No announcement yet.

Clevin Hannah - He's a SHOCKER!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hannah also chucked the ball in the stands after the game. I wonder if he has a temper or if that was an anomaly. Hockeyshock and I were wondering if the first order of business upon arriving at WSU will be running a few stairs for that outburst! He needs to get that in check, lest he get a reputation with our lovely Valley officials.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• The Hutch News blog linked above says this with 17 seconds to play in OT:

Hannah looks like he wants to cry from frustration, chewing on his jersey.
      If I was Hannah and kept out of 7 of the last 8 minutes of regulation, then watched my team crumble in OT, taking the ball inside when they should have been taking 3-point shots, I'd be visibly frustrated, too.

We left with 6 seconds to play so I didn't see him chuck the ball. But it sounds like it was due to his competitive spirit. Losing last night is roughly the same as losing in the NCAA tournament. Your chance to win the NC is now gone. I hope that's all it was and it was an anomoly.

Comment

• Your guy Darko got absolutely faked out of his shorts on the pump fake by Little. His foot speed looked anything but quick in the limited clips. He looked like the typical Euro-player in the JUCO ranks. 8)
        Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Just looking at Hannah, he doesn't have the size to play SG. For whatever reason caused him to play there was a coach decision and I will not question that. Their record speaks for itself. However, knowing that Hannah played out of position much of this season makes me feel better about his stats. I think he will be a fine PG for us, but we need more depth at that position. Coach Marshall knows that and will fix it.
          In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
            Just looking at Hannah, he doesn't have the size to play SG. For whatever reason caused him to play there was a coach decision and I will not question that. Their record speaks for itself. However, knowing that Hannah played out of position much of this season makes me feel better about his stats. I think he will be a fine PG for us, but we need more depth at that position. Coach Marshall knows that and will fix it.
            It is being addressed at this very moment. 8)
            Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Well I'm ready for a verbal!! :yahoo:
              In the fast lane

Comment

• Little things I noticed that maybe don't mean squat, but I liked and appreciate. During the warm-up lay-up drill, Hannah was always the ONLY one clapping, touching hands with those in line, once he went up to another to offer encouragement.

His hustle and enthusiasm during the game was terrific. Good looking shot from three land, although he did jack up a fallaway 3 from the corner that caught nothing but air (bte, that is basically when he disappeared for most of the remainder of the game.

After his "comeback" performance at the end of regulation, I thought he'd get more time in the OT, but..... not!
                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                ---------------------------------------
                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• I thought he played most of the OT. I only recall him sitting for a very brief period, around the 2-3 minute mark.

But you are right about the other point. I noticed him being the only one really jumping off the bench to encourage the team after a timeout was called. While I don't expect him to be a Braeuer replacement in terms of skills, I do expect him to have a similar effect on team chemistry (as much as a first year player can replace a 4-year senior).

Comment

• Perhaps, with our coaching staff, a different game plan, and playing at the point, will help him develop more as a player. You have to play somewhat to the strengths of your players, and it doesn't sound like Chipola did that with Hannah for the last half of the season.

Comment

• I'm not sure what a typical Euro JC big looks like, but Darko dominated the game. He's not particularly quick, but he had decent moves inside and killed fromt he perimeter. He reminded me some of Sasha Radunovich, but isn't as big.
                      Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

• I agree with Royal that he was the only one encouraging the players on the floor. I liked him and think he will be good point guard who cant shoot the 3. Have no idea why is playing time was such, but thought he handles everything better when he was in their. I would sure like to have one of the two Serbs as thought they were the best players at yesterday's game. Someone called in the talk show this morning and said we wanted one of the Arizona players. Tang was very athletic, but hope it was the Serb

Comment

• Hannah had 10 points, not 15. Little had 15 points according to the box score.

Comment

• Received this from my buddy who lives in Hutch and happens to be a big k-state homer:

Clevin Hannah: I think he was the high scorer for Chipola last night with 15 points. They were a very quiet 15 points. I was shocked by how many points he had when I looked in the paper this morning. He was 5-8 shooting. He shot the 3 pointer pretty well. He made a 3 to tie the game with 8 seconds left in regulation. He made it with someone in his face. I don’t remember the team running any plays specifically for him or for any of their players. He looks very quick. I was surprised that for the most part he was not the primary ball handler for the team. I would say his biggest drawback was his immaturity. When the buzzer sounded and they lost in overtime (as the prohibitive favorite to win the tournament) he angrily grabbed the ball and heaved it into the stands in disgust and was one of only one or two players from both teams not to shake the other teams hands after the game. The crowd actually booed him after his little temper tantrum which is saying something because there was a lot of WSU yellow and black in the crowd last night. He also whined after several calls, even ones that were correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by calfan
                              Hannah had 10 points, not 15. Little had 15 points according to the box score.
                              And according to the Hutch News, he had 15 and Little had 13. Strange.

Comment

• One thing I have learned this season, is that Jucos are 'hit-n-miss' on players' stats, all Jucos.

Comment

Working...
                                X