No announcement yet.

Perry Ellis- Decision to KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I'm still happy. I think Derail will be a good one. Looks to me like we completed our 2012 class with all first tier recruits. Great job by the staff!
    In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
      Well, I'm still happy. I think Derail will be a good one. Looks to me like we completed our 2012 class with all first tier recruits. Great job by the staff!
      Yep, and I think we were really in the running for PE, and even though we didn't get him, that's something that hasn't happened in awhile around here. Being a legit contender for top rate local talent.

Way to go HCGM and staff. Perry will be great wherever he goes and we wish him the best, and WELCOME MR. GREEN!

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
        I think having Derail commit tonight pretty much tells us that Perry has contacted WSU staff with not good news.
        If this is in fact correct, that he contacted the WSU staff, then we have to assume he also contacted the other schools. So by process of elimination, all we have to do to figure out who he will commit to tomorrow is to see if there are any other last minute commitments for 2 of the other 3 schools.

Unless, of course, these schools never had anyone else to fall back on, which I don't think would be the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockar25
          Perry will be great wherever he goes and we wish him the best, and WELCOME MR. GREEN!
          Not me. I wish him SECOND best if he's not playin' fo' da Shox! :D
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Just taking a quick inventory and now that Derail Green has committed to the Shocks, doesn't that mean that we are out of scholarships before a potential Perry commit?
            “Confrontation simply means meeting the truth head-on.”

Mike Krzyzewski

Comment

• Originally posted by hoopsnut
              Just taking a quick inventory and now that Derail Green has committed to the Shocks, doesn't that mean that we are out of scholarships before a potential Perry commit?
              That the way I see it. Of course it's possible to over commit. But I don't think we would do it. I don't think we ever have under Marshall. I also think the coaching staff probably already knows Perry decision.
              In the fast lane

Comment

• Very possibly one over now.

Comment

• I'd just like to add that I have nothing to add at this time.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Now that it seems we are out of the running, I just hope he doesn't pick Kentucky.

Either way, good luck to Perry no matter who he chooses. The kid has definately earned my respect with how he has handled the whole process.
                    "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Congrats to KU and all of their great fans for eeking out a recruit against lowly Wichita State!
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Oh and no matter what happens tomorrow....I LOVE OUR RECRUITING CLASS. We have got some players and the staff continues to impress me!!!
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by hoopsnut
                          Just taking a quick inventory and now that Derail Green has committed to the Shocks, doesn't that mean that we are out of scholarships before a potential Perry commit?
                          Probably, but if Ellis chooses us, there will be room for him next year.

We've probably had on average 2 scholarship players leave early each year, either on their own volition or on the suggestion of the coaching staff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maggie
                            Won’t what, exactly? Based on what you wrote you think I have an inflated ego. Maybe so.

Here is what I know - you have very thin skin. And you don’t know me. So relax. My reading comprehension on this site has been suspect to put it mildly, generously, charitably – but you don’t think I read?

I would prefer Ellis at WSU – but I understand why he would choose an alternative school. And my gut tells me he will - I don't know what I would do in his situation but I get it....
                            I have thin skin...? So I should let you throw punches and not defend myself? You started the arguement and want to end it. Anyone knows I like a good arguement just not sure why you decided to pick a fight for no reason.

A KU buddy of mine asked me who all recruited Perry, I told him the ones I could think of but thought I'd check and see who I was missing. So tell me exactly how your grasping for straws comment had anything to do with what I was asking?

I do feel good though that you got your crusty butt out of the Politics forum for awhile. Now give your little doggy, Maggie, a pat on the head and have a good night's sleep knowing I forgive your rude comments. ;-)

Comment

• If somehow he chose us still, I'd bet that one of the in state kids would make the sacrifice for a year.

However, I believe KU just landed a hell of a recruit.
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• If Kentucky picks up Ellis today, they'll have a huuuuuge day. They just got Archie Goodwin, the #6 player on cbs sport's 2012 list.
                                ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X