Elephant in the Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
    Happy to see the VB team performing so well.! If they maintain consistency and make the tournament, I might have to negate the zero from Lamb0’s name.
    if they make the tournament this year they would certainly be way ahead of schedule. I am not expecting the Shocks will repeat the 7-3 record of the 1st half and they will pretty much have to do that to have any chance of a tournament bid. Of the Shocks 7 wins in the 1st half only 1 was a sweep while 3 were 4 set matches and 3 went to 5 sets It's possible but the Shocks don't have a lot or room for error and the AAC is a pretty competitive conference from top to bottom.

Now the next 2 years I think expectations of making the NCAA Tournament are in order assuming they can stay healthy.

Comment

• It’s been a while for this thread! Maybe it should be changed to the HOT SEAT?

With the Carter’s now surprisingly gone, what are expectations for this season?

Anything less than the optimistic views expressed at the end of last season, what happens?

No more Elephant in the room. He’s the last man standing. What excuses will be made and accepted if this team is not at least a TOP 3 finisher in the league?

Why so quiet on the volleyball chatter?

Good Luck Shockers!!

Comment

• How much VB chatter do you expect this time of year? And you're using an assistant getting a HC job as a knock on the program?

It's obvious to all you have an agenda and signed up for that one purpose alone. You're not the least bit objective about any of it.

We had a young team last year that finished well and showed a lot of potential. Personally, I'm excited to see what this team can do this season and I'm sure Lamb will find some quality assistants to fill the spots that are now open.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• You must not quite understand how important this time of year is in the volleyball recruiting calendar.

AAU Nationals and USAV Nationals all happening over the next 3 weeks. If you don’t think WSU losing its TOP 2 recruiters right in the middle of the cycle is, going to impact recruiting you are wrong.

I am being objective.

I am asking if this is now on Lambo? Good team coming back. How they perform is on him. Not the lost coaches or the new ones that may be coming.

I’m asking if he gets to use his excuses again this year. Because if they underperform, you know Lamb will have some reason. If they win, will WSU have to pay Chris another $250k bonus to stick around?

No question I’m not a fan of the coach.

Saying I’m not objective would mean you really haven’t read what I’ve been posting vs the reality of what’s been happening since the Coach Of The Year was bestowed upon Chris.

Go Shocks!!

Comment

• I just don't get your axe. And it's clear you don't like him. Again, I don't get that but to each his own I suppose.

I get people that don't like Gregg. Personally, I love the guy, but his demeanor isn't for everyone. So be it. But how can you not like Lambo?

Are there better coaches? I will concede there are. Are there better fits at WSU? I don't know. Maybe. But the grass isn't always greener. But I would a LOT rather see WSU spend 250K to keep Lambo a few more years than pay $1 to keep the women's basketball coach, as a for instance. But again, to each his own.

I don't know if it's been discussed here (and I'm sure YOU know) but they are also hiring for the Operations Director as Shannon has retired. So there's a big staff change all around and it's not a "want". How much do you want Lambo to sacrifice?

I'm weary of chowderheads with little to nothing at stake complaining to high Heaven. Like they are somehow owed their own defined expectations.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimshocker View Post
              You must not quite understand how important this time of year is in the volleyball recruiting calendar.

AAU Nationals and USAV Nationals all happening over the next 3 weeks. If you don’t think WSU losing its TOP 2 recruiters right in the middle of the cycle is, going to impact recruiting you are wrong.

I am being objective.

I am asking if this is now on Lambo? Good team coming back. How they perform is on him. Not the lost coaches or the new ones that may be coming.

I’m asking if he gets to use his excuses again this year. Because if they underperform, you know Lamb will have some reason. If they win, will WSU have to pay Chris another $250k bonus to stick around?

No question I’m not a fan of the coach.

Saying I’m not objective would mean you really haven’t read what I’ve been posting vs the reality of what’s been happening since the Coach Of The Year was bestowed upon Chris.

Go Shocks!!
              Aren’t you a referee?

Comment

• Just spreading a rumor…..food for thought.

Lambs daughter has 2 years left of High School. Unfortunately, I had heard about Shannon and wish her the best!!

