No announcement yet.

Mizuno Invitational @ Rice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest I have no idea which one Chelsey is. What does she do during warmups? Is she the 2nd setter, hitting, or shagging balls? My guess is the only way to answer your question for sure '72 would be to ask Lamb at a chalk talk or somehow go watch a practice.

Comment

Originally posted by dregn
      To be honest I have no idea which one Chelsey is. What does she do during warmups? Is she the 2nd setter, hitting, or shagging balls? My guess is the only way to answer your question for sure '72 would be to ask Lamb at a chalk talk or somehow go watch a practice.
      She is #18 if I recall correctly. She is the second setter in warmups before matches. She should look to score points on second contact, just like MEH. She is also said to be an excellent right (?) side hitter.
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

USC wins set 4. It's going to 5.
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by dregn
          Well that would be the sensible thing to do for sure. But then what would I have to speculate about? ;-)

Comment

I thought Rice was well on the way to a win when they jumped out to a 6-1 lead in Set 5, but USC has rallied back to take an 11-10 lead.

Comment

USC wins Set 5 15-11 to remain undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                We get to beat an undefeated team; let's have some fowl with rice tomorrow. :D

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                  Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                  We get to beat an undefeated team; let's have some fowl with rice tomorrow. :D
                  That would be tasty indeed. Statistically, Rice seemed to be the better team. They outhit USC .228-.159 with 68 kills to 61 for USC. They outblocked USC 13-7. The had 4 aces to 2 for USC. They outscored USC 103-97 for the match. USC did have 92 digs to 88 for Rice and they had no ball handling errors to 2 for Rice. Of course, USC won the most important stat -- they won 3 sets to 2 for Rice. The one-sided 3rd set no doubt help skew the overall stats in Rice's favor, but had no impact on the ultimate outcome. You gotta give USC some credit after falling behind 6-1 in Set 5. That is a major hole to dig out of in 15 point set. That 14-5 run against a quality opponent to close out the match was pretty impressive.

Pretty impressive line by Rice's Natalie Bogan: 20-1-44 for a .432 hitting percentage, 1 service ace, 7 block assists and 1 block solo. 1 attack error with 44 swings -- that ain't too bad.

Might be a few tired arms tomorrow. In addition to Bogan's 44 attacks, Rice's Jenn McClean took 45 swings and Ashley McCord took 35 hacks.

The real workhorse though was USC's Ivana Kujundzic who had 70 attacks. In addition, Hannah Lawing took 41 swings for USC.

Emily S. and Sarah Mac took 14 swings each and Emily A. took 13 for the Shocks. Not sure if that will mean anything or not tomorrow, but maybe some of that chicken and rice is already cooked.

Comment

Nice start for the Shocks up 8-2 in Set 1. But South Carolina did a good job coming back against Rice last night.

2 Service errors by socks. Shocks have 3 blocks. Sarah McGee playing well.

Comment

Shocks with 4 service errors halfway through Set 1. Need to cut that in half.

Comment

Service ace by Sarah McGee.

Comment

Kinda wish I was there in person.

http://gamecocksonline.cstv.com/spor...bridget00.html :good:

Comment

I noticed last night that the USC roster was very easy on the eyes.

Always good for the DOM demographic. :D

Comment

Never been a big fan of the Serbs though.....need to shut this gal down before she gets going.

22-18 TO Shox.

Comment

Game 1 25-18.

McGee hit .429 and 2 block assists.

Comment

Working...
                                X