No announcement yet.

Garrett Stutz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myself and Garret pretty much ran into each other as we walked into the arena...could definately tell it was him because he looks dead up like he does in the scouthoops.com picture and he towers over everyone else. I made a quick comment along the lines of "we really need you hear man" and he laughed and nodded.

Inside the arena I saw coach marshall sit and talk with him a while before the game...hopefully we seal the deal with him soon.

Comment

• During warmups he was standing next to AJ Hawkins and even from row 31 across the arena could tell he's every bit of 7 feet. He was in jeans and a blue hoodie. It looked like he was there with his mom and was sitting in the section behind the team bench about 2/3 of the way up on the aisle. The video board showed the sign in the student section and it appeared as though he saw it and got a kick out of it.

Yes, I was stalking him from afar! :yes:

Comment

• Wouldn't it be grand if GS signed on the dotted line this trip down?
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I was worried the crowd would dissapoint...and thus it did. Hopefully he'll realize exhibitions won't be near as rowdy as regular season games and ESPECIALLY valley games.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Selling out an exibition game is not impressive? SMU doesn't sell out any games.

I'm sure that he saw how much we need a big man and how he would fit right in. The first time he rams one home, the roof will raise about 6" !!!

:wsu_posters:

Comment

• as I said in the post game thread, my brother ended up right beside him at halftime, and told him he sure wished he would come to play for us. My brother said Stutz smiled.

Stutz being there last night was a good sign, and we hear some news this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snapshot9
                as I said in the post game thread, my brother ended up right beside him at halftime, and told him he sure wished he would come to play for us. My brother said Stutz smiled.

LOL What else was he going to do frown? Not saying that he won't sign with us as I think our chances are good. To say our chances are good because he smiled....might be stretching it a little.
                "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock
                  Selling out an exibition game is not impressive? SMU doesn't sell out any games.

I'm sure that he saw how much we need a big man and how he would fit right in. The first time he rams one home, the roof will raise about 6" !!!

I don't think it was a sell out. All season tix may be sold but the student section had plenty of seats available. I'd guess they weren't all sold. And on top of that there were only about 9k there. Embarassing is what it was.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                    Originally posted by moshock
                    Selling out an exibition game is not impressive? SMU doesn't sell out any games.

I don't think it was a sell out. All season tix may be sold but the student section had plenty of seats available. I'd guess they weren't all sold. And on top of that there were only about 9k there. Embarassing is what it was.
                    I agree. In the 90's this was a great crowd, but for this era it was pretty bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan
                      Originally posted by Snapshot9
                      as I said in the post game thread, my brother ended up right beside him at halftime, and told him he sure wished he would come to play for us. My brother said Stutz smiled.

LOL What else was he going to do frown? Not saying that he won't sign with us as I think our chances are good. To say our chances are good because he smiled....might be stretching it a little.
                      No, not necessarily, but from what I know that I can not share at this time ...... :yahoo:

Comment

• Originally posted by Snapshot9
                        Originally posted by shockerfan
                        Originally posted by Snapshot9

No, not necessarily, but from what I know that I can not share at this time ...... :yahoo:
                        I'm with snapshot, I also cannot "share" anything....but also notice the :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :goshocks: :D

Comment

• I wish I was special

Comment

• I can do that too........ :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :goshocks: :D

Comment

• Hopefully we will hear some great news from GS soon. What an asset to our Program he would for sure be in oue quest to shore up and develop an awesome inside game.
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock
                                Originally posted by rockthechuck
                                I could be late to the party but I noticed there is a Logan Stutz who is a freshman at Buter County this year. It said he is from Blue Springs Missouri. Is this Garrett's brother?
                                I believe so. That is the reason Garrett has also had two unofficial visits to WSU.
                                I noticed big brother is the tallest (at 6'8") by 2" on the Butler roster. He also score 17 in their first game. So hopefully having the brother at BCCCCCCC (however many it is now) will sway his decision even more.

How big is the younger brother?

Comment

Working...
                                X