Elephant in the Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post
    You’re creeping me out with your numerous posts about being behind. Past references about “bending over coeds” etc. Creepy.

Fast Four is a fund raiser. It’s not altruistic.

A better walked back response WuducWu after 4 hours of thought from your initial response but still lacking justification on holding coaches responsible for losing season-after- season-after season. You’ve tempered your message somewhat after the initial Butleresque post from yesterday though.

Maybe you are learning after all grasshopper (your generation, correct?) and that is all one can hope.
    Be careful on the revisionist history though. It can come back to bite.
    Look, I'm going to make one more attempt to correct you and get something through your thick skull.

Literally nobody gives a **** what your opinion is around here. But anyway.....here goes.

I never said FFs was "altruistic". I said it has done a lot for young girls in the area. It has. There can be no argument against that.

You claim I said it's altruistic then take your own definition that I did NOT use and try to attack me and Lambo with a backhanded and sarcastic half compliment. How long does it take you to make something up like that in your mom's basement?

I don't know what he profits off FF. And I don't care. It can't be much. At $10 a kid, 100 kids, that's $1000 before 1 expense is paid. Renting the gym isn't free. HIs time (and anyone that helps) is worth something. If there's any left over, and he gives it away so what? That I'm even trying to defend Fast Fours is mindnumbingly idiotic. It's a wonderful program for kids in Wichita.

I've never said wins aren't important. In fact I've said the opposite. I HAVE said wins aren't the only thing. And I will die on that hill if need be. Those of us with functional brains can see more than one stat or outcome. More than a singular value to something.

And you really need to get over the entire Butler thing. Anyone, in fact EVERYONE that knows me know I support the programs first and foremost. I did that and will continue to do that. He's been gone for 2 years and 3 months. I really don't even think you were able to comprehend what I had to say then. I mean I get most everything I say goes flying over your head. Still, let it go.

Lastly, and frankly, put up or shut up. Let me know when you're invested like I am both emotionally and monetarily. 14 year volleyball, 30+ basketball and I can't count baseball. I'm at almost every fundraiser. I give gladly and will continue to give. What the hell do you do besides *****? Unless you're going to be positive, STFU and go bother someone else. We Shocker fans have work to do and programs to support.

Comment

Oh, now it’s a business venture rather than a fund raiser!?!?
      Talk about the Curly Shuffle

WuCurlyWu

You're like one of those Monty Python Twit of the Year contestants bludgeoning themselves to death with the butt end of their own gun. I honestly feel sorry for you. I mean, GFY, but I'm sorry about your life.

Comment

• I concur on two major points the Good Doctor makes.

1) We have moved up a level in conferences, and we are no longer in the top three by just showing up.

2) We have not recruited well.

Not a good combination.
        Last edited by flyingMoose; August 17, 2021, 06:03 PM.

Comment

• WuDrWu- Great job on the research but you did miss Lauren Hinrichs.

Lauren transferred to Northern Colorado in 2018 and started every game for all 3 years. Soph year was Big Sky Newcomer, Jr year 2nd team all conference, Sr year 1st team all conference. I know the Big Sky is not the AAC but 2019 and 2020 (if we are allowed to call it a season) were very good seasons. In 2019, UNC was 26-8 overall 20-1 Big Sky and earned a trip the NCAA tournament where they lost 3-1 to Hawaii.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Look, I'm going to make one more attempt to correct you and get something through your thick skull.

Literally nobody gives a **** what your opinion is around here. But anyway.....here goes.

I never said FFs was "altruistic". I said it has done a lot for young girls in the area. It has. There can be no argument against that.

You claim I said it's altruistic then take your own definition that I did NOT use and try to attack me and Lambo with a backhanded and sarcastic half compliment. How long does it take you to make something up like that in your mom's basement?

I don't know what he profits off FF. And I don't care. It can't be much. At $10 a kid, 100 kids, that's $1000 before 1 expense is paid. Renting the gym isn't free. HIs time (and anyone that helps) is worth something. If there's any left over, and he gives it away so what? That I'm even trying to defend Fast Fours is mindnumbingly idiotic. It's a wonderful program for kids in Wichita.

