Alex Lomax 5'11 4* PG 2018 to Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Easier no doubt in a very relative way. I don't see recruiting as ever being easy. The terms easy and recruiting can go toghether. For example, It's easy to get whipsawed or blindsided with a recruit.
    You are certainly right. that wasn't a good choice of words in my post. I hope people read it for the thought behind it and don't get the idea that I think recruiting is ever easy.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Just remember that for every program out there trying to do it the right way there are 50 cheating programs to go up against.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
        Holy $h..... Gary Parish, recruiter extraordinaire. That was amazing.
        Is there any other national college basketball media guy who is a bigger Wichita State promoter than Parrish? He's been high on the program for a while now. The best thing about his comments is that in another year or two, 3G can be saying the same thing about wings and bigs that he's saying about a certain PG! Thank you Gary Parrish for that little recruiting boost. And I hope he's right.

Comment

Just spoke to a Memphis guy and he said: I am pissed at you for signing Alex Lomax. We really wanted him. Any news to back this up?

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXGA View Post
            Just spoke to a Memphis guy and he said: I am pissed at you for signing Alex Lomax. We really wanted him. Any news to back this up?
            No verbal commitment at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXGA View Post
              Technically, I can guarantee that it is not true since guys can't officially sign until November. Nothing has been announced about a commitment either. If it had happened, you know that we would be discussing it here. That said, I am sure the Memphis guy is just relaying what we have already heard that it appears that WSU is the frontrunner in this recruiting battle.
              78-65

Comment

Don't count 'em yet... :)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I ain't countin' nothin', but it could be that Lomax has let the staff at Memphis know he plans to go somewhere else. In this situation, I could see where the unofficial word could come out of Memphis before it got to Wichita.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I really think this is our guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      I ain't countin' nothin', but it could be that Lomax has let the staff at Memphis know he plans to go somewhere else. In this situation, I could see where the unofficial word could come out of Memphis before it got to Wichita.
                      And that seems to be what Parrish was alluding to in the audio clip that was linked a couple of days ago. To paraphrase Parrish, the team's coaches tend to be very optimistic about a recruit based on their contact with said recruit and they share that with their local media/beat writer(s) and it would appear that the news coming out of Memphis is no longer positive about Lomax.

If only Wichita State had a beat writer of some sort who could give us his crystal ball prediction...

Comment

• I'll believe it when I see it. If he's decided why wait?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                          I'll believe it when I see it. If he's decided why wait?
                          Not sure he's made a decision, think the consensus is momentum has swung our way since his visit here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                            If only Wichita State had a beat writer of some sort who could give us his crystal ball prediction...
                            It will be interesting how long it takes, and what quality of beat writer we get. I worry that since our paper has merged with the KC Star, there could be some KU/Kansas City bias that could come into play here.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
                              I really think this is our guy.
                              God I lov being in the AAC
                              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Visit to Ole Miss this weekend.

Last edited by wichshock65; September 21, 2017, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X