08 Recruit Stats/Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan
    FSF finds myself coming "back to the well" of future recruits listed here, even after a win. HCGM mentioned there is more recruiting going on and we may bring in another recruit or 2 next year. Even with EO, are we now "even" at this juncture with ships?
    Yes. Since Butler left we're now sitting at 13 'ships.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan
      FSF finds myself coming "back to the well" of future recruits listed here, even after a win. HCGM mentioned there is more recruiting going on and we may bring in another recruit or 2 next year. Even with EO, are we now "even" at this juncture with ships?
      We are "good" or "even" as we speak, but Coach told Mike that we'll sign one or two more.

Sounds like he's pretty sure we've got somebody locked up come the spring signing period.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

• Numbers

FSF and others, WSU has 13 scholarship players this year, counting Orukpe (although he obviously has yet to receive any aid) and Butler.

Butler's departure gets them to 12, still counting Orukpe. There are three seniors, which will reduce them to nine at the end of the year; and there are four signees, which will bring them back up to 13 assuming Orukpe arrives.

So anyone who signs in the spring and gets a scholarship will have to be accounted for by WSU's either losing someone else who is a current non-senior scholarship player (several candidates come to mind), or by their inability to get Orukpe on board.

Comment

• Re: Numbers

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
          FSF and others, WSU has 13 scholarship players this year, counting Orukpe (although he obviously has yet to receive any aid) and Butler.

Butler's departure gets them to 12, still counting Orukpe. There are three seniors, which will reduce them to nine at the end of the year; and there are four signees, which will bring them back up to 13 assuming Orukpe arrives.

So anyone who signs in the spring and gets a scholarship will have to be accounted for by WSU's either losing someone else who is a current non-senior scholarship player (several candidates come to mind), or by their inability to get Orukpe on board.
          Or the remote possibility that a player, either current or new, qualifies for an academic scholarship and foregoes an athletic scholarship.

Comment

• Great news and thanks for the update.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Re: Numbers

Originally posted by WSUwatcher

You're right, plus the fact that 'Twany' Beckham has been offered, and someone posted that Brandon Davis has been offered.

Comment

• Kyles led all scorers with 24 in a lost to South Oak Cliff.
                In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
                  Kyles led all scorers with 24 in a lost to South Oak Cliff.
                  That's after a 27 point outburst last week. He's been on fire lately, I wonder if Kimball has needed more production out of him because of matchups or injuries.
                  "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                  -John Wooden

Comment

• When going through a list of recruits I forgot that, at one point anyway, we were recruiting a 6'3" teammate of his, Darian Thibodeaux. Anyone know what he contributes to Kimball?

I can't wait to get a look at Kyles myself this summer. There could be some pretty sweet moments at the pickup games.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Wasn't Kyles playing with an injury early in the year?
                      In the fast lane

Comment

• I believe he was.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• As predicted, Kyles, Giles and Thibodeaux are the heart of the team. I know Darian hits alot of 3s and has led the team in scoring on occassion. He should end up at a "mid-major" school.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

• Toure Murry

2/5 @ Klein Oak
                            2/8 vs. Tomball
                            2/12 @ Klein
                            2/15 @ DeKaney

Garrett Stutz

2/5 @ Oak Park
                            2/8 @ Lee's Summit North
                            2/13 vs. Liberty
                            2/15 vs. Blue Springs

David Kyles

2/5 vs. Adamson
                            2/9 @ Seagoville

Clevin Hannah

2/2 @ Oskaloosa-Walton
                            2/5 vs. Pensacola
                            2/9 @ Tallahassee
                            2/16 vs. Osaloosa-Walton
                            2/19 @ Pensacola
                            2/23 vs. Gulf Coast
                            2/5-8 @ FCCAA State Tourney
                            2/18-22 @ National Tourney

Chipola lost its first game to Osaloosa-Walton on 2/2, 68-57, which put them at 24-1.

Does anyone know how last night's games came out for Murry, Kyles, and Hannah? (We had a report already about Garrett's game).

Comment

• Kyles scored 23 and Murry 14 as both teams won

Comment

• Update on Clevin Hannah, They lost last Saturday.

Okaloosa-Walton 68, Chipola 59 - Waller (OWC) 17 pts; Ramsey (OWC) 11 pts, 8 reb; Watson (OWC) 10 pts, 6 reb; Hunter (OWC) 11 pts, 10 reb; Mitchell (Chip) 13 pts, 5 reb; Little (Chip) 11 pts, 6 reb; Flowers/Hannah (Chip) 10 pts each

Chipola 73, Pensacola 70 - Chipola rallies from 10-point deficit in final 5:00; Hannah (Chip) 14 pts; Mitchell (Chip) 12 pts; Little (Chip) 11 pts; Flowers (Chip) 10 pts; Parghalava (PJC) 25 pts; Burgos (PJC) 16 pts

Comment

Working...
                                X