I've never said wins aren't important. In fact I've said the opposite. I HAVE said wins aren't the only thing. And I will die on that hill if need be. Those of us with functional brains can see more than one stat or outcome. More than a singular value to something.

And you really need to get over the entire Butler thing. Anyone, in fact EVERYONE that knows me know I support the programs first and foremost. I did that and will continue to do that. He's been gone for 2 years and 3 months. I really don't even think you were able to comprehend what I had to say then. I mean I get most everything I say goes flying over your head. Still, let it go.

Lastly, and frankly, put up or shut up. Let me know when you're invested like I am both emotionally and monetarily. 14 year volleyball, 30+ basketball and I can't count baseball. I'm at almost every fundraiser. I give gladly and will continue to give. What the hell do you do besides *****? Unless you're going to be positive, STFU and go bother someone else. We Shocker fans have work to do and programs to support.
            WuducWu, you are like the Giuliani of Shockernet. A quack. Defensive, unhinged, but still full of yourself enough to double down on your idiotic, rambling, and senseless posts. A janitor in life who picks bits of info out of the trash of gossip and attempts to use it as great bits of information as if you have great insight to share (remember the football info post).

I’ve owned the narrative on every conversation with you since before your Butler kool- aide drinking days.

Go to the end of the table, and as I’ve told you before, bring your shine box the next time you engage me with a conversation. Though there will be nothing gained from your incorrect info, at least I’ll have a nice shine on my shoes .

Comment

• Lol ok tough guy. Remember what happened to Billy? Aim high, Willis.

Comment

• Back on track, between Veritas insulting WuDrWu and jimshocker alleging FF is a side hustle, the decline in the program is due to not keeping kids we recruit or not recruiting well enough to stay on top? Because other than two or three players it doesn’t sound like the ones that left tore it up somewhere else.

If it is recruiting, why is that? Lambo too focused on recruiting from a specific club? Not hitting the road enough? Lack of talent in the local area?

Comment

• Veritas asks a lot of questions and offers nothing factual or of substance in return.

Why is that? Was their offspring not recruited? Were they denied the ability to be the Patty Beamer of the volleyball team? Is Veritas Patty Beamer? Did one of the players rebuff Veritas sending flowers and Chris Lamb find out and call the cops on them for stalking?

There are a lot of questions here. How do you defend yourself?

Comment

• Hey-I’m not involved with Veritas and Wu!! That’s way beyond me.

On fast fours. Not alleging! It’s true. It’s a side hustle, business, whatever! It used to be advertised as a fundraiser? Thought everyone knew that?

It is actually a common program run all over the country. Including about every club in Wichita, including the Y! Nothing wrong there.
                    Giving Lamb credit for creating fast fours for Wichita is like saying Doctors Evil’s dad did actually invent the question mark.

I am glad we are getting to the issues. Recruiting. Coaching. Both have been failing miserably since the 17 season.

Does it seem odd that Sean Carter’s wife became the assistant coach at the same time? Lambs and Carters. Someone is responsible for the mess. Who in the families is the voice of reason?

The fact that recruits transfer and still don’t succeed is not a positive thing! What were they recruited for to begin with? Who saw something in them? Who failed to coach them up once on campus?

Enough from me until after the season. It’s time cheer on the team. This season is a big one! Another failure and someone should be held accountable?

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                      Veritas asks a lot of questions and offers nothing factual or of substance in return.

Why is that? Was their offspring not recruited? Were they denied the ability to be the Patty Beamer of the volleyball team? Is Veritas Patty Beamer? Did one of the players rebuff Veritas sending flowers and Chris Lamb find out and call the cops on them for stalking?

There are a lot of questions here. How do you defend yourself?
                      I don’t know why the program has gone in the toilet. That’s why I started this thread. I just don’t like the BS of certain posters defending the year-after-year-after-year of a losing program by not acknowledging something is askew.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingMoose View Post
                        I concur on two major points the Good Doctor makes.

1) We have moved up a level in conferences, and we are no longer in the top three by just showing up.

2) We have not recruited well.

