No announcement yet.

Clevin Hannah - He's a SHOCKER!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van Coleman reported that Little had 17, Hannah 15, and Mitchell and Teel each had 14. I believe these were his stats, not tourney stats.

He also noted there was 15 lead changes and 5 ties in the second half.

Seward went 40 of 49 from the line for the game!!

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu
      I would say his biggest drawback was his immaturity. When the buzzer sounded and they lost in overtime (as the prohibitive favorite to win the tournament) he angrily grabbed the ball and heaved it into the stands in disgust and was one of only one or two players from both teams not to shake the other teams hands after the game. The crowd actually booed him after his little temper tantrum which is saying something because there was a lot of WSU yellow and black in the crowd last night.
      And I would say this is exactly the type of player we need. A guy who expects to win and takes it personally when his team doesn't produce.

From what we've heard, he's a composed player that doesn't fit into the JUCO stereotype.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

• Temper

"Hannah also chucked the ball in the stands after the game."

Gee, ShockBand, why would that get him a reputation with our glorious MVC refs? P'Allen Stinnett kicks the ball into the stands during the game and it doesn't cause a problem for him, although admittedly he may be protected by the aura of Altman's apparent immunity.

:roll:

Comment

• I don't recall ever seeing Hannah whine about calls. There was another little guard that did a lot of that.

I also personally saw him walk through the line and shake hands.

I don't recall hearing many, if any, boos.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
            I don't recall ever seeing Hannah whine about calls. There was another little guard that did a lot of that.

I also personally saw him walk through the line and shake hands.

I don't recall hearing many, if any, boos.
            Hannah is a tough, competitive player. He wants to be on the floor, he wants the ball in his hands, and he expects to win. Good for him if he is frustrated after a tough loss to a team they could have, and should have, beaten. He scored 15 and didn't play except under 1 minute to go from the 8 minute mark in the 2nd half. That would frustrate me as well. I think their coach f'd up really bad.

Anyone catch Marshall's reaction to him chucking the ball?

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu
              Received this from my buddy who lives in Hutch and happens to be a big k-state homer:

Clevin Hannah: I think he was the high scorer for Chipola last night with 15 points. They were a very quiet 15 points. I was shocked by how many points he had when I looked in the paper this morning. He was 5-8 shooting. He shot the 3 pointer pretty well. He made a 3 to tie the game with 8 seconds left in regulation. He made it with someone in his face. I don’t remember the team running any plays specifically for him or for any of their players. He looks very quick. I was surprised that for the most part he was not the primary ball handler for the team. I would say his biggest drawback was his immaturity. When the buzzer sounded and they lost in overtime (as the prohibitive favorite to win the tournament) he angrily grabbed the ball and heaved it into the stands in disgust and was one of only one or two players from both teams not to shake the other teams hands after the game. The crowd actually booed him after his little temper tantrum which is saying something because there was a lot of WSU yellow and black in the crowd last night. He also whined after several calls, even ones that were correct.
              Your friend is incorrect about him complaining about calls… it was #10 on Chipola and I’ve never seen more complaining from a player in my many years of watching basketball… he should have been warned and issued a T. I watched the entire game, with the exception of the final 1.6 seconds (unfortunately missed “the record throw”) and I don’t recall Clevin Hannah ever complaining to a referee. I thought he showed great demeanor on the floor and on the bench. He was a leader while on the floor and a cheerleader on the bench. I’m sure he was very frustrated with his coach and some of the selfish play of his teammates down the stretch. I actually see his little temper tantrum as a positive sign. It shows how much he wants to win and I’m sure Marshall will turn it into a positive for the future. We need more players with his attitude.
              :good:
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• It is not true that Hannah refused to shake hands after the game. He did throw the ball into the stands. But the guys I was with each noted, "at least he shook hands with the other team." I got the impression he was upset with his coach. He hardly played the last fifteen minutes of regulation, then pulled them out of the fire at the end of the game. He started the OT but was pulled the last minute and a half. Then, his coach kept getting him up to the scorer's table and then having him sit down. It was weird and he was clearly frustrated by it.

But he absolutely shook hands. And he had fifteen points. The box score is absolutely wrong about that.

I did not see him whine about ANY calls, but no. 10 and 11 did a whole bunch of whining. That being said, Hannah's calls were actually quite obvious and there was no reason to whine. (I thought Chipola got a tough whistle but they were VERY aggressive.)

