• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KGSO said that it is Jody Adams.
    "You can observe a lot just by watching."
    -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Chris scoops Shockernet......so does Sully. Both only mentioned the two coaches discussed here, with Sully ruling out Schnieder via a source in the ESU athletic dept.

No one knows yet for sure, Murry State's announcement could be they have signed Adams to a new contract with a bigger paycheck...

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
        She was the Murray State coach for 11 months?

Do you take the over or under of 11 months at WSU? She sounds like she may be an up and coming coach, but what can you prove in only 11 months?

It isn't Jane, so it's definitely a major upgrade though.
        MSU was coming off a successful season, from what I read. So her success there was more of a continuation.

WSU is a rebuilding job. She'll be here awhile, more than likely.

Comment

The announcement will be on GoShockers.com, but will it be on TV? Radio?
          If so, what stations?

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
            The announcement will be on GoShockers.com, but will it be on TV? Radio?
            If so, what stations?
            I'd try 1410 KGSO.
            "You can observe a lot just by watching."
            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

KGSO is covering the conference.

Comment

Terrell Benton opined that the biggest issue with Jane was that she simply did not develop the players once she got the in the program.

I think that is a pretty good observation.

Basically, Jane maybe was just too nice of a person and wanted to be everyone's buddy and perhaps simply did not set expectations high enough nor push hard enough.

Comment

Jody Adams it is.

Comment

Bento-Jackson at Santa Clara was let go because it was determined she was too verbally abusive and pushed the kids too hard.

Imagine how those players would have felt playing for "The General".

Comment

Page Not Found (404): It looks like you're lost... The page you are looking for no longer exists.

Comment

That may have been the world's shortest press conference. Not a lot of questions...
                        Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

wow i sense excitment for womens basketball, because there is thread that is already 3 pages long that has only been here for half a day
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Well, I called it pretty good, Barr and Moore are coming, and the other 2 are not.

I was really surprised that noone asked about recruiting at all, especially with spring signing coming up soon.

Comment

Thankfully the majority of the underclassmen on the wbb team want to be pushed and developed....i.e. Jane wasn't the only problem and how much she contributed to the problem will probably always be a chicken and egg debate. Yes, in other words, she's not the only departee I'm glad to see go (even if they were "locals"). And, I really wasn't necessarily "glad" to see Jane go but her loyalty to this senior class was mind-boggling (with Hoyt-loyalty being a second puzzler) .

This should make the WSU/SO. Ill games very interesting from now on. Adams had worked for Dana the majority of her D1 experience (UMKC/So. Ill) and will likely bring Carlai Moore (UMKC/So. Ill) along as an assistant.

The good news is she may entertain retaining Gillespie since the male assistant at Murray State was retained though the diff is he has a record-setting tenure there. It does look like Mike has more D1 experience than any assistant who may follow her just not in the women's game. It does negate the argument of keeping him because of his familiarity in the Valley.

In a best-case scenario, I wish she would have been handed sophomores with the playing time the seniors got this year because if you are going to routinely lose by 30, at least develop your future and Gillespie stays on because I think he truly deserves it.

Am impressed she took a team, obviously not her recruits though, to the NCAA based on 4 guards of 5'3", 5'5", 5'7" and 5'10" with a 6'5" post that was less of a factor. And, if Moore truly does follow her, Sam's development looks promising under her tutelage.

Anyone freaked out that our new coaches initials are JA............just like our old????

Comment

If I understood her correctly, she said something to the effect that Wichita State has been on her radar as a desirable job. I thought that was interesting.

Was she at Tennessee while Jane was an assistant there? Did they keep in touch during Adams' days at SIU?

Comment

Working...
                                X