No announcement yet.

Official Foodie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell is the big deal about Dutch Brothers on Maize Road. Line of cars always wrapped around the building. I know it’s new but are they putting Oxy in their drinks?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
      What the hell is the big deal about Dutch Brothers on Maize Road. Line of cars always wrapped around the building. I know it’s new but are they putting Oxy in their drinks?
      Could be the ‘Nitro Cold Brew’, but probably good old fashioned Marketing 101 and Chick-fil-A type service.

https://www.wichitabyeb.com/2022/07/...offee.html/amp
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

What the hell is the big deal about Dutch Brothers on Maize Road. Line of cars always wrapped around the building. I know it’s new but are they putting Oxy in their drinks?
        Can't be goin' all willy nilly with the Oxy!

Comment

• I hadn't even heard of this place, but they're expanding with a second restaurant. Wichita does love its Mexican.

AOL - Wichita taqueria that's earned a big following about to get a sit-down sister restaurant

Taqueria La Chona opened two and a half years ago in the shadow of St. Joseph Hospital, and since then, the little restaurant serving the flavors of Jalisco, Mexico, has earned a big following.

Now, its owners — Serjio Valadez and wife Alma Cerrillo — are ready to expand. The couple has taken over the space at 1210 W. Pawnee that Jimmy’s Egg vacated in February and plans to open a sister restaurant to Taqueria La Chona, only this one will be a full-service, sit-down Mexican restaurant.

It’ll be called Fonda La Chona, and it will serve the same tacos, tortas and burritos that have made Taqueria La Chona, 3415 E. Harry, famous, but will also offer around 20 additional entrees, including seafood dishes, fajitas, molcajetes and more. It will also have a full bar, whereas the taqueria sells only beer, and that will allow the owners to offer margaritas, mimosas and other mixed drinks
          Granted, Taqueria La Chona is outside of my general travel and area of knowledge. That would help explain why I'd be unfamiliar. But it sounds like they've been doing quite well. I'll have to look up the address of their new location, but I think I know where it is as there is a building I drive by occasionally when on lunch that I believe used to have Jimmy's Egg signage. So I might be able to check that out eventually.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

It's Wichita. If it is new to Wichita, then it must be manna from heaven sent by the larger metro areas.

Comment

• Just wait until we get a Bad Ass Coffee in town.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                Just wait until we get a Bad Ass Coffee in town.
                Dude! We have one close to my house here in SD. LOVE it!!

Comment

• If I come up with $35K I may become a franchisee. I don't see that happening though.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• A new pizza place is coming to Wichita's east side.

AOL - 'A little New York flavor' is coming to Wichita in this new Waterfront restaurant

Grimaldi’s Pizzeria, a New York-style pizza that’s known for coal-fired brick oven pizza, is coming to the building on the northwest corner of 13th and Webb Road, in front of Whole Foods Market, next spring.

“This started in Brooklyn,” Clark said. “We’re excited to be able to bring a little New York flavor to Wichita”
                    Simon said so many Wichitans seem to long for a Cheesecake Factory, but he said Grimaldi’s makes its own cheesecakes and cannoli.

“If they want good cheesecake, they’re going to have it . . . as soon as they get this store open.”

The restaurant also serves calzones, salads and appetizers.
                    This will be the 43rd Grimaldi's nationally. The closest locations currently are KC and Dallas I believe. I've never been to one, but have heard good things.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• I know inflation, but the pizza better come with a massage for $29 for a large 3 topping. Just sayin'.....can it be THAT good?

Comment

• That is up there, but not uncommon to see higher prices outside of the massive chains (Pizza Hut, Domino's, Little Caesar, Papa John's). Plus, their large is 18", where as a large at say Pizza Hut is only 12". I'm not sure what kind of ingredients they use. I often pay over $20 for a large pizza at Bob & Luigi's or Gambino's.

Electric Pizza costs about $25 for a 16".

Pizza John's is around $21 for a 16"

Knolla's is around $24 for a 18"

WBC is only around $14 but they only do 12"

Tutor's is around $19 for a 14"

Gambino's is around $26 for an 18"

Angelo's is around $24 for a 14"

Marchello's will be around $23 for a 16"

Oak & Pie around $16 for a 12"

So it's really not that crazy when you're talking about places that don't get massive discounts because they have so many locations.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Wichita by EB - Sungrano Pizza will soon offer New York and Detroit style pizza

Sungrano Pizza, who is a part of Social Tap Drinkery, located at 4519 E. 19th St. N., will soon offer what many diners have been asking for.

There’s a very small footprint in town when it comes to New York style and Detroit style pizza. Owner Justin Neel knows this and has been working hard at perfecting recipes to bring these styles of pizzas to Wichita.

Starting next week (exact day still to be determined), Sungrano Pizza will unveil their New York Style pizza. They have outsourced a Midwest bakery to make their New York and wood-fired dough, which will have an in-house 72-hour fermentation on them. The 20-inch pies will be sold in whole. They are working on a process to sell by the slice, but that will not happen until later.
                          More options coming to campus. Though, I simply don't get the Detroit style as a whole and still wish we had more options for Chicago.

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• West side Jose Pepper's abruptly closed today. I know people who were/are big fans of Jose's, I was never one of them. It was okay if that's what people wanted. The east side location is still open.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• A new Latin flavor is coming soon.

AOL - New Latin restaurant will open in Wichita in December, but owners are serving food now

The Wichita couple, who both hail from Latin countries, plan to start serving a limited menu starting today — Monday, Oct. 17 — from under a tent outside the site of their future restaurant, which is at 535 N. Woodlawn, suite 330. The couple is taking over the vacant space previously occupied by Petra Cafe, which is in a strip center to the east of Wichita Brewing Company.

For now, the hours will be 11 am. to 6 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays, and customers are invited to get food to go or to sit and enjoy at an outdoor table.

Las Abuelas, which translates to “the grandmothers,” will serve many of the recipes the couple grew up eating, Maggie said. She was raised in Mexico and Spain, and Josef is Salvadoran. Their menu will include staples like tacos, burritos and tortas, and it will also offer “down-to-earth soups you only find in your grandmothers’ kitchen,” like pozole and beef stew with oxtail.

The restaurant will also serve several regional specialties, including a Salvadoran smothered torta called pane rellenos. Empanadas also will be on the menu.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• A new concept for Wichita opens today on the west side.

Restaurant News - New Charcuterie Concept Graze Craze to Open First Kansas Location

Wichita, KS (RestaurantNews.com) Graze Craze®, a booming new concept in charcuterie boards and boxes for healthy lunches, office catering and special events, will open its first Kansas location at 2233 N Ridge Rd., Suite 105, in Wichita on Monday, Oct. 17. Graze Craze is the newest food franchise to join the community of award-winning brands affiliated with United Franchise Group™ (UFG).

Kansas natives and husband-wife duo, Kip and Kristy Hawkins, will be the first franchisees to bring Graze Craze to Kansas. Driven by their shared entrepreneurial spirit, the Hawkins have committed to opening at least two Graze Craze locations in the Wichita-area, with their second storefront slated to open in Cambridge Market. The Hawkins are active members of their community and plan to also use their Graze Craze to support local nonprofit organizations.

“Charcuterie boards have been a staple in our household for over a decade,” said Kristy Hawkins. “Our family loves grazing and we’re so excited to share our passion and expertise with the local community through providing beautiful charcuterie boards to enhance any occasion.”
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X