I heard no boos.

I think Boston's buddy may have taken the most negative things he could find about the entire team and attributed it all to Hannah!

The lesson: DO NOT BELIEVE KSU HOMERS!!
                Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsu789
                  It is not true that Hannah refused to shake hands after the game. He did throw the ball into the stands. But the guys I was with each noted, "at least he shook hands with the other team." I got the impression he was upset with his coach. He hardly played the last fifteen minutes of regulation, then pulled them out of the fire at the end of the game. He started the OT but was pulled the last minute and a half. Then, his coach kept getting him up to the scorer's table and then having him sit down. It was weird and he was clearly frustrated by it.

But he absolutely shook hands. And he had fifteen points. The box score is absolutely wrong about that.

I did not see him whine about ANY calls, but no. 10 and 11 did a whole bunch of whining. That being said, Hannah's calls were actually quite obvious and there was no reason to whine. (I thought Chipola got a tough whistle but they were VERY aggressive.)

I heard no boos.

I think Boston's buddy may have taken the most negative things he could find about the entire team and attributed it all to Hannah!

The lesson: DO NOT BELIEVE KSU HOMERS!!
                  well said 789... he must have been watching a different game that us. :roll:
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• The people that spoke to me about last nights game with Hannah were impressed with him and shocked that he did not play more than he did. Hannah is a keeper and I am very glad we signed him.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I was able to talk to coaches Jans and Gross today (each at different times) about Hannah's absence during much of the 2nd half. They pretty much agreed that it was due to Chipola's depth of talent. I got the impression from one of them that he thought it worked to Chipola's disadvantage.

I'll concur with many of those who were there. The box score was defintely wrong. The stats I heard from the radio guys last night line up with what was in the paper. Teel 16, Hannah 15, Little 13 and Mitchell with 12. The guy at JucoJunction.com had an even different set of numbers.

I didn't see Hannah complain about any calls.

We left with 6 seconds to play so I didn't see any of the other stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle

And I would say this is exactly the type of player we need. A guy who expects to win and takes it personally when his team doesn't produce.
                        Theres always room for a guy like this on my team

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock
                          I was able to talk to coaches Jans and Gross today (each at different times) about Hannah's absence during much of the 2nd half. They pretty much agreed that it was due to Chipola's depth of talent. I got the impression from one of them that he thought it worked to Chipola's disadvantage.
                          You said that Jans and Gross thouht that it worked to Chipola's disadvantage not to have him in there. But doesn't the part about his absence being due to the depth of talent on Chipola mean that they were saying that he wasn't as good as the other guys on the floor? Could you clarify this, Royal?

Comment

• I don't think the coach knows how to distribute the time with his deep team. Hannah was by far the best guard on the court for them last night. If he played with the same selfishness of the others he'd had scored more. He was also the only one that wasn't in foul trouble. My group was baffled as to why he spent so much time on the bench. If the other guards that played are better they didn't show it last night.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Chipola

I thought Hannah was one of 2 kids on the team that didn't play street ball - I thought he stayed under control and will be fine at WSU - their offense in the 2nd half was awful - I was surprised especially with their fould trouble that Hannah didn't get more minutes. I would have thought 10 or 11 would have been better on the wing. I like the freshman MItchell 33 - it could be good. The kid from Seward who scored 30 - was amazing at the line!

On a different subject - did anyone else get a chance to see Dominique Gaines play for NEO - he ran the point well - didn't push it to much and was able to score when he wanted to.
                              Don't let the fear of striking out - keep you from playing the game!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Rocker
                                Originally posted by RoyalShock
                                I was able to talk to coaches Jans and Gross today (each at different times) about Hannah's absence during much of the 2nd half. They pretty much agreed that it was due to Chipola's depth of talent. I got the impression from one of them that he thought it worked to Chipola's disadvantage.
                                You said that Jans and Gross thouht that it worked to Chipola's disadvantage not to have him in there. But doesn't the part about his absence being due to the depth of talent on Chipola mean that they were saying that he wasn't as good as the other guys on the floor? Could you clarify this, Royal?
                                The coach who said that wasn't referring specifically to Hannah being on the bench, but to Chipola having so many options. He qualified it by saying "did you notice that Seward only played seven players?" What I took from that was that Seward had their best players on the floor, partly because they didn't have much choice and that Chipola's many options enabled their coach to make incorrect choices about who to put on the floor.

Comment

Working...
                                X