WBB coach announcement today at 1:30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like this photo
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

"Jody is, first and foremost, a great teacher of the game," Tennessee coach Pat Summitt said of Adams last year. "Her knowledge, wisdom and her communication skills make her one of the best-prepared young coaches in the women's game."

Can't ask for a better endorsement than that from the premier women's coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
        I built an apartment project in Cleveland, Tennessee once upon a time.

It was an experience, which I will never forget. Think Deliverance.
        Ok! One of the all-time best scenes in movie history! :good:

'Deliverance' - 'Dueling banjos' scene
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

... and who could ever forget the "squeal like a pig" scene.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Looks like another great hire by JS. Maybe we can finish a little higher in the Valley next year.

Comment

I wouldn't be too concerned with her leaving Murray too quickly. Most of us can agree that a job offer that triples your salary isn't gonna be turned down very often. We hate to lose her, but how can you blame her?

Comment

:wsu_posters: Welcome to the "Shocker Nation", Jody ! :wsu_posters:
              We've got your Back .....
              Semper Wu !!!

Comment

OK, there is still one assistant coach position to be filled. Hope she shows everyone what a really good recruiter she is and recruits Jackie Stiles to fill it!

Comment

Originally posted by Racerman
                  I wouldn't be too concerned with her leaving Murray too quickly. Most of us can agree that a job offer that triples your salary isn't gonna be turned down very often. We hate to lose her, but how can you blame her?

Exactly right!! You certainly couldn't expect her to turn down tripling her salary.

Comment

I think she will bring us back. She seems like a good fit.

Comment

I can care less about Stiles being the 3rd assistant. Sure, she played in the conference but she has no real local pull for recruiting despite what some people think.

If local talent is here, then let's get it, but people need to think bigger than Wichita and even bigger than Kansas if we want to get to the NCAA tournament.

The top programs in the country don't worry about recruiting locally, so why should we?

Maybe we should realize that they are getting to the tournament because they are looking at the BEST talent, not just local talent.

Comment

It seems to me there is a lot of local talent going to BCS schools? Is that impression incorrect? I would think keeping the Wichita, Derby, and Andover kids alone at WSU would go a long way to making the tournament. That being said, I think local recruiting is often easier said than done and I'm certainly not against recruiting outside the area.

But keeping some of those local kids at WSU would seem like a good start to me.
                        Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

That purple place up the road had a pretty good run with "just local talent" for several years.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUfan1975
                            I can care less about Stiles being the 3rd assistant. Sure, she played in the conference but she has no real local pull for recruiting despite what some people think.

If local talent is here, then let's get it, but people need to think bigger than Wichita and even bigger than Kansas if we want to get to the NCAA tournament.

The top programs in the country don't worry about recruiting locally, so why should we?

Maybe we should realize that they are getting to the tournament because they are looking at the BEST talent, not just local talent.
                            I'm not sure who was saying that Jackie Stiles has local pull? IMO, she has more of a national name… she’s still a legend in women’s basketball circles. Personally, I don't care who the new coach hires as a 3rd assistant, but she could do a lot worse than Jackie Stiles. Regardless, there are few players in women’s basketball history that were more dedicated and determined than Jackie Stiles… if I were the coach, I would at least give her a courtesy call.

:good:
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I don't think WSUfan1975 has a clue as to how good the girls talent in this area really is and not just in basketball. The national powers are in this area recruiting. We have many area girls signing with the Big 12 schools. KSU won the Big 12 this year with five small town Kansas girls in the game. A Derby girl was All-Big 12 from Colorado. We have players committed to OSU, OU, Missouri in the Big 12. SMU, Virginia Commonwealth, ORU, Memphis, and a lot of people courting. I saw coaches at the Campus Sub-State from D-1 schools I didn't even know were D-1 schools. Our young ladies are truely Queens on the court.

Comment

Good post Hovpen. Missouri St has pulled local girls out of here in the past that started pretty much all 4 years for them and helped them beat WSU quite often.

Doesn't Heights have a couple of D1 signees this year? And K-State has done very, very well with girls from schools like Clay Center, Moundridge, McPherson, etc.

Coach Lamb has also done very well with local recruits, so for someone to say that recruiting locally isn't as important just doesn't have a clue about women's basketball.

Comment

Working...
                                X