Alex Lomax 5'11 4* PG 2018 to Memphis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
    I must have missed something. What did his father say and when did he say it?

“It’s pretty much a battle between Wichita State and Ole Miss at this point,” Alex Lomax Sr. said. “Wichita State is the favorite, but he also kind of wants to be in the SEC.”

Comment

• It should be noted that Alex Lomax was raised by Penny Hardaway and the other coach on team Penny. The article implies that Alex and his dad have a good relationship, but I would guess that his AAU coaches have as much influence as anyone on his decision.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Where did Hardaway go to college? Or did he?

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
          Where did Hardaway go to college? Or did he?
          For reals?
          The Assman

Comment

Where did Hardaway go to college? Or did he?
            Memphis
            Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
              Memphis State
              FTFY
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                  It should be noted that Alex Lomax was raised by Penny Hardaway and the other coach on team Penny. The article implies that Alex and his dad have a good relationship, but I would guess that his AAU coaches have as much influence as anyone on his decision.
                  Hardaway is less likely to put a lot of pressure on the kid. He isn't living through his AAU players. He made his own way and is most likely there to help the kids find out what is best for them and what will make them happy. AAU coaches who are insecure are more likely to apply pressure on their kids imo. That's my take with mt psychoanalyst hat on.

Comment

• This is a no brainer... If you want the SEC experience of getting your butt kicked by Kentucky and Florida and maybe A&M, then pick Ole Miss... If you wanna learn the game of basketball and be on a defensive oriented team that remains competitive and goes to the Dance on the usual reg... Then pick Wichita state

Comment

• His game is so similar to Fred VanVleets. He would be a fantastic floor leader as a sophomore and have a great young team surrounding him.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
                        This is a no brainer... If you want the SEC experience of getting your butt kicked by Kentucky and Florida and maybe A&M, then pick Ole Miss... If you wanna learn the game of basketball and be on a defensive oriented team that remains competitive and goes to the Dance on the usual reg... Then pick Wichita state
                        Not to mention playing in a bunch of half filled arenas. I still vividly remember going to A&M basketball games when I was in grad school. I could sit anywhere and the students that were there would do football chants during timeouts because they didn’t know how to cheer at basketball games. Unless you play for Kentucky, Florida or maybe Vandy or Tennessee, forget it.

Comment

• I am quite confident that 3G and staff have made a very effective pitch to Alex Lomax (and all our recruits) regarding why Wichita State would be a great choice for them to continue their basketball careers.

I am also very confident that they made that pitch without be condescending and implying that the player is dumb if he doesn't choose Wichita State. I assume this is a sure fire way to lose the interest of most recruits. It would be for me if I was a recruit.

I am sure 3G has and is doing everything that needs to be done in recruiting Alex and others and that is really all you can do. Put your best foot forward, but be yourself and be sincere, and hope for the best. If it works out great. If not wish the young man good luck and move on.

This is not the easiest decision in the world for 18-year old kids. Hope they are getting good advice and guidance but understand they are 18 and no doubt some may not make the optimum decision. I'm 67 and still make less than optimum decision from time to time. It means your human.

I wish Alex well whatever his decision may be but I would absolutely love for that decision to be to become a Shocker.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

This is not the easiest decision in the world for 18-year old kids. Hope they are getting good advice and guidance but understand they are 18 and no doubt some may not make the optimum decision. I'm 67 and still make less than optimum decision from time to time. It means your human.
                            Could not agree more. For the 2018 kids coming straight from HS, some of them are 16 or 17. The prep school kids are 18 and 19. I have difficulty getting the 17 year old neighbor kid to get off his butt and mow my yard, so when it comes to putting a spotlight on a kid that can't order a beer and is worried about acne, I take it all with a grain of salt.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              I'm 67 and still make less than optimum decision from time to time. It means your human.
                              Interesting. I always pictured '72 being in his mid 40s. Now I have to change my whole worldview.

Comment

Interesting. I always pictured '72 being in his mid 40s. Now I have to change my whole worldview.
                                I'm talking about my age. You may have been thinking IQ.

Comment

Working...
                                X