No announcement yet.

Clevin Hannah - He's a SHOCKER!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Likewise, it seemed like GM played his best games when MB was injured. When he moved back to SG with Matt in, he eventually even lost his starting spot. CH will be just fine as a Shocker and no doubt he too will have competition trying to take his playing time. Can't wait to see what our Shocker-Netters say tonight about CH after their game.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• tied at 61 with 2:28 to go

Comment

• Come on Clevin, and Mario! Show them with chipola ball is all about

Comment

• Hannah just hit a three from the corner with a half-dozen seconds to play; to tie and send it to overtime.

Comment

• Chipola gonna lose in overtime to Seward.

Comment

• DAMN YOU SEWARD!

Comment

• how did Clevin look?
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Well here is a link to a live blog with lots of decent play by play of the game. Sounds like a good game from Hannah. Well worth the read. Oh start from the bottom and read your way to the top.

Comment

• Originally posted by t7017s
                    Well here is a link to a live blog with lots of decent play by play of the game. Sounds like a good game from Hannah. Well worth the read. Oh start from the bottom and read your way to the top.

http://www.hutchnews.com/Juco/NJCAA-...03-18T08-14-30
                    thanks, you can sure tell this guy is a WSU fan lol
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers
                      Hannah just hit a three from the corner with a half-dozen seconds to play; to tie and send it to overtime.
                      Actually, it was from the wing, and he was several feet behind the arc. Very clutch shot.

He scored five points (the aforementioned trey and 2/3 FTs after getting fouled on a 3-point attempt) in the last 20 or so seconds to tie it.

Here's my assesment. And I expect a few others to chime in (you know who you are!!!).

Good defender. Quick feet and hands. I was pleasantly surprised.

With the ball in his hands he doesn't appear very quick. However, he can absolutely turn it on when the situation calls for it. He had some very quick moves in the lane. A couple of nice dishes and a layup.

His game is not a good fit for Chipola's offense, which is very Drake-like. Except there was very few kick-outs after the PG drove the lane. The only screens I saw were set weakly and only on baseline cuts.

I read the Hutch News blog and the guy, while a WSU homer, was being a little hard on Hannah by picking out the only two mistakes I saw and comparing them to this year's WSU team. What's up with that?

Comment

• I'd generally agree with Royal's assessment. On the negative side, very, very slight build and he was extremely emotional at the end of the game (threw the ball about 100 feet...nice arm!).

I didn't understand Chipola's game. If that's the No. 1 JC team in the country then things are not looking good for JC ball.

Hannah got significantly fewer minutes than I would have liked and I think it really hurt his team. When he finally got in, he clearly took over the game at the end of regulation and you just had to wonder why the coach had him on the bench so much the second half. I thought the Chipola coach was clearly outcoached. Seward made adjustments at half time to take away the passing lanes on the dribble drives (which is about all Chipola did) and the guards (other than Clevin) just kept driving in and throwing up ugly shots. It was not enjoyable to watch.

I think Hannah will be solid for us. Probably not a program changer, but a solid contributor. I'm not surprised we're looking for another point, though. I just wonder if Clevin can take 30 to forty minutes of physical D1 play.
                        Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

• I forgot to mention that Hannah finished with 15 points, 2nd on the team. I think he was 2-5 from 3-point range.

I mostly agree with 789 about him not being a program changer. But I think he has the ability to be. The problem is it doesn't appear as though he is looking to be that kind of player. That may be a result of the team he's on, with all the individual talent.

I'm looking forward to seeing Anthony Brock play tomorrow.

Comment

• I wish I got off early enough to get up there and watch Brock...

I liked Hannah. I wish he would have looked for his shot more. He passed up some open looks to dish to others. I'm glad he's not a selfish player but he was too unselfish tonight. He definitely has a lot of confidence and I like that in a PG. You can tell that about him. He has a nice looking shot as well. Don't know why he spent so much time on the bench. The other guards seemed to enjoy penetrating and throwing up crap that had no business being shot.

Hannah did outscore Little so at least I had that on my brother...
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I think Royal and Sub hit it right on the nose. I liked a lot of what he did and I especially enjoyed watching him half kill himself diving on the floor for a loose ball. IMO with the exception of Hannah, sharing the ball is not (was not) a big priority on this team. CH did get called down by an assistant coach for yelling a naughty word when he came out of the game. However, the kid is definitely intense. I too look forward to seeing him in the Chuck.

Comment

• Here are some video highlights of Hannah and Little from last night's game. (The 3 he hits was in the 1st half. Not the one that sent it to overtime.)

Comment

Working...
                                X