Maybe the discussion was that Sean be named Chris’s successor in waiting 2 years from now. Most felt Sean was hanging around for just that.

WSU with no Athletic Director could not make that call right now.

Sean said OK, I’m going to Idaho.

What becomes of WSU Volleyball?

Comment

• Sean can still be the successor. Obviously the new, yet to be named AD has a say in that, but just because he's taken a HC job, doesn't mean he can't come back in a few years, if that's how it would play out, to take over the WSU program.

Though I would hope that any new hire has proper research and vetting done, regardless of them having connections or not. But if Sean is that good and already has ties and connections to the community here, that can go a long way. Especially for programs that need every penny they can earn themselves.

Just like in basketball, if we had had a competent AD at the time, a coach who'd left Wichita to be a HC elsewhere could have and should have been at the top of the list to call when the position was available. Him leaving didn't end that possibility. Only a shitty AD did.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• If anything it might help. Go out and get head coach experience and be successful and we could very well see the Carter's again. I also believe they are California kids who might want to get closer to family? Also new coaches more than likely mean new recruiting areas. With Lamb's contacts the openings will be filled much sooner than later.
                    Last edited by boyshocker; June 14, 2022, 09:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

if they make the tournament this year they would certainly be way ahead of schedule. I am not expecting the Shocks will repeat the 7-3 record of the 1st half and they will pretty much have to do that to have any chance of a tournament bid. Of the Shocks 7 wins in the 1st half only 1 was a sweep while 3 were 4 set matches and 3 went to 5 sets It's possible but the Shocks don't have a lot or room for error and the AAC is a pretty competitive conference from top to bottom.

Now the next 2 years I think expectations of making the NCAA Tournament are in order assuming they can stay healthy.

They seemed to stay healthy. At least in the major contributors health.

‘72. Over a year since this post. Did this season meet YOUR expectations?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        I just don't get your axe. And it's clear you don't like him. Again, I don't get that but to each his own I suppose.

I get people that don't like Gregg. Personally, I love the guy, but his demeanor isn't for everyone. So be it. But how can you not like Lambo?

Are there better coaches? I will concede there are. Are there better fits at WSU? I don't know. Maybe. But the grass isn't always greener. But I would a LOT rather see WSU spend 250K to keep Lambo a few more years than pay $1 to keep the women's basketball coach, as a for instance. But again, to each his own.

I don't know if it's been discussed here (and I'm sure YOU know) but they are also hiring for the Operations Director as Shannon has retired. So there's a big staff change all around and it's not a "want". How much do you want Lambo to sacrifice?

I'm weary of chowderheads with little to nothing at stake complaining to high Heaven. Like they are somehow owed their own defined expectations.
                        WuDr. Your pal ‘72 set the expectation of the NCAA this year? This chowderhead is not complaining. Wondering if you are owed ‘72s defined expectations?

And how’s that women’s basketball coach doing?
                        Last edited by jimshocker; December 9, 2022, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• Mental health is healthcare.

Comment

• It’s time for him to go, Unless there’s some external reason for the continued lack of post season ncaa invites. I’m sure Lamb0 will find that reason. Long time since his first year in the AAC when he lectured the other conference coaches on non conf scheduling and went undefeated with moval talent. The program is going backward. 2 steps forward to mediocrity simply doesn’t cut it.

Comment

• With the issues in the MBB, WBB, and baseball programs. I don't think a change in the Volleyball program is that high, if it is even on, the todo list.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post
                                With the issues in the MBB, WBB, and baseball programs. I don't think a change in the Volleyball program is that high, if it is even on, the todo list.
                                And that is Lambos saving grace? That his program while an issue is less of an issue than other programs?

Even though the issues with volleyball began 5 years ago. And have stayed status qou or slightly backward over the last 5 years.

The other programs have all seen relative success compared to volleyball during that same time frame.

It’s right in front of your face this season. Drake!

WSU owned them while in the MVC.

Which program appears to be in a better place now? They were in the same building last week. They played the same opponent, on WSU home court.

Look no farther than the opening round of the NIVC to see an easy comparison of two former MVC conference mates.

Comment

Working...
                                X