Elephant in the Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

if they make the tournament this year they would certainly be way ahead of schedule. I am not expecting the Shocks will repeat the 7-3 record of the 1st half and they will pretty much have to do that to have any chance of a tournament bid. Of the Shocks 7 wins in the 1st half only 1 was a sweep while 3 were 4 set matches and 3 went to 5 sets It's possible but the Shocks don't have a lot or room for error and the AAC is a pretty competitive conference from top to bottom.

Now the next 2 years I think expectations of making the NCAA Tournament are in order assuming they can stay healthy.

Comment

• Assuming they can stay healthy, Jim.

Our preseason co player of the year had 1200 attacks last season and less than 400 this season and frankly hasn't been 100% at any point so far. I'm certain you'll tell us how it's Lambo's fault that he didn't have another co player of the year waiting in the wings. Just trying to save you time.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Assuming they can stay healthy, Jim.

Our preseason co player of the year had 1200 attacks last season and less than 400 this season and frankly hasn't been 100% at any point so far. I'm certain you'll tell us how it's Lambo's fault that he didn't have another co player of the year waiting in the wings. Just trying to save you time.

I will not tell you that ;)

I will tell you that as mentioned in another thread, Brylee was a questionable choice for POY healthy or not.

After watching the American this season, a healthy Brylee was a definite stretch for POY.

After watching the Shockers this season, a healthier Brylee might not necessarily be the best choice for this team. She was never a stellar defender.

Picking a fully healthy option and letting them settle in might have been better.

Now two years after the #1 fan said “in two years..,”

Here we are again.

If if and buts were candy and nuts, Chris Lamb might have a full hose to cook up gumbo in his mad scientist laboratory and the Shockers would be an NCAA team again.

Comment

• Jim I do agree about Brylee and POY. I'm sure she will be in the record books but should come with an asterisk for all the years she has been here.

Comment

• I’m encouraged to see this years improvement and happy for Lamb and the team
            In pre Y2 of our AAC membership, it would be identified as an “ok” season. Lamb still has some mirror reflection analysis to do.

Comment

Working...
            X