No announcement yet.

Elephant in the Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too early in the season but good grief man…
    let’s get it turned around. Hoping…

Comment

• Lamb has such a defeatist attitude. His coaches show sucks any hope, energy, enthusiasm out a fan’s outlook.

He needs some positive mojo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
        Lamb has such a defeatist attitude. His coaches show sucks any hope, energy, enthusiasm out a fan’s outlook.

He needs some positive mojo.
        I thought the same thing. Gregg Marshall would gripe about the Valley and NCAA but there was no doubt he was using that as motivation to eviscerate his opponents. Lambo is a different coach and if his end goal is the same as GM, he is not pulling it off. Or maybe he is just tired and ready to move on. Hard to say.

Comment

• Lambo is more like Turgeon in that he has I think an "at this level way of thinking". That said, in volleyball there is much more reason to think that way knowing the cream of the crop of players are going to be cherry picked and that the talent pool for volleyball is not as deep as that for men's basketball. And that talent pool is further diluted because it is more or less split with women's basketball. For example, Abbie Lehman was on her way to playing college basketball before Lambo convinced her otherwise. If you do make the post season where they only seed 16 teams, Lambo has always said it is not how far you get it is who do you get to when your season ends that tells you how you have done.

I think Lambo probably sees himself as a realist and doesn't feel the need to sugar coat things. Clearly the AAC has proven to be a more challenging conference than the MVC. I would point out that it does not look like Northern Iowa and Missouri State have been able to sustain their previous levels of success either. The WSU program was particularly hard hit financially with the effects of Covid and the Gregg Marshall buyout. No doubt maintaining the previous level of success has become more difficult as the sport grows in popularity just like it did for Gene Stephenson and Shocker baseball

I don't think Lambo is tired. He night consider moving on for the right opportunity. Also, because in volleyball you are recruiting STUDENT- athletes and not student-ATHLETES the educational opportunities are of much greater importance in recruiting. You will notice Creighton, SMU and Rice, for example, doing quite well on the recruiting trail and in the transfer portal. Now add NIL to the mix and the rich have another advantage in recruiting.

I think Lambo is 59 now (not 100% sure about that) and I am not sure how much longer he wants to coach. But it may not be all that long until we get to see how a well a successor will do. However, I don't think there is any chance he will be fired unless the wheels totally fall of the bus. And it does not appear we are there yet.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 13, 2023, 11:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
            Lambo is more like Turgeon in that he has I think an "at this level way of thinking". That said, in volleyball there is much more reason to think that way knowing the cream of the crop of players are going to be cherry picked and that the talent pool for volleyball is not as deep as that for men's basketball. And that talent pool is further diluted because it is more or less split with women's basketball. For example, Abbie Lehman was on her way to playing college basketball before Lambo convinced her otherwise. If you do make the post season where they only seed 16 teams, Lambo has always said it is not how far you get it is who do you get to when your season ends that tells you how have done.
            Dude, stop with your excuses.

Volleyball is the #1 growing women’s sport in America. Females are choosing volleyball over basketball now. The talent pool is as deep as it’s ever been for volleyball. How many more years will you use Lehman as some sort of relevant example to the current climate.

Comment

I think Lambo probably sees himself as a realist and doesn't feel the need to sugar coat things. Clearly the AAC has proven to be a more challenging conference than the MVC. I would point out that it does not look like Northern Iowa and Missouri State have been able to sustain their previous levels of success either. The WSU program was particularly hard hit financially with the effects of Covid and the Gregg Marshall buyout. No doubt maintaining the previous level of success has become more difficult as the sport grows in popularity just like it did for Gene Stephenson and Shocker baseball

The AAC is better! Lamb was NCOY. I guess HE cannot level up to the new competition?

The Marshall buyout and Covid excuse surrounding the budget. Also BS! Chris Lamb took a $200k plus BONUS during that situation. You know it! HE took money while simultaneously telling fans the excuses you keep floating for him,
              Last edited by jimshocker; September 13, 2023, 11:04 AM.

Comment

I don't think Lambo is tired. He night consider moving on for the right opportunity. Also, because in volleyball you are recruiting STUDENT- athletes and not student-ATHLETES the educational opportunities are of much greater importance in recruiting. You will notice Creighton, SMU and Rice, for example, doing quite well on the recruiting trail and in the transfer portal. Now add NIL to the mix and the rich have another advantage in recruiting.

What is this! My goodness this is a weak argument. Also thinly laced with sexism. Volleyball Athletes are athletes just as any other athletes. I don’t even understand what you are trying to get across here. Recruit better. It’s your job.

In the last 5 years. How many STUDENTS on the volleyball team even made it 4 years and Graduated from WSU? What is the %?
                Last edited by jimshocker; September 13, 2023, 10:54 AM.

Comment

• Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I think Lambo is 59 now (not 100% sure about that) and I am not sure how much longer he wants to coach. But it may not be all that long until we get to see how a well a successor will do. However, I don't think there is any chance he will be fired unless the wheels totally fall of the bus. And it does not appear we are there yet.
                    He could have left after the NCOY. Instead took his bonus to stay and retire on the job.

Lambo cannot get a better job than he currently has. If you listen to his radio shows…his shtick works in Wichita because of guys like you. His uninspiring talk would not interest programs looking for an inspirational fresh start.

He’s got a money making racket with Shockwave volleyball. When he is done at WSU, he moves to club ball, not another college. 3 of the last 6 recruits are life long friends that invested lots of money in his CLUB, And were rewarded with roster spots at WSU.

Open your eyes!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by jimshocker View Post
                        3 of the last 6 recruits are life long friends that invested lots of money in his CLUB, And were rewarded with roster spots at WSU.

Are you saying the three recruits aren't Division 1 level talent?
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Are you saying the three recruits aren't Division 1 level talent?
                          Time will tell. I’m not commenting on that. The kids are living a dream. May it continue.

Paulsen. When does she see the court and contribute?
                          Hett. I guess a D1 program needs 6 DS’s when the roster cannot score from the Pins?
                          Morrow. Fine player. Been in school with Lambos kid since kindergarten.

It appears there are several kids currently on the roster not D1 level. Or at least D1 level of KU..Colorado…SMU..Rice…CHRIS LAMB says that every week on his coaches show. Not me.

Comment

• jimshocker does make some valid points, however sometimes they come across as karenshocker comments. No offense to any fine Karen’s.
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I think we need to start a thread in Off Topic that is a "conversation" via only GIF images. I just posted one.
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                                jimshocker does make some valid points, however sometimes they come across as karenshocker comments. No offense to any fine Karen’s.
                                Interesting comment since if we compare to GGG or GS basketball and baseball record (or IB and TB) fans would want their head on a stick, but since it’s VB, mediocrity is accepted with little complaint.

Comment

Working...
                                X