No announcement yet.

Official Foodie Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, BJs has 4 sliders and fries for $15.45, and that is without a drink. It is table service, but then add a tip on top of that. That is versus Smalls which has a 4 burger combo with fries and a drink for $13.99 and maybe no or smaller tip. If the Smalls sliders are decent, then that isn't a bad price to pay. Options are good. I wish them luck.

Comment

• Speaking of White Castle has anyone tried the White Castle sliders in the freezer section at Sams?

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
        Speaking of White Castle has anyone tried the White Castle sliders in the freezer section at Sams?
        Once.

Theres a cancer warning on the side of the box. Seriously.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• The west side is finally getting a Nothing Bundt Cake location at 29th and Maize. It's also getting a dirty soda chain called Swig in the same strip center.

NBC is lovely. I hit the one at 21st and Rock not as often as I'd like but more often than I should.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• While I don't think underrated is the right term for Japan Express, it's rarely in the discussion of best restaurants. I want to change that because I love that place so much.

If you've never been, I hope this guide can help you.

https://www.wichitabyeb.com/2024/04/japan-express-a-visual-guide-to-every-entree-on-the-menu.html
            ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
            www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

• Originally posted by EB 22 View Post
              While I don't think underrated is the right term for Japan Express, it's rarely in the discussion of best restaurants. I want to change that because I love that place so much.

If you've never been, I hope this guide can help you.

https://www.wichitabyeb.com/2024/04/japan-express-a-visual-guide-to-every-entree-on-the-menu.html
              Might be a broken link?
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Something I've never shied away from is the fact that Japan Express is probably one of my top 3 favorite restaurants in Wichita. Its simplicity, convenience,

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Wichita by EB - New Cajun restaurant appears to be taking over Da Cajun Shak

Following the closing of Da Cajun Shak last month, it looks like another Cajun spot is already taking over. LA Cajun Seafood & Chicken appears to be opening later this month.

According to the restaurant’s Facebook page, LA Cajun Seafood & Chicken is “Pleased to bring a little bit of Da Bayou to you. We serve the Cajun flavors, hot and sweet. Come on in Y’all and Pass a Good Time wit’ us! We got a pot full a’ gumbo and a table full a’ Love!”

The grand opening day for the restaurant, which will be located at 6249 E. 21st St. N, will be Friday, April 26 from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.

A menu has been shared online and features Po’ Boys, tacos, seafood, chicken, fried rice, chow mein, and boil options.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Tacos, fried rice, chow mein??? Cajun

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Tacos, fried rice, chow mein??? Cajun
                      Are gator balls anything like Rocky Mountain Oysters? Bayou Oysters perhaps.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Are gator balls anything like Rocky Mountain Oysters? Bayou Oysters perhaps.
                        th.jpg

Comment

• Man I haven't seen that guy in a long, long time.

And I was today years old when I learned he died 23 years ago....at the age of 87.

Comment

• It's only been open about a week, but has anyone been to Sickies yet? The menu options look phenomenal
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• New food challenge

Wichita by EB - The time I attempted The WD40 (a 40oz burger and fries) challenge at Whiskey Dicks

To celebrate 14 years in business, Whiskey Dicks is releasing a new burger challenge on May 1.

It’s called the WD40 Challenge.

To beat the challenge, you have 30 minutes to finish a 2-pound burger with all the fixings and a half pound of fries. You cannot leave your seat during the challenge. It cost $40 to attempt the challenge and if you complete it, winners get a free t-shirt, bragging rights and the meal for free.

I was invited to attempt this challenge with three other food bloggers to test it out and provide feedback.

When I arrived, the staff was preparing the burgers. I got a peek in the kitchen to see the burgers prepped which was really just a mind game to mess with me.

…..it worked.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                                It's only been open about a week, but has anyone been to Sickies yet? The menu options look phenomenal
                                Sounds like a great place to spread my upper respiratory infection…

Sorry Sub.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X