No announcement yet.

Perry Ellis- Decision to KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add to the fact that Perry has seen many a Shocker game. I am sure Coach has taken every opportunity over the years (that he was allowed).

:goshocks:
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• If I remember correctly...Coach Ford also watched him in 8th grade so we've been wathcing him for a long time

Comment

• Originally posted by vtshocker
        If I remember correctly...Coach Ford also watched him in 8th grade so we've been wathcing him for a long time
        I think he diid more than watch him. Gave him lessons I believe.
        In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by 60Shock
          Originally posted by tropicalshox
          TheRecruitScoopAlex Kline

Perry Ellis watched by Krzyzewski 5 times, Bill Self 8 times, Calipari 7 times, Pastner & Frank Martin 6 times & Greg Marshall 4 times.
          What can we gather from this, anything?

I, for one, would have expected that the home town coach would have watched him at least more than all the other coaches combined, unless:

1. He felt that he had the player already wrapped up, or

2. He knew he really didn't have a chance of landing him.
          3. He had other players he needed to take a look at.

Comment

• Originally posted by sekshoxfan
            Originally posted by 60Shock

Perry Ellis watched by Krzyzewski 5 times, Bill Self 8 times, Calipari 7 times, Pastner & Frank Martin 6 times & Greg Marshall 4 times.

I, for one, would have expected that the home town coach would have watched him at least more than all the other coaches combined, unless:

4. He doesn't need any a bunch of evaluation to know that he is the player that he wants (especially having seen him play for a long time), whereas Duke and Kentucky may still be more on the fence about how he stacks up to other top high school guys they are also recruiting.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
              Originally posted by sekshoxfan

4. He doesn't need any a bunch of evaluation to know that he is the player that he wants (especially having seen him play for a long time), whereas Duke and Kentucky may still be more on the fence about how he stacks up to other top high school guys they are also recruiting.
              +1 :good:
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• I don't think it is a question of just needing to see him. Rather it is more of a question of the interest and the relationship that the head coach primarily, and assistants, secondarily, establish with the recruit. And this is any recruit, not just a blue chipper.

I forget who the player was, but just a few years ago one of our guys stated words to the effect that the reason he chose WSU over other schools was because of the interest that the head coach and his staff took in him. No question in my mind that GM and his staff understand this.

I'm certainly not blaming our coach for anything. I'm sure he has his reasons and I certainly am not privy to any of them. I'm just commenting on an observation that was presented.

Comment

I don't think it is a question of just needing to see him. Rather it is more of a question of the interest and the relationship that the head coach primarily, and assistants, secondarily, establish with the recruit. And this is any recruit, not just a blue chipper.

I forget who the player was, but just a few years ago one of our guys stated words to the effect that the reason he chose WSU over other schools was because of the interest that the head coach and his staff took in him. No question in my mind that GM and his staff understand this.

I'm certainly not blaming our coach for anything. I'm sure he has his reasons and I certainly am not privy to any of them. I'm just commenting on an observation that was presented.
                  I would say that showing interest goes well, well beyond how many games a coach watches a kid at one tourney (and watching him 4 times is not like he ignored him by any stretch of the imagination).

We may not get Perry, but I have no doubt that if we don't it will not be because we didn't express enough interest in him.
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I don't think it is a question of just needing to see him. Rather it is more of a question of the interest and the relationship that the head coach primarily, and assistants, secondarily, establish with the recruit. And this is any recruit, not just a blue chipper.

I think every player is different and a good recruiter will recognize what that player responds to. A good recruiter can also spin. such as Marshall telling Ellis, "Sorry I couldn't watch as many of your games as Bill Self, John Calipari or Coach K, but I want to make sure we get some quality kids on the floor with you so you can better exploit the defense."

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock

I think every player is different and a good recruiter will recognize what that player responds to. A good recruiter can also spin. such as Marshall telling Ellis, "Sorry I couldn't watch as many of your games as Bill Self, John Calipari or Coach K, but I want to make sure we get some quality kids on the floor with you so you can better exploit the defense."
                      +1

If Perry doesn't already know how much Marshall, WSU, and its fans want him in a Shocker uniform, HCGM going to watch him at more games than Self, The Cheater, and Coach K certainly won't do it.

Comment

• “I might narrow it again and go from there,” Ellis said last week in Indianapolis. “I know it’s coming down to the end for me. It’s about to be the start of my senior year, and I need to start thinking about college decision)."
                        Expect a list of three.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                          “I might narrow it again and go from there,” Ellis said last week in Indianapolis. “I know it’s coming down to the end for me. It’s about to be the start of my senior year, and I need to start thinking about college decision)."
                          Expect a list of three.
                          Duke, KU, WSU

Get the cheater out of there.

Comment

• Dukes a cheater too
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                            Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• KU, Duke, Kentucky in that order.
                              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• One thing hasn't been constant in Perry's recruitment is cutting the list versus taking all five visits. He's gone back and forth on this.
                                In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X