Perry Ellis- Decision to KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by martymoose
    Besides the final 4 schools, who else had offers to Ellis? OU, Duke and Memphis, but I can't remember if there were others.
    Some in the mix at one time were North Carolina, Oklahoma State, Texas A&M, Arizona and Indiana. I believe it was Providence (could of been another east coast school) who made a late push after Perry cut his list.
    In the fast lane

Comment

• The people over at phog have already concluded the announcement tomorrow is merely a technicality. I'm sure hoping for a meltdown. :whistle:

Comment

Originally posted by Maggie
        Originally posted by martymoose
        Besides the final 4 schools, who else had offers to Ellis? OU, Duke and Memphis, but I can't remember if there were others.
        What is your point? Straws, you like straws, - grasping, lunging, ect. This kid is not playing that game. Yes Duke and Memphis offered. The choice is four schools not six (I would
        have eliminated KSU or UK for Duke but that is just me).
        Geee maggie, sorry I asked a question. From now on I'll run them all by you just to make sure it's ok to post. A friend asked and I was making an attempt to find out. Now thanks for joining the party late, but you don't need to automatically assume it's all about you.
        I am not trying to be an a@@. But I was, I suppose. You can dispense with the "party" references and references about me.

Regards - Maggie

Comment

• Originally posted by Maggie
          What is your point? Straws, you like straws, - grasping, lunging, ect. This kid is not playing that game. Yes Duke and Memphis offered. The choice is four schools not six (I would
          Geee maggie, sorry I asked a question. From now on I'll run them all by you just to make sure it's ok to post. A friend asked and I was making an attempt to find out. Now thanks for joining the party late, but you don't need to automatically assume it's all about you.
          I am not trying to be an a@@. But I was, I suppose. You can dispense with the "party" references and references about me.

Regards - Maggie
          No, I won't. You think you can chime in with exactly what 100 people before you have said and think you're original? Honestly everyone's probably going to skip right over what you have to say considering it seems you didn't even bother to read the thread before posting hence the "you're late to the party". You post, then sit and refresh the page waiting for someone to reply to your asinine comments automatically assuming they are talking about your post....I really couldn't have cared less about your post. Did I quote you when I asked my question? Now go back to the Politics forum where you spend 99% of your time and leave the Shocker fans alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by vbird53
            It's kind of fun to watch the chickenhawks squirm over this recruitment.

Shox have no pressure on this one. Sign him, and it's all gravy!!! Don't sign him, and we went toe to toe with some big time programs, and came out looking great.
            BUT I WANT TO WIN!!!!
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
              Eric Bosi says, "...Wichita State is in a no-lose situation here. If they get him, Marshall and the Shockers staff are recruiting gods and Perry is a hometown legend. If they don't get him, well then did anybody really expect him to choose them?"

KU's recruiting has been hurting a bit lately and they are having qualification difficulty with their last recruiting class. Bossi adds that if KU doesn't get him he expects a pretty epic meltdown by KU fans.
              Gut feeling. Do not expect to be dancing on Wed - I doubt Ellis is coming to WSU (and in many ways I don't blame him - you people in Wichita like to pat yourself on the back for your fandom and you should - but don't strain anything, sometimes you are too close to home for people) I am sure it will be, or is, a close decision - I would have never bothered to write this a few months ago. As others have pointed out P.E.'s choice is fine, Ellis and his family will make the choice that they believe is best for Perry Eillis - what that is I don't know but I doubt it will be in Wichita. Too close to home.

All the same - all the best. To you and your family P.E.
              Spoken like a true New Yorker, KU fan, or ugly combination of both. If he picks somewhere else, I doubt it will be because of a perceived overly self-congratulatory and stifling WSU fan base.

Comment

Regards - Maggie
                No, I won't. You think you can chime in with exactly what 100 people before you have said and think you're original? Honestly everyone's probably going to skip right over what you have to say considering it seems you didn't even bother to read the thread before posting hence the "you're late to the party". You post, then sit and refresh the page waiting for someone to reply to your asinine comments automatically assuming they are talking about your post....I really couldn't have cared less about your post. Did I quote you when I asked my question? Now go back to the Politics forum where you spend 99% of your time and leave the Shocker fans alone.

Won’t what, exactly? Based on what you wrote you think I have an inflated ego. Maybe so.

Here is what I know - you have very thin skin. And you don’t know me. So relax. My reading comprehension on this site has been suspect to put it mildly, generously, charitably – but you don’t think I read?

I would prefer Ellis at WSU – but I understand why he would choose an alternative school. And my gut tells me he will - I don't know what I would do in his situation but I get it....

Comment

• Originally posted by tw805
                  Eric Bosi says, "...Wichita State is in a no-lose situation here. If they get him, Marshall and the Shockers staff are recruiting gods and Perry is a hometown legend. If they don't get him, well then did anybody really expect him to choose them?"

KU's recruiting has been hurting a bit lately and they are having qualification difficulty with their last recruiting class. Bossi adds that if KU doesn't get him he expects a pretty epic meltdown by KU fans.
                  Gut feeling. Do not expect to be dancing on Wed - I doubt Ellis is coming to WSU (and in many ways I don't blame him - you people in Wichita like to pat yourself on the back for your fandom and you should - but don't strain anything, sometimes you are too close to home for people) I am sure it will be, or is, a close decision - I would have never bothered to write this a few months ago. As others have pointed out P.E.'s choice is fine, Ellis and his family will make the choice that they believe is best for Perry Eillis - what that is I don't know but I doubt it will be in Wichita. Too close to home.

Spoken like a true New Yorker, KU fan, or ugly combination of both. If he picks somewhere else, I doubt it will be because of a perceived overly self-congratulatory and stifling WSU fan base.
                  New Yorker - maybe. KU fan ---you insult me and my father and grandfather. And you have shown less reading comprehension than I have, and that is saying a lot. If he picks KU or KSU or UK - being a hometown product - a nationally recognized one, is a factor. And if he comes to WSU and he doesn't live up to expectations how will he be treated, by and large? I don't have an answer to that question - and Ellis doesn't either. WSU fans work in mostly positive ways but in some ways, to a 17 yr old, negative ways. Thats all.

Comment

Originally posted by tw805

New Yorker - maybe. KU fan ---you insult me and my father and grandfather. And you have shown less reading comprehension than I have, and that is saying a lot. If he picks KU or KSU or UK - being a hometown product - a nationally recognized one, is a factor. And if he comes to WSU and he doesn't live up to expectations how will he be treated, by and large? I don't have an answer to that question - and Ellis doesn't either. WSU fans work in mostly positive ways but in some ways, to a 17 yr old, negative ways. Thats all.
                    See Greg Dreiling......
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Perry will indeed select KU, book it.

Comment

• Back off Maggie.

You guys are being silly.

Comment

• While WSU is certainly the "hometown," it seem some are overestimating the difficulty Perry's family would undertake to see him in Lawrence. It's a quick 2.5 hour drive, and it's not like there's nothing else for the family to do when they are there.

Add to it, they would also fairly easily see him in Norman, Stillwater, and Manhattan.

Still not the same net benefit as just down the street WSU, but I am certain it has been considered.
                          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl

Add to it, they would also fairly easily see him in Norman, Stillwater, and Manhattan.
                            Maybe. But Big East teams are a long ways away.

Comment

• KU's recruiting has been a bit down for them here lately. That's why Ellis is a priority for them. I'd be surprised if he didn't sign with KU.

Comment

• Bah humbug!
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X