city of Wichita, KS. They celebrated their grand opening on Thursday to long lines of diners with trays of stacked pastries in hand. Let’s take a look.

============
            9780 E 21st St. N, Wichita, KS 67206
            316-267-8541

Open Daily: 6am – 11:30pm

Website | Facebook
            Cash/Card Accepted
            ============

Upon walking in to Paris Baguette, the first thing you’ll want to do is grab a tray (or box), tongs and wax paper.
            Some of the pics in the article look pretty damn good.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• For those into the brewery scene, here's a sneak peek at Wichita's newest brewery.

Wichita by EB - A sneak peek inside Wichita's newest brewery, Tor Brewing

A new brewery is headed to 222 S. Commerce which is next to INTRUST Bank Arena in the space that used to be Hungry Heart and, most recently, Sorrel’s Jamaican Food. Owner Aaron Hill, who is a former brewer at Norton’s Brewing Company, is ready to introduce Tor Brewing to Wichita.

===========
              222 S Commerce St., Wichita, KS 67202
              316-201-6561

Facebook
              Cash/Card Accepted
              ===========

If you’re curious about the name Tor, it’s actually Old English for the word hill, which happens to be the owner’s last name. So, I thought that was a cool, clever note about them.

I spoke with Hill (or should I say Tor?) and many of the beers are collabs with local breweries in town. They are currently in the process of getting their system set up to brew beers and that should be ready to go in the coming months. Hill did note that many of the collabs are his recipes and that he was fortunate to be able to work with so many local breweries.

It’s cool to see the collaborations and teamwork among all the breweries in town. I think it’s something exceptional that doesn’t get enough pub. The community we have here in Wichita is excellent.
              Here's to hoping this place benefits by its location near Intrust.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• $ for $, Fazoli's is >>> Olive Garden
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  $ for $, Fazoli's is >>> Olive Garden
                  That's not saying much as they both suck
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Speaking of Olive garden, it's been a year or so ago but my wife ordered chicken and it was a nasty, highly processed patty. The prices are ridiculous too.
                    Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker View Post
                      Speaking of Olive garden, it's been a year or so ago but my wife ordered chicken and it was a nasty, highly processed patty. The prices are ridiculous too.
                      Yeah, I have no desire to return to OG.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

That's not saying much as they both suck
                        I like Fazoli's drive thru.

Comment

• The breadsticks are the only things worth eating at either place
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• New chicken concept coming to Wichita in the spring.

WBJ - Lange developing modular QSR sites, including a chicken restaurant, at former Walt's Klassics location

Lange Real Estate and its RedGuard subsidiary, which develops modular buildings and storage solutions, said Wichita's first Sticky Bird chicken restaurant is coming to 616 S. Tyler, just north of Kellogg.

The restaurant will occupy one of two new modular quick-service restaurant/retail (MQSR) sites at the location, which used to be home to Walt's Klassics. The Walt's location closed earlier this year, the metal building formerly on the site was moved, and Lange Real Estate purchased the property.

Plans are for the new building to go up in March or April, with Sticky Bird's targeted opening set for May.

"Through this joint venture, we’re able to combine our expertise in real estate and modular construction to bring this new MQSR concept to Wichita," Lange Real Estate's Hunter LaMunyon said in a news release. "MQSR sites like these are quickly growing in popularity across the country because they offer drive-through convenience and fast service in a smaller footprint."
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Torchy's has left town

KSN - Torchy's Tacos closes both locations in Wichita

WICHITA, Kan. (KSNW) — Torchy’s Tacos has closed both of its locations in Wichita.

Torchy’s Tacos had locations in east and west Wichita, at 2191 N. Rock Rd and 2901 N. Maize Rd.

When you call either location, you get a message that states the following:

“Thanks for calling Torchy’s Tacos. This location is permanently closed. To get your damn good fix, visit our nearest location at 11919 south Strang Line Rd, Olathe, Kan. Hope to see you soon taco junkie.”
                              Torchy's got mixed reviews. I only visited once, but I liked it. Lots of interesting/non traditional options and a nice atmosphere. Personally, I liked it much more than Fuzzy's.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• To each his own I suppose. I thought it was bloody awful. First time I chalked it up to just being newly opened. 2nd time, nope. I need a poorly executed $5 taco like I need to put on 25 pounds.

Comment

Working...
                                X