Clevin Hannah - He's a SHOCKER!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found this blurb in the Hutch News blog during the Seward/NEO game:

Anyway, Darko got called for a questionable charging call and launched the ball into the stands. I reached up and grabbed it, saving a fan but not Darko--he got a technical and his fourth personal foul.
    I also caught a short bit of the radio broadcast and they mentioned a player throwing the ball at one of the scoreboards. Not sure if it was this incident or another one.

It sounds like there was one particularly awful ref during that game.

Comment

• Jon Kreft, 7'0", 240 lbs

Joey Cameron, 6'9", 245 lbs

Comment

• Clevin played mostly PG today. Nothing flashy or outstanding. Stepped up and hit a 3. Missed a couple of FTs when he came in late 2nd half to shoot for an injured teammate. He had 7 points.

Brock got around him a couple of times on defense.

He only played 6-7 minutes in the 2nd half due to the huge lead.

Comment

• Solid, but not spectacular from my vantage point. I expect that is what we will see from him next season. Come in, run the team, knock down the open three. He did get beat off the dribble by Brock; hopefully, Brock is just really quick. Chipola zoned for a fair amount of the game, I assume to take away the dribble drive.
          Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

• Here's the deal. Hannah's team could have won this Tourney, They are loaded. Hannah is a keeper. He does distribute the ball nicely and hustles. He is a very good shooter and I was mystified when he missed the 2 free-throws late in the game. Anthony Brock did take him off the dribble as he did every solitary guard in the 2 games I witnessed. Hannah does look to pass first and foremost and is a good passer. I am glad we signed him.

Hannah's Coach does like to do wholesale subbing. Today was a good time to do that but not so much as maybe the Seward loss? Just wondering out loud. You know who I liked in this game? KU may have signed the wrong Mario. Today, I really liked Mario Edwards, even over Mario Little. They are both good. However, today, reverse the Mario's and their jersey #. Today, I prefered #32 Mario Edwards over #23 Mario Little. It was just 1 game but whomever signs ME gets a nice player.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I believe Mario Edwards is headed to Coastal Carolina.

Comment

• I saw that the Chamberlain kid from Seward had another nice line in Seward's loss last night (though I didn't see the game live). I know he's a freshman but I thought I heard he might be a qualifier out of HS? Does anyone know? Anyone else have positive impression of him?
                Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

• I only caught the last several minutes of chipolas game today and they had it well in hand by then, but it was nice to chat with coach gross and coach jans (one hell of a guy) and Garrett Stutz and his brother! Garrett says he was down to support Clevin and the coaches were watching E. Arizona (chop and others). Cool to see the chemistry is strong among recruits!

Comment

• quote from a KUsports.com article ...I thought it was pretty nice pub..

However, with two minutes left in the half and Paris down by two, Chipola point guard Clevin Hannah, who signed to play at Wichita State next year, hit back-to-back three-pointers to spark an 8-1 run to close out the half.

“He looked me in the eyes and asked, ‘Are you done with me?’” said Heiar of Hannah, who had two personal fouls at the time. “I’m playing Gary with two fouls, I had put Mario in with two fouls, and so I thought, ‘I got to go with Clevin, too.’ So he went out there and once he hit that first one, I was like, ‘Oh, here comes another one.’ Because once he hits one he hits two, three, four or five. We’ve seen him hit 12 in a row before, so that was just great for Clevin.”

The victory marked the first time Chipola ever has left the national tournament with a win in its final game.
                    For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                    - said no one ever...

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxilla
                      quote from a KUsports.com article ...I thought it was pretty nice pub..

However, with two minutes left in the half and Paris down by two, Chipola point guard Clevin Hannah, who signed to play at Wichita State next year, hit back-to-back three-pointers to spark an 8-1 run to close out the half.

“He looked me in the eyes and asked, ‘Are you done with me?’” said Heiar of Hannah, who had two personal fouls at the time. “I’m playing Gary with two fouls, I had put Mario in with two fouls, and so I thought, ‘I got to go with Clevin, too.’ So he went out there and once he hit that first one, I was like, ‘Oh, here comes another one.’ Because once he hits one he hits two, three, four or five. We’ve seen him hit 12 in a row before, so that was just great for Clevin.”

The victory marked the first time Chipola ever has left the national tournament with a win in its final game.
                      "We’ve seen him hit 12 in a row before."

Heck of a find shoxilla! :good:
                      SFL is back!

Comment

• The Marshall blueprint to future success is being formed nicely. We are going to have some players, shooters, scorers, quality height, and winners in here next year. Late Signing Period draweth nigh.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Dominque Gaines, mentioned earlier in this topic, has re-committed to Oral Roberts.

Comment

• Although I don't subscribe to it anymore, I've been able to figure out that Hoopscoops really likes Clevin Hannah. They grade out JUCO players in the same group as High School players in their rankings for best recruiting classes.

They gave Hannah a 4, which puts him in the top 76-100 players. Bobby Hill, a JUCO player coming into the MVC next year for Illinois State received the same grade. In Hoopscoops' eyes, they are the best new MVC players next year, along with Creighton's Anotoine Young.

Booker for SIU received a 3 grade which puts him in the top 101 to 300. He's been in Scouts' and Rivals' top 100 since having a good AAU season last Summer. However his high school season was a disappointment. Other WSU recruits receiving a 3 grade from Hoopscoops were Reggie Chamberlain and David Klyes. Stutz and Murry received a grade of 2 which places them in the top 301 to I think 600. Scout really likes Murry and I have no doubt that they consider him in the top 300. I'm sure Stutz is is considered in the top 250 to 350 by almost everybody.

Hoopscoops has SIU's recruiting class ranked #47 and WSU's at #57 to top the Valley recruiting classes this year. Every ranking of this year's recruiting classes I've seen has SIU ranked best in the Valley with WSU closely behind.

I don't put a lot of weight on Hoopscoops, but wanted to respond to the frustration somebody had about always being behind SIU and Creighton in the recruiting wars. I looked 15 minutes for that thread but never found it so decided to put it in Hannah's thread. We are holding our own with SIU and Creighton this year. As we improve our record, I'm sure it will make recruiting the best players a little easier for the staff.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

• Nice post, Trop. Thanks.

Comment

• Trop .. Thanks, that was me that made the comment, and after reading on Valley Talk about SIU and Creighton. I want our coach and team to be able to go into next season making a statement, and playing good BB.

It will be interesting how our guard situation plays out for next season. Reggie is the only true point guard, with the rest being combo guards that play the 1 or the 2. I think coach will not play Hannah and Reggie together, but reserve 1 of them off the bench to not have the 2nd line be weaker than the first line.

It's hard to tell at this point without seeing the different styles of play by the guards to match up the 1 and 2 spots for the 1st line and 2nd lines. Kyles seems to be more of a slasher type than Murry does, and Murry seems to be more of a pure shooter.

And then there is AJ, who everyone pretty much agrees will mostly play the 3 spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X