Clevin Hannah - He's a SHOCKER!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hannah

Why would WSU want another big forward which would give them 3 big forwards the following year if you include Clemente & Durley when they will then only have one center in Orupke?

Comment

If you cant get a good center a big power forward is the next best thing

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
        With only 1 second year player on the roster, and that player hardly a mortal lock to return for his Junior year, I'd say it's an absolute certainty that next year's class is going to be Juco laden.

Slight edit.....AJ will be a Jr as well so it might not be Juco laden but it's almost certainly going to include at least 1 of these players.
        I was thinking the same thing. No one (probably not even above mentioned PG) knows if he is gonna be back next year. That would definitely leave me wondering how to recruit if I was the coach. Bringing in a Juco gaurd would fill a spot left by a junior to be.

Comment

1 juco player probably wont hurt us next year.

Anymore than that would leave me shaking my head.

I would prefer a 4 year player but its what we gotta do to keep the ball rolling.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
            1 juco player probably wont hurt us next year.

Anymore than that would leave me shaking my head.

I would prefer a 4 year player but its what we gotta do to keep the ball rolling.
            It's a no lose situation. If he's really good, he brings a lot of experience and is ready to go day one. If he isn't, we only have him for two years....

CGM knows what he is doing..... :good:
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

This may be the best pure point guard we can get. GM is a year by year player who could be beckoned to play Pro back home. Will WP flourish in our new System this year? These ify variables make me hope we sign this young man who sounds like a very solid and more seasoned player than any High School PG we might be in on. We do have Juco connections and as we GM continues to grow our Progam, we may need to draw from that "Juco Well" more now then later.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

We'll know soon enough how this works out. Hannah has all but said he will commit on his visit.

It's possible something will go bad on the visit and either side could change their minds - resulting in either no offer or no acceptance of an offer.

I think some posters worry too much that Mekel won't return. It comes up every year. If it happens - it happens, but I'm not convinced that's a big worry. Maybe Marshall knows something we don't and Mekel's return for his Jr year has some questions. Then WSU needs a JuCo PG for next year.

I really dislike JuCo PG's. PG is a learned position and something of an art. I think a PG needs a year to really learn how the system works. Maybe I'm still remembering Holman. Holman was a fine player, but he never seemed to grasp that he was supposed to make the rest of the players look better instead of making himself look better.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Here's a picture of Clevin:

Comment

CC McFall was not a bad juco PG. Also, Fridge may not have been ideal, but at the time he was the best PG we had at WSU in quite a while.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

I offer this with the significant caveat of never having seen Marshall's teams play ....

My thought was that none of the point guards remaining next year have the sheer footspeed GM requires.

If you needed a faster than average point to run your offense right away, a juco guy might be preferable to a HS player in terms of maturity and game experience.
                      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee
                        I offer this with the significant caveat of never having seen Marshall's teams play ....

My thought was that none of the point guards remaining next year have the sheer footspeed GM requires.

If you needed a faster than average point to run your offense right away, a juco guy might be preferable to a HS player in terms of maturity and game experience.
                        You might be on to something there. Maybe coach feels they are all too slow. And if this is the case, then we are in for some fun run and gun games in the future.

Comment

Juco

As Doc correctly points out, class composition may be a factor here. At this point, WSU's 2008-9 roster consists of three scholarship seniors, two juniors, five sophomores plus Burley, and next year's recruits. Adding another guy who would be a junior next year makes sense. In addition, the only pure PG on the team (Braeuer) won't be around any more.

Adding an outstanding pure point guard from junior college would appear to be a perfect fit.

Comment

Especially one that shoots 39+% from the 3, like Hannah has. If I remember right, Matt lead the team in shooting last year, and shot around 37% from the 3.

Might add that a player that plays at the school he has his sights on, and that is happy with the decision, coaching staff, other players, and has a friend on the team, will adjust well, and try real hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                              Might add that a player that plays at the school he has his sights on, and that is happy with the decision, coaching staff, other players, and has a friend on the team, will adjust well, and try real hard.
                              This might be the most important factor of all.

Comment

Robert Geaorge was a Juco point guard that I really loved to watch. I always wished that Skip Nickerson would had not transfered. The 2 of them as Shockers in the same back-court would have been a dream. It was about that time we also lost inside player Mark Hutton . Wow--what could have been. It makes me feel great to know we are now heading forward with more and more quality players to take this Program to the next higher level... Noel--Noel---we hope he comes here to play--Noel.
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X