X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Perry Ellis

Originally posted by tropicalshox
    http://www.kansas.com/sports/lutz/story/172778.html

I've made inquiry about Perry a couple of times on SN. Apparently none of us saw him play last year. Leading your team to a 14-0 record as a 7th grader is very impressive. I started a thread on him this time because I'm sure we will be talking about him in the future.

Been watching him for 5 years. Everything written is true. Amazingly fast! Probably be watching him at Heights next year. He can play the entire floor.

Comment

I wouldn't get too excited until he is about a Junior in High School anyway.
      I am sure being 6'6" in the 7th grade has lots of advantages now, that he might not have in High School ball.

Comment

I've always been a fan of his dress shirts.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Ellis was in Lawrence for Late Nite last weekend, fwiw.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

He currently is playing in the Hoop Mountain Fall HS League and "lighting" it up. Kid can play. He's in 8th grade.

Comment

This site has him rated #2 nationally in the class of 2012. They say he was awesome at their Midwest Elite Junior Camp. I believe his sister is currently on a volleyball scholarship at Memphis. Somehow we got to get him excited about the Shockers.

IctJay- can you tell us who his competition was during the Fall league? Junior Hi or High School players?
              In the fast lane

Comment

HS his sister is playing basketball at Memphis State. Not a very good team. Getting 9-14 minutes a game.

Comment

Bump

Did anyone watch tonight's "Catch a Rising Star" feature on KWCH? They interviewed Ellis and his mother and also his middle school head coach.
                  They showed several highlights of the 6'-6" 8th grader. His mother listed several of the high major programs that have been in contact with the fashion designer. At this point we can only dream, but WOW!
                  Hopefully, KWCH will post the video on their website in the next couple of days.
                  :good:
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Ictjay
                    HS his sister is playing basketball at Memphis State. Not a very good team. Getting 9-14 minutes a game.
                    I remember back in the day when Memphis was known as Memphis State. Let's change Wichita State to Univeristy of Wichita I like it better.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
                      Bump

Did anyone watch tonight's "Catch a Rising Star" feature on KWCH? They interviewed Ellis and his mother and also his middle school head coach.
                      They showed several highlights of the 6'-6" 8th grader. His mother listed several of the high major programs that have been in contact with the fashion designer. At this point we can only dream, but WOW!
                      Hopefully, KWCH will post the video on their website in the next couple of days.
                      :good:
                      I saw it. The kid sure looks impressive next to his teammates. Appears to be comfortable with the ball in his hands and putting it on the floor. He certainly has the tools to develop into a top-20 recruit.

Comment

I saw it too. Its pretty amazing to see an athletic 6'6" 8th grader. I wish they would have shown him knocking down some 15 to 18 foot jumpers rather than dunking over a bunch of 5'8" team mates.

Comment

OK guys, I got some intel on this kid.

i played a pickup game today at my church and one of my teammates is his trainer/was his trainer at YMCA.

says he's 6'8".
                          33" vertical.
                          played one on one with jordan cyphers and lost 10-11.
                          apparently jordan settled for 3's the whole time because anytime he would drive or post up perry would just block him.
                          i guess he's getting letters from everyone as expected.
                          KU, KSU, mizzou, duke, were named. and also nebraska.
                          apparently when he received a letter from nebraska he just laughed and shredded it up immediately!
                          during summer on an AAU team or MAYB team he played with high schoolers and averaged 25ppg.
                          his personal basketball trainer trains him to play every position.

now, to the good part.
                          His parents are hoping he will go to WSU. he knows he wants to just go to school for one year then leave for the NBA.
                          his parents think it would be cool for him to go to WSU for a year and help them out and get them on the map.
                          go parents!
                          he's obviously still unsure, he wants to go to a program where he might be able to win a championship during his one year.
                          soo i'm hoping we progress over the years and maybe hopefully give him the thought that with him playing with us, we could win one in 2012-2013.

also, next year he will play at hieghts, and some other kid will be a freshman there too. this other kid is supposed to be top 10 nationally for 2012 also. he's 6'6".
                          perry's parents think it would be cool for them to both go to WSU.

i think so too.
                          veni, vidi, vici

Comment

wow thanks, that freaking awesome info notquiteBWing.
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

As KSU has shown, having two freshmen like that can get you all the way to the round of 32.

But it would be cool to get a player like that. Great publicity plus it could open some recruiting doors that couldn't be opened before.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                                As KSU has shown, having two freshmen like that can get you all the way to the round of 32.

But it would be cool to get a player like that. Great publicity plus it could open some recruiting doors that couldn't be opened before.

yea thats the first thing i thought of too.

BUT we have Gregg Marshall.
                                they have frank martin...

hopefully by then we will have progressed enough to surround Perry with solid 4 year players.
                                veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Working...
                                X