Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22
    Originally posted by tropicalshox
    Another Shocker recruit for Kansas Players this weekend is Earl Peterson. Sunrise's Lawrence Fejokwa and Franklin Ozonwanne are also on the team.
    Do the other 2 Sunrise kids project well? I haven't heard thier names before.
    I don't really know. They have gotten mentioned on the recruiting board. Do a search. Fejokwa is 6-8 and from Ghana. I think Ozonwanne is from Nigeria but not for sure. He's 6-6.
    In the fast lane

Comment

• Perry is talking to his parents about cutting the list to 3 or 4.

Stay up to date with all the college basketball recruiting news and more at 247Sports.com
      In the fast lane

Comment

• I'm going to predict 4. Wichita State, Kansas, Duke and Kentucky.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I'm going to predict 4. Wichita State, Kansas, Duke and Kentucky.
          I'll go along with that. If it's three, make it KU, Kentucky and WSU.
          In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
            Originally posted by SubGod22
            I concur. If there's a fourth it may be to give Duke and Capel more of a look. Or at least time to make a pitch.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
              I concur. If there's a fourth it may be to give Duke and Capel more of a look. Or at least time to make a pitch.
              I actually think he would pick Duke before Kentucky. For an education, Duke would be the best choice of the 4.

Comment

• Even though Ellis has had a great poker face, he has certainly given Kentucky a fair look, and why not? They have done a great job of competing for national championships and getting players into the first round of the NBA draft. On the other hand, Perry is a VERY intelligent kid and UK could end up with sanctions before he graduates HS. Duke is an obvious fit for Perry with him being smart, their style of play Capel and Coach K, etc. I was suprised they weren't on his early list, and they actually make me nervous as a late entry.

Without any really strong connections with coaches at KSU, Memphis, and OU (and maybe he does have a great relationship with those staffs, I don't know), then I just don't see them competing favorably against Duke, KU, and UK.

What about WSU? Well, we're local and poised to win! This is going to be a tough close for HCGM if we even make the next cut.
                Livin the dream

Comment

• I think his top four will be UK, KU, Duke, and KSU. Nothing against our program, I just don't think we have a legitimate shot at landing him. Like all other Shocker fans I hope I am wrong though.
                  Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker
                    I think his top four will be UK, KU, Duke, and KSU. Nothing against our program, I just don't think we have a legitimate shot at landing him. Like all other Shocker fans I hope I am wrong though.
                    I really haven't seen too much about him and K-State. Maybe I haven't been paying close enough attention.

Comment

• I've seen very little mention about him and KSU as well (although it might just be that I wasn't paying attention). OU would be the obvious no go with the state of that program and change in coaching staff. I know his sister goes to Memphis, so maybe I'm not giving them enough credit.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Ta Town Shocker
                        I think his top four will be UK, KU, Duke, and KSU. Nothing against our program, I just don't think we have a legitimate shot at landing him. Like all other Shocker fans I hope I am wrong though.
                        I've always felt like, if anything we will be in his final 3 or 4. Whether that is because we have a real shot (which I feel like we do), or just because were the home town. I don't see him eliminating us until his final choice is made, in which case hopefully we aren't ever elminated!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker
                          For an education, Duke would be the best choice of the 4.
                          I'm thinking quality of education is not much of a factor. Elite players go to college for one thing - their NBA degree.

--'85.
                          Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• With Perry and his family, quality of education is a big factor.

Comment

Another Shocker recruit for Kansas Players this weekend is Earl Peterson. Sunrise's Lawrence Fejokwa and Franklin Ozonwanne are also on the team.
                              Do the other 2 Sunrise kids project well? I haven't heard thier names before.
                              What I've heard about Fejokwa is he is raw on offense but is active on defense and can rebound. Probably a project at this point and will need to add weight but has a lot of potential.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

• Most recent interview. Nothing really new regarding recruiting. Interesting that Perry says he most probably will play the 3. Just what we need him for in his freshman year!

In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X