• Originally posted by wushock
    Is this your feeling or do you have a reliable source
    Shocker22 answer please.....

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock
      Originally posted by wushock
      Is this your feeling or do you have a reliable source
      Shocker22 answer please.....
      Just my feeling. If you look at his situation and what is most likely to happen it boils down to KU. Now I am not Perry Ellis and don't know what he is thinking but the over whelming odds are that he goes to KU.

Comment

• Thanks 22. IMHO people who are going off of their "feelings" should put IMHO or IMO before their non fact / source based statements. Otherwise, IMHO, it is read as fact or somehow tied to a source.

IMHO, we should take the young man at his word. According to PE, there are 6 teams still in the running and he doesnt have a favorite. I'm glad that WSU is one of them.

It would not suprise me at all if he chose WSU or the beakers. It would suprise me if he chose one of the others. That is strictly a feeling.

I remember the Mo Evans decision day with the 3 jersey's hung behind him. Everyone assumed he was going to be a beaker and he chose the Shocker jersey. Hopefully Roy had his depends on. Bill should have his on when Perry's decision comes down.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock
          Thanks 22. IMHO people who are going off of their "feelings" should put IMHO or IMO before their non fact / source based statements. Otherwise, IMHO, it is read as fact or somehow tied to a source.

IMHO, we should take the young man at his word. According to PE, there are 6 teams still in the running and he doesnt have a favorite. I'm glad that WSU is one of them.

It would not suprise me at all if he chose WSU or the beakers. It would suprise me if he chose one of the others. That is strictly a feeling.

I remember the Mo Evans decision day with the 3 jersey's hung behind him. Everyone assumed he was going to be a beaker and he chose the Shocker jersey. Hopefully Roy had his depends on. Bill should have his on when Perry's decision comes down.

:wsu_posters:
          I take everything as opinion and not fact unless there is a specific quoted source referenced.. I find IMHO and other acronyms a waste.

Comment

• Thanks 22 for your gut feeling. It is very meaningful. Especially your acute observation that most Kansas kids dream of playing for Kansas! Perry is from Wichita, Kansas.

Comment

• 22 as a number, sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC
                22 as a number, sucks.
                It depends, which 22 you are talking about. Doesn't it?

Just wondering.
                "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio
                  Originally posted by ABC
                  22 as a number, sucks.
                  It depends, which 22 you are talking about. Doesn't it?

Just wondering.
                  It depends on if you are playing blackjack or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC
                    22 as a number, sucks.
                    :cry:
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan
                      Regardless if Perry has any intention of coming to WSU, it is better for us Shocker fans that we are on the list than not listed. Wichita All-Americans have chosen to stay in Wichita in the past and will do so again. It may or may not be Mr. Ellis that chooses.

Perry is a Mo Evans level talent or maybe slightly better. Mo didn't exactly work out, but he did choose WSU and was much more successful here, individually, than at Texas. Taj Grey chose to go elsewhere, but Darren Williams stayed home. In my gold colored glasses it is about time that we landed a Perry and a Gavin.
                      I'm a senior at Southeast. I've talked to Gavin a few times. Don't waste your breath talking about him; he'll never wear a Shocker jersey. Sounds pessimistic, I know, but the kid just has no interest in Wichita State.

Comment

• Originally posted by SirShoxAlot
                        Originally posted by wufan
                        Regardless if Perry has any intention of coming to WSU, it is better for us Shocker fans that we are on the list than not listed. Wichita All-Americans have chosen to stay in Wichita in the past and will do so again. It may or may not be Mr. Ellis that chooses.

Perry is a Mo Evans level talent or maybe slightly better. Mo didn't exactly work out, but he did choose WSU and was much more successful here, individually, than at Texas. Taj Grey chose to go elsewhere, but Darren Williams stayed home. In my gold colored glasses it is about time that we landed a Perry and a Gavin.
                        I'm a senior at Southeast. I've talked to Gavin a few times. Don't waste your breath talking about him; he'll never wear a Shocker jersey. Sounds pessimistic, I know, but the kid just has no interest in Wichita State.
                        Is that why he is wearing WSU T-shirsts and other WSU apparel in his pictures?

Comment

Thats too bad

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker22
                            Originally posted by SirShoxAlot

Just like Harrison Barnes, from Ames, wearing Iowa State apparel leading up to and during his announcement to go to North Carolina. I don't agree with it, but it happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocker22
                              Originally posted by SirShoxAlot

No, but when I nudge him, smile, and say something (halfway sarcastic and teasing, halfway not) like, "so what dorm are you staying in at WSU next fall?" he smiles back a little, hunches over, looks at the floor, shakes his head and mumbles something like, "I don't know, man." Which, you know, is "I don't know, man," but his tone says "man, I'm not going there."

Look, I'd love to have him at Wichita State. He could play at a BCS school-- not a lower level South Florida or DePaul, but a solid BCS school-- and he's flying way under the radar in the shadow of Perry. That works to a great advantage for Wichita State. But even so, the kid wants to be a Jayhawk.

A couple of weeks ago, I asked him what schools he is considering and he did say Wichita State was one of them. The schools I remember him saying were something like...

Wichita State (I remember for sure)
                              Drake (I remember for sure)
                              Mizzou (I think)
                              Illinois (That one is a little foggy, but I think they were in there)

There were three or four more but I can't remember. I'll make sure to ask him next time I see him and I'll write them down and post them here. Anyway, my point is that his demeanor and attutude seem to say the only reason Gavin isn't considering KU is because KU isn't considering Gavin.

Comment

Anyway, my point is that his demeanor and attutude seem to say the only reason Gavin isn't considering KU is because KU isn't considering Gavin.
                                I take that back. KU is considering Gavin. But if KU has, say, 3 scholarships for class of 2012 recruits, it's going to take the Hawks missing out on a couple of guys before Gavin gets his.

Comment

Working...
                                X