Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by martymoose
    Originally posted by shocktheheart
    Looks like it may be official. We are out of the mix.

http://www.kansas.com/2011/08/08/196...four-duke.html
    The KSU choice still baffles me. This is a 2 pony race.
    I wouldn't rule out any between Kansas, Kentucky and Duke. Calipari is bound to do something illegal to keep him interested. He has everywhere else he's been before.

Comment

• If Perry won't take money, Cal will take hostages!

On a serious note, too bad for WSU, but good luck to Perry! I will watch him and root for him where ever he ends up! Ugh!!!! I really don't like KU, KSU, Duke, or Kentucky (in fact those are 4 of my 5 most hated teams in college basketball).
      Livin the dream

Comment

KSU is still in it because we now have again a legit men's basketball program. The fact we had Beasley and Walker when Huggins was here, we went to the Elite 8 in 2010, we upset KU and Texas on Big Monday last season (and we won some nice games on ESPN), and we played Duke, Gonzaga, Va. Tech last year and we play Huggie Bear this fall, and we have the "Frank Martin" factor which the national media loves going after, THAT is the reason we're in the Top 4. I do see Duke and Kansas as likely possibilities but it's good to know KSU is in the final running. And as for one-and-done, remember Beasley and where that got him -- the No. 2 pick in the NBA draft. Why does this baffle you?

Comment

• Originally posted by BCSCat
          Originally posted by martymoose

KSU is still in it because we now have again a legit men's basketball program. The fact we had Beasley and Walker when Huggins was here, we went to the Elite 8 in 2010, we upset KU and Texas on Big Monday last season (and we won some nice games on ESPN), and we played Duke, Gonzaga, Va. Tech last year and we play Huggie Bear this fall, and we have the "Frank Martin" factor which the national media loves going after, THAT is the reason we're in the Top 4. I do see Duke and Kansas as likely possibilities but it's good to know KSU is in the final running. And as for one-and-done, remember Beasley and where that got him -- the No. 2 pick in the NBA draft. Why does this baffle you?

Duke lmao, wouldn't see any playing time.
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

You are correct. Wally judge made huge improvements during his time at KSU due to the program.
            Livin the dream

Comment

• KU can and will compete with anyone in the cash department.

Comment

• I can see Duke and KU, but KSU?! Seriously?! I would lose respect for Perry if he chooses KSU.
                "If you're going to do it, you're going to do it right," athletic director Jim Schaus said. "If we're going to put 'Wichita State' across our chest, then every team is going to matter."

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers
                  KU can and will compete with anyone in the cash department.
                  +1

They're just more careful about it than the ones that get caught.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• how about bcscat goes back to his site to troll?

Comment

You're right, KSU is a national power. We may never know why Beasley chose KSU and I'd assume that if we ever find out the answer to that question, KSU will be on the wrong end of years of probation. There's a reason Frank Martin was banned from High School basketball in Florida and why Miami didn't make that offer he was begging for.

Comment

• Hold the press! According to reports on Tweeter the list is not yet officially cut. That will occur by the weekend.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

• Lets dont be bitter wherever he goes.

Comment

Originally posted by BCSCat

You're right, KSU is a national power. We may never know why Beasley chose KSU and I'd assume that if we ever find out the answer to that question, KSU will be on the wrong end of years of probation. There's a reason Frank Martin was banned from High School basketball in Florida and why Miami didn't make that offer he was begging for.
                            You are so, so clueless. Frank Martin was never banned in Florida. He never "begged" for an offer from Miami. Beasley came to K-State because of his relationship with Delonte Hill.
                            Kansas State has never been on probation in men's basketball - something uk2 and the WheatShockers are very familar with. Check your own glass house before you start tossing stones.

Comment

Originally posted by BCSCat

You are so, so clueless. Frank Martin was never banned in Florida. He never "begged" for an offer from Miami. Beasley came to K-State because of his relationship with Delonte Hill.
                              Kansas State has never been on probation in men's basketball - something uk2 and the WheatShockers are very familar with. Check your own glass house before you start tossing stones.
                              Possibly the reasons KState has not been on probation is three-fold: (1) they have never been CAUGHT, (2) they have never pissed off a petty coach from another team; and (3) they have never been relevant enough to bother with. Now go away -- or better yet go onto KU's board and bother them.

Comment

• Now to the topic at hand. I'm disappointed Perry didn't keep us in the mix and of all things to put KState in there.

Here's my message to Mr. Ellis -- forget KState and Kentucky and this has everything to do with the coaches. Of the four, KU and Duke would be my choices. I know Perry could care less what anyone but his family thinks about his choices, but from all I have read he is a smart kid. But if he chooses KState or Kentucky, I think Iwould have to disagree with just how smart he is. If he is wanting to get far, far from home, Duke would be the choise; if he prefers to stay closer, then KU.

Whatever school he picks, I wish him all the luck in the world. He is a local kid and I would want him to be successful and have a bright future. (I only hope I am not forced to watch Kentucky just to be able to watch him play.)

Comment

Working...
                                X