No announcement yet.

Clevin Hannah - He's a SHOCKER!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant remember his last name but the point guard from Butler (under Randy) and Derby that had the first name of Terry ...... was an excellent point guard and was in my opinion the one player that couldn't be or wasn't replaced following his senior year. They had a fourth place finish his senior year.

Comment

shockmonster

Terry Hankton

Comment

Okay ---here is the deal in a nut-shell. P.S. described C.H. as a point guard who has his sights set squarely on WSU. C.H. was described in the Eagle article as "a dead eye shooter" who can really shoot the ball and has leadership skills.

I have to say that I still really hope we sign this former team-mate of Mr. Clemente. As we have already witnessed, our new Head Coach HCGM really wants players coming here that WANT and LONG to be Shockers. Luke-warm recruits need not apply.

For some reason, as I visualize this potential Shocker game, I remember Robert George. R.G. was one of the most exciting PG I remember as a Shocker fan.

It sounds like HCGM likes "dead-eye-shooters" as future Shocker guards. It is exciting indeed as I hear reports on Toure Murry who sounds like a keeper. Yes Shocker Fans---our Program is in good hands and the Hard Work of our new Coaching Staff is going take us places we are wanting to visit. The sooner---the better! Can u dig that???????
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

ForeverShocker ... You have good insight, and there is good reason for it, for when a team goes to zone, and the middle gets blocked up, the only thing that
          gets the offense going is outside shooting by the guards and the 3, which we have severely lacked in the past, and that is why a zone defense has made us ineffective, and lost games to it in the past.

It was not so much that our outside shooting was not effective, as the whole team not being prepared for a zone defense so much. A guard that can not shoot, is only half a guard.

Comment

TY for the kind words SS9. Maybe we are on the brink of a Shocker Dream Team of the future. We have not signed this player yet, but I hope we do. Then we need our Nigeria 7'0" Twin Towers in here, along with Noel, and another Bookend Power Forward----to form our Mean and Lean Fighting Shocker Dream Team Machine. That's Right!!!!!!!

Comment

Committed today, welcome to WSU Clevin!!!

Comment

I like this signing.

He looks like a straight up replacement for Matt B.

Good student, solid citizen, can shoot it from three and has above average speed.
                “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

This is no :shock: , but FSF shares the positive sentiments of Wuzee and I also say yipeeeeeee!!!!!!! This PG will dish the rock to Mr. Clemente and our other players but also be able to score when needed and drain the 3 when opponets try to pack in a zone. Good thing we got in early on him because I bet his stock rises as he plays out this coming year.

Comment

nm

Comment

Comment

Welcome to Shockerland, Clevin. His senior year in HS, he scored 60 points and had 25 assists in 2 games.

I believe he will be our first Mississippi player.

Comment

It's great coming home and find such good news. Welcome Clevin. You made a great choice and I'm happy as can be that you are a Shocker!
                          In the fast lane

Comment

It still makes me scratch my head a little. I don't doubt his ability to play for the Shox. I just wonder....
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Earlier in this topic, one asked if Clevin was related to Stefhon Hannah at Missouri. Interesting question. I know Stefhon is from Chicago and Clevin from MS, but Stefhon played at Chipola before going to Mizzou and Clevin transferred to Chipola. There're both built very similar, (I think they also look much alike), both are point guards who can both dish and shoot the rock, and their negative is the same -- slight build which can hurt their defense. Well if there're not related, maybe our new Hannah will also be a Cousy Award nominee in the future!!

Comment

BY PAUL SUELLENTROP
                                The Wichita Eagle
                                ST. THOMAS, The Virgins Islands - Ramon Clemente didn't put the hard sell on former teammate Clevin Hannah to sign with Wichita State.

"I let him do his own decision," Clemente said. "But after he committed, I texted him and I called him and I told him I appreciated him doing that because I enjoyed playing with him."

Clemente didn't need to do much recruiting work, because the WSU coaches appear quite capable. Four players signed with the Shockers on Wednesday, the first day of the early signing period, and coach Gregg Marshall is thrilled with the group.

"We've got some young, athletic talent now and we're excited about it," Marshall said.

Hannah (5-11, 160 pounds) played with Clemente last season at Paris (Texas) College before transferring to Chipola (Fla.) Junior College. Wherever he plays, Hannah is a pass-first point guard who can also fill up the basket.

"A very unselfish player," Clemente said. "He's the reason I got 40 against San Jacinto (last season). He was looking out for me, giving up his shot to give it to me."

Comment

Working...
                                X