Perry Ellis- Decision to KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm gonna go with us being the favorite :D

Everyone assumes KU is because Perry is a Kansas kid.

Memphis has a real shot since his sister is there and the new coach is good at what he does.

Can Coach Cal be counted out? Ever? Most UK fans I've seen don't think they'll get Perry.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Probably nobody outside of the family knows who Perry's favorite is, if he has one. "Several reports have Ellis leaning to various teams. Fonda Ellis says none of the reports have been correct."

Stay up to date with all the Iowa Hawkeyes sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com
      In the fast lane

Comment

• Pay attention PE...the Carl Hall (4th best JUCO prospect in the country) signing is very significant. He signed at WSU because, as the 4th best JUCO player in the country, he wants to play out his college career at a school that is going places (deep into the NCAA tourny).

This years' team is expected to win both Valley's, conceivably win 28 games & win a game or two in the dance. Over the summer Hall will join 3 other newbies, along with the 9 returnees and play pickup games, of which Ellis can partake in on an official visit.

2011-12 could very easily be a repeat of 10-11 and maybe better. With that in mind, Ellis joins 4 other "studs" in 12-13 to keep the resurection going in Shocker Nation. This is how the Gonzaga/Butler theme happens in Wichita, Kansas.

I know it is still an uphill journy to land Ellis, but a journy worth the effort and belief that we have earned it.

Comment

• If Ellis doesn't want to play with a post player like Orukpe should be by the time any new recruits are in the program...

...there will be similar players who will want that.

Having a post player that demands an opponent must prevent an entry pass to the low block and who has the D to cover up for some defensive lapses is a pretty ideal situation for a PF looking to impress NBA scouts.

The opportunity to demonstrate skills playing with an athletic 7' post player is probably the best NBA tryout a PF could get. Orukpe isn't going to dominate on the offensive end to the point where a PF doesn't have an opportunity for great offensive stats.

I don't know of many teams that can offer Ellis a better shot at what he wants than WSU. If Ellis doesn't want that shot, I'm confident someone will.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I was told that CGM has been in regular contact with Ellis and was doing a good job recruiting him to WSU (which I was happy to hear – some of WSU’s prior coaches might not have even tried); however, my friend was not optimistic about his chances of success. He thinks Ellis seems more interested at this point in a “big stage” and he thinks WSU has “no shot”. But who really knows besides Ellis and his family.

Personally, I think a lot can change between now and when Ellis ultimately will make a decision. Even at WSU, Ellis will get good exposure. Heck, I suspect there will be NBA scouts in Wichita to watch Stutz and EO the next few years. Also, as a freshman he will probably get more floor time at WSU than at a topnotch BSC school. We will see.

Comment

• Ellis projects as a 4? What about Thurman, Frankcamp and the others? What position will they all play at D-1?

Comment

• I am not at all convinced Frankhamp is a D1 athlete.

Comment

• I haven't seen him play but those I've talked to think he's legit. Time will tell and we know the staff will be watching. I'd love to see him and the other CL guys play at some point this year.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu
                    I am not at all convinced Frankhamp is a D1 athlete.
                    thats b/c he isnt...

Comment

• Originally posted by Maggie
                      I was told that CGM has been in regular contact with Ellis and was doing a good job recruiting him to WSU (which I was happy to hear – some of WSU’s prior coaches might not have even tried); however, my friend was not optimistic about his chances of success. He thinks Ellis seems more interested at this point in a “big stage” and he thinks WSU has “no shot”. But who really knows besides Ellis and his family.

Personally, I think a lot can change between now and when Ellis ultimately will make a decision. Even at WSU, Ellis will get good exposure. Heck, I suspect there will be NBA scouts in Wichita to watch Stutz and EO the next few years. Also, as a freshman he will probably get more floor time at WSU than at a topnotch BSC school. We will see.
                      Dont forget TM! I think he is a NBA prospect. 8) :posterwu:
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11
                        Originally posted by Maggie
                        I was told that CGM has been in regular contact with Ellis and was doing a good job recruiting him to WSU (which I was happy to hear – some of WSU’s prior coaches might not have even tried); however, my friend was not optimistic about his chances of success. He thinks Ellis seems more interested at this point in a “big stage” and he thinks WSU has “no shot”. But who really knows besides Ellis and his family.

Dont forget TM! I think he is a NBA prospect. 8) :posterwu:
                        Maybe he's a prospect, but I would say a bit of a long shot. He can play point a little, but doesn't have the quickness that exudes from NBA points. He can shoot a little, but not by NBA standards. He plays good D and rebounds well, but he has some things to work on this year and next to be at THAT level. I give Toure only a slight nod over Blair and Durley for the NBA. 6-4 tweeners are a dime a dozen in professional basketball. Offensively skilled 7 footers, and 7 foot run and jump athletes on the other hand, well if you're an NBA scout and you don't give these guys a full evaluation, then you just aren't doing your job.

One game into his junior campaign has Kyles as an NBA prospect. 6-4 athletes that shoot the three have very good NBA careers.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Yeah, not many people would agree Conner isn't a D1 talent. Just ask Bill Self. In fact, if we somehow pulled PE and Frankamp to go along with Wessel, I would probably be one of the happiest people ever.

Comment

• Frankamp goes off for 29 against Heights Saturday night.

He may not be the next first team All American, but some experts not on this board think he's pretty good.

If he continues to play well, I would be happy to get Frankamp as well as Thurman and Jackson from the junior class.

Comment

• As of today, we have a LOT better chance at Ellis than we do at Frankamp.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu
                                As of today, we have a LOT better chance at Ellis than we do at Frankamp.
                                Is your opinion based on earlier comments you made regarding what I viewed as a stronger Frankamp/KU lovefest than to Frankamp/WSU history?

Comment

Working...
                                X