No announcement yet.

Official Foodie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok. The pork belly/pulled pork/pickle sandwich on the Public brunch menu is nothing short of spectacular.

Comment

• New east Wichita Chick-fil-A to open Wednesday

In place of the traditional Chick-fil-A First 100® Grand Opening celebration, the new Chick-fil-A location will be surprising 100 local heroes making an impact in Wichita with free Chick-fil-A for a year.

In honor of the new location, Chick-fil-A will also be donating $25,000 to Feeding America. According to Chick-fil-A, the funds will be distributed to partners within the greater Wichita area to aid in the fight against hunger.

This restaurant will also be participating in the Chick-fil-A Shared Table Program, an initiative that redirects surplus food from the restaurant to local soup kitchens, shelters, food banks and nonprofits in need.
      It'll be nice to have a convenient location for myself.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• KAKE - Krispy Kreme debuts new doughnut in honor of Artemis I mission

One small step for a man, one giant leap for... doughnuts?

Krispy Kreme will launch a special, limited-edition Artemis Moon doughnut on Monday, the day NASA is expected to launch a rocket, designed to eventually carry humans, on an uncrewed test flight around the moon. The Artemis I mission is the first step in NASA's plan to land a human on the moon for the first time in 50 years.

The lunar launch doughnut is filled with cheesecake-flavored creme, and dipped in a cookies-and-cream icing, according to a news release shared with CNN. The frosting swirls mimic the moon's rocky surface.

The doughnut will be available at Krispy Kreme locations across the country on Monday.
        Personally, this sounds like it might be a tasty doughnut.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• I heard the rollout was delayed. Problems with the creme filling.

Comment

• Eagle - Dutch Bros isn't the only new restaurant tenant headed for K-96 & Greenwich

Dutch Bros: The popular drive-through coffee chain that opened its first Wichita location in early July at 2860 N. Maize Road — and which has another under construction next to the Starbucks at Kellogg and West Street — also has plans to open at Greenwich Place. The shop, which will sit on the K-96 side of the development in between Duluth Trading Co. and Chioptle, will break ground later this year but likely won’t open until spring 2023.

Wendy’s: The fast-food chain also has signed a lease with Greenwich Place, and its new restaurant will be built right next door to Dutch Bros. It also will likely have a 2023 opening date.

Panda Express: This quick-service Chinese food chain, which already has two freestanding Wichita restaurants, is adding a third at Greenwich Place. It will go up in front of Michaels in between Marshalls and the Wichita Sports Forum and should break ground in the next 10 days to two weeks. The new Panda Express should be open by early 2023.
            More options coming to NE Wichita. Looks like the land between Duluth and Chipotle will finally be utilized. I'm not sure how much more land there is to be developed in that specific area but may have to drive by and find out. There's a decent blend of fast food and more traditional sit-down eateries with some variety.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
              Eagle - Dutch Bros isn't the only new restaurant tenant headed for K-96 & Greenwich

More options coming to NE Wichita. Looks like the land between Duluth and Chipotle will finally be utilized. I'm not sure how much more land there is to be developed in that specific area but may have to drive by and find out. There's a decent blend of fast food and more traditional sit-down eateries with some variety.
              Not a coffee drinker, but they have a lot of faith in their product to put one up next door to your competition.

Guessing it's not the first time they've done it.

Comment

• Is there a coffee place over there?
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Not that I'm aware of - Starbucks and Dunkin are closer to 21st.

Comment

Is there a coffee place over there?
                    "and which has another under construction next to the Starbucks at Kellogg and West Street"

Comment

• Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
                      Not that I'm aware of - Starbucks and Dunkin are closer to 21st.
                      There is a Dunkin's on 21st across from Sonic or something I think, now that you mention it. Is there a Starbucks over there too? I simply don't really pay attention to Starbucks as I'm not much of a fan. I've never been to a Dunkin's.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

"and which has another under construction next to the Starbucks at Kellogg and West Street"
                        I work in that area and am familiar with the location, though again, I can't quite place the Starbucks but it does seem like there's one in that area. There's definitely a Scooters like a block or two away I think. Haven't been there, but definitely noticed that one.

I thought you were talking about that 96 & Greenwich area and I was really racking my brain trying to visualize a Starbucks in there. I don't go there a ton, but I have been to that Chipotle a number of times, I'm a fan of World Market and have been to the Under Armour store a few times.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

There is a Dunkin's on 21st across from Sonic or something I think, now that you mention it. Is there a Starbucks over there too? I simply don't really pay attention to Starbucks as I'm not much of a fan. I've never been to a Dunkin's.
                          Dunkin has great coffee and donuts... we eat a lot of them at the assisted living center.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Dunkin has great coffee and donuts... we eat a lot of them at the assisted living center.

I have seen come commercials for a new cold brew from there that looks good. Still haven't tried it.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Here's a place I've heard of, and had a friend call me from there once as he thought it seemed like my kind of place. I still haven't been. Anxiety is a *****.

Wichita by EB - Another place for artisan chocolates in Wichita: Sweet 'n Saucy

Have you ever heard of Sweet ‘n Saucy. For some, they are known for their wide selection of crazy and zany socks. To others, they are the locally owned shop that carries over 350 glass bottles of soda and 350 bottles of hot sauce. Then there’s the candy shop, others could spend hours browsing around. Whether you’re looking for the sweet or saucy side of things, this store has got you covered.

Little to my knowledge, and perhaps yours as well, this place also carries a selection of artisan chocolates. Sound like a good enough reason to stop by? I thought so; let’s check it out.
                              I wasn't aware of the chocolates there, but was aware that they had soda and hot sauce. I want to go for the hot sauces but I'm also a big fan of trying unique sodas and who doesn't like chocolate?

I've also still yet to go to Cocoa Dulce. I parked there once, but failed to get out of the car and go in. My place for unique sodas and candy has been Rocket Fizz over at 96 and Greenwich. But I need to branch out.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Sweet ‘n Saucy is definitely worth trying if you love huge selection of sweets and sodas. Layout is roughly the same as RocketFizz.
                                ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
                                www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Working...
                                X