No announcement yet.

Mizuno Invitational @ Rice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of bad errors give WSU the lead......Emily gets a kill to take a 21-17 edge.

Comment

More service errors.....on match point nonetheless.

Comment

WSU gets revenge for that 73-0 football drubbing at the hands of USC some 29 years ago by taking the 4th set and the match.

Shocks move to 8-1 by handing the Gamecocks their 1st loss of the season 25-18, 25-27, 25-20, 25-19.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

Just kept walking as long as Shocks were doing OK, although I was not a :D camper when the Shocks let the 16-11 lead in Set 4 evaporate, but to their credit they responded quickly and decisively to put the match away.

Lambo did not sound real please though and said they need to step it up defensively against Rice tonight or they could be in trouble. Also, he is not pleased that his best power lineup is not playing nearly was well as they were playing in the Spring.

Neverthless, deep down I think he has to be happy with this win that I think will prove to be a quality win at the end of the year.

Another tough one coming up tonight. :goshocks:

Comment

The chicken part of the meal was tasty but we need some cooked rice to go with it.
            :goshocks:
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
              The chicken part of the meal was tasty but we need some cooked rice to go with it.
              :yes: Sounds like Lambo agreed that this serving of fowl was just a little too gamey for his taste. A big helping of Fried Rice would no doubt go a long way in cleansing our palates.

Harvard is giving Rice a pretty competitive match but they are down 0-2 after Rice wins the first 2 sets 25-22 and 25-21.

Rice's Natalie Bogan now has a total of 1 attack error in 60 attempts over 7 sets in this tournament and is hitting 0.467. She will definitely tests the Shocks defensive prowess tonight.

Edit: Rice wins Set 3 easily at 25-15 to finish off the Crimson. Bogan finishes the match with a 11-0-19 = .579 attack line. After two matches in the Tournament she is now 31-1-63 = .476 on her attacks.

Attendance for yesterday's session was 310 and for the early session today it was 297. :blink:

Comment

Cut Zoobilee short to catch the important part of the match tonight.

Shocks started slow (much like the NCAA tourney match last season) but roared back in the 2nd game to even it at 1 at the break.

Comment

The Shocks have had to bring their lunch pails with them tonight as they don't seem to be real sharp. In addition, sounds like they may be battling a little bit of home cooking.

Shocks are hitting one of their lowest percentages of the year. Their blocking seems to be the key for allowing them to hang in there tonight.

Comment

I really hate service errors. To the best of my knowledge the Shocks have never scored when they make a service error and I suspect they never will. As much as costing you a point thought they always seem to be momentum killers.

Comment

• Shocks win. :clap: :goshocks: :clap:

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                        I really hate service errors. To the best of my knowledge the Shocks have never scored when they make a service error and I suspect they never will. As much as costing you a point thought they always seem to be momentum killers.

There really is a LOT more to that than just getting it in play, but I hear you.

Oh, btw, SHOCKS WIN!

Comment

• The only thing I hate worse than a service error is a missed free throw.

Comment

• I understand that you want to serve tough, but there are times to go for it and times to give youself at least a chance to score. Service errors are like walks in baseball. No one has ever caught a walk and no one will ever score on a service error. Actually, the Shocks did not have as many tonight as they have, but it seemed like everytime they did have one it was at a very key point.

Nevertheless, the Shocks found a way to win and this may very well prove to be a very big day for this year's team at the end of the year.

Sure makes you wish you could get a do over on the Pitt match.

Sounds like Emily S. willed the Shocks to the win tonight.

:clap: :goshocks: :clap:

Comment

• Thanks to KEYN I was able to listen to most of the game tonight while driving around Hutchinson. I sure hope KEYN carries the basketball broadcasts this year.

:good: :good:
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                                The Shocks have had to bring their lunch pails with them tonight as they don't seem to be real sharp. In addition,
                                sounds like they may be battling a little bit of home cooking.

Shocks are hitting one of their lowest percentages of the year. There blocking seems to be the key for allowing them to hang in there tonight.

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
                                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                                X