Perry Ellis- Decision to KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
    Expect a foul odor in Wichita tonight. The all-time 4th scummeist college basketball coach will be in town.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/5...etball#page/14
    Marty Gross was out recruiting and wasn't on the bench tonight.

Anyone see him at the Heights game?
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle
      Originally posted by tropicalshox
      Expect a foul odor in Wichita tonight. The all-time 4th scummeist college basketball coach will be in town.

I was wondering where he was last night. Isn't it odd to not be in attendance at your own game while out recruiting?

Comment

• Originally posted by vbird53
        Originally posted by wu_shizzle

I was wondering where he was last night. Isn't it odd to not be in attendance at your own game while out recruiting?
        I recall several times during the Turgeon era that an assistant might miss a game due to recruiting.

If you think you have a shot at Ellis and Calipari and Capel are going to be there, you better have a presence.

Comment

• Originally posted by vbird53
          Originally posted by wu_shizzle

During the Turgeon years this happened a lot with key assistants missing home and away games. I believe it’s been rare during the Marshall era; however when you’re trying to land THE BIG PRIZE, it’s wise to be committed.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• I think I remember Grant being gone a time or two. We don't normally play a lot of Tue/Fri games so it's not a huge issue. I wouldn't be shocked if an assistant would be missing when we show up in Normal Friday night.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• In Coach Grant's absence, I noticed Coach Devon Smith was very active on the bench last night.

I don't know much about him (hey Paul S how about an Eagle write-up?) but just the way he carries himself says confidence and intensity.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

• Coach Smith is a pretty cool cat. I thought he was even trying to look like Marty last night....which was odd in itself.

Good guy.

Comment

• I too like Coach Devon. He was learning from Coach Marshall a long time before he took the WSU job.

Comment

• It would be fantastic if this kid chose Wichita State. I have a gut feeling that we're seriously in the picture and I hope I'm right! Go Shocks!

Comment

• From Bosi's article on Kansas players:

"makes the game look easy againt high schools competition."
                      In the fast lane

Comment

• "I have not lost interest in any six teams on my list."

In the fast lane

Comment

• Good for Perry and good for WSU! I imagine his list will cut in half sometime between now and next school year. Hopefully WSU makes the list.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• Someone in his camp, either his mom or himself, told an Oklahoma newspaper that OU was off his list until they get a new coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock
                              Someone in his camp, either his mom or himself, told an Oklahoma newspaper that OU was off his list until they get a new coach.
                              Also good for Perry. He likes Oklahoma, but won't consider going to school there until he sees how the new coaching staff shakes out? Intelligent young man.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• I would assume Mr. Ellis will publicly keep WSU on his list right up until decision time -- whether he is truly considering us or not. It's just good public relations.

Comment

Working...
                                X