Not a good combination.
                        Thanks. Again, where I think we're really lacking, setter and DS/L, we could have Ari and Jacqui as 2 high quality players here right now, 2 young ladies Lambo successfully recruited and really not responsible for their departures. Setter is a different issue and we've obviously missed there since Emily.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimshocker View Post
                          Hey-I’m not involved with Veritas and Wu!! That’s way beyond me.

On fast fours. Not alleging! It’s true. It’s a side hustle, business, whatever! It used to be advertised as a fundraiser? Thought everyone knew that?

It is actually a common program run all over the country. Including about every club in Wichita, including the Y! Nothing wrong there.
                          Giving Lamb credit for creating fast fours for Wichita is like saying Doctors Evil’s dad did actually invent the question mark.

I am glad we are getting to the issues. Recruiting. Coaching. Both have been failing miserably since the 17 season.

Does it seem odd that Sean Carter’s wife became the assistant coach at the same time? Lambs and Carters. Someone is responsible for the mess. Who in the families is the voice of reason?

The fact that recruits transfer and still don’t succeed is not a positive thing! What were they recruited for to begin with? Who saw something in them? Who failed to coach them up once on campus?

Enough from me until after the season. It’s time cheer on the team. This season is a big one! Another failure and someone should be held accountable?
                          You ask fair questions. I don't think the coaching (frankly the recruiting too) is as dire as you make it out to be, but I can certainly get on board with the need to discuss it, and if you're really supporting the team, that's awesome and well done sir.

Comment

I don’t know why the program has gone in the toilet. That’s why I started this thread. I just don’t like the BS of certain posters defending the year-after-year-after-year of a losing program by not acknowledging something is askew.
                            But your kid would have been an All-American? And you’re upset that they recruited someone else?

How much did you spend at the last “fundraiser” to support the program? How many games have you been to?

I could understand if we were talking about KU football. But we’re not. We’re talking about you and your butthurt. But you still dodged the question of why so butthurt?

Was your dad someone important and you falsely believe that his importance somehow applies to you and now no one will kiss the ring?

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

But your kid would have been an All-American? And you’re upset that they recruited someone else?

How much did you spend at the last “fundraiser” to support the program? How many games have you been to?

I could understand if we were talking about KU football. But we’re not. We’re talking about you and your butthurt. But you still dodged the question of why so butthurt?

Was your dad someone important and you falsely believe that his importance somehow applies to you and now no one will kiss the ring?

You part of the WuducWu G7?

WuducWu kisses my ring every time he tries to debate a topic with me going back pre-Butler.

One does not need to be “butthurt” (you and WuducWu have a strange, creepy focus on items relating to rear, behind, bend over, etc…) to ask what is wrong with the program.

I’ve actually enjoyed starting this thread to shine some light on the issue.

As for you, I’ve read some of your posts. While I’ve tried to encourage you from time to time, unfortunately you can barely stand tall enough to even attempt to grab the pebbles from my hand. You are not yet worthy.

Comment

You part of the WuducWu G7?

WuducWu kisses my ring every time he tries to debate a topic with me going back pre-Butler.

One does not need to be “butthurt” (you and WuducWu have a strange, creepy focus on items relating to rear, behind, bend over, etc…) to ask what is wrong with the program.

I’ve actually enjoyed starting this thread to shine some light on the issue.

As for you, I’ve read some of your posts. While I’ve tried to encourage you from time to time, unfortunately you can barely stand tall enough to even attempt to grab the pebbles from my hand. You are not yet worthy.
                                Worthy? Of what? You offer nothing to WSU or specifically to the VB program. No knowledge. No support. Nothing but trying to tear it down.

It was just a few years ago the discussion about transfers started. You and others who know nothing but what the papers say condemning WSU because players are transferring. You say it is a losing program.

But you offer nothing in comparison to other schools for how we fit to the trend. You offer no support. You are like the KU fans who ran off the only coach in history who could win in Lawrence because he was a meany head and someone’s feelings got hurt.

The more you deflect the more it is clear you were the guy stalking two of the players and Coach Lamb called the cops and busted you.

I recommend you staying away from the program and focus on your relationship with your mom. You won’t be able to live in her basement anymore when she passes, and will be on here complaining about the attorney selling the house and kicking you to the curb.

Comment

Working...
                                X