Bryan Penn-Johnson 7'0 C 2018 to Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by homegrownshocker View Post
    That is very true about Humphries. Cal must be scared we have a chance to get him. Bryan I can give you tho advice, Kentucky has already promised some other guy the playing time. Come join the party with Ashbourn.
    That would be Asbjorn (I think). A good ol' standard Kansas Farm Boy name.

Comment

This 20-minute documentary on Bryan was released this morning. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fq_...ure=youtu.be&a

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
        This 20-minute documentary on Bryan was released this morning. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fq_...ure=youtu.be&a
        WOW! Just WOW!

That made me fairly optimistic. Marshall seems to relate pretty well with guys with some of his difficulties growing up. Similar story to VanVleet and Rodgerick Brown.

He wants to be a lawyer after "the ball stops bouncing". Let's hope he wants to work in criminal law. WSU's AJ degree would tie in well with that.
        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Yipes Stripes Beech-Nut Gum!
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Gregg was out watching Bryan tonight. This would be a lunker...
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Any mention of WSU in the video for those of us unable to watch?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                I didn't listen to all of it, but I don't think that there was any talk about schools. It was a personal story about where he came from and his basketball development.

Comment

What @shockmonster: said.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    The video is about his background. Family of 11 - he's the only male. Dad died when he was 12. Homeless for about a year. Join a gang or play basketball were the only options out of his neighborhood.

And LOTS of highlight videos. Has some shooting range. Runs the court very well. Rim protector deluxe. 7'-8-1/2" wingspan.

Only playing HS ball this year. Didn't play as a Fr. Injured as a Soph. Transferred as a Jr and Nevada requires sitting out for 6 months. His total experience is AAU ball.

He's got 22 offers, but that was the only mention of recruiting.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

This kid is mature waaaaay beyond his years. He's going to succeed in whatever he does.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                        This kid is mature waaaaay beyond his years. He's going to succeed in whatever he does.
                        Agreed. I watched most of the video. Obviously it would be great to land this kid, but I became a fan of his and will cheer him on regardless where he goes. Sharp dude.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          The video is about his background. Family of 11 - he's the only male. Dad died when he was 12. Homeless for about a year. Join a gang or play basketball were the only options out of his neighborhood.

And LOTS of highlight videos. Has some shooting range. Runs the court very well. Rim protector deluxe. 7'-8-1/2" wingspan.

Only playing HS ball this year. Didn't play as a Fr. Injured as a Soph. Transferred as a Jr and Nevada requires sitting out for 6 months. His total experience is AAU ball.

Coach mentioned offer from Kansas.

Comment

Interesting, this kid is really sharp and well-spoken.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post

Perhaps a plug from FVV might be helpful. He obviously didn't lack for a male role model -- pretty much the opposite, somewhat to his chagrin as a youngster -- but he knows about growing up in tough circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                                Perhaps a plug from FVV might be helpful. He obviously didn't lack for a male role model -- pretty much the opposite, somewhat to his chagrin as a youngster -- but he knows about growing up in tough circumstances.
                                Not sure Fred could make a direct appeal to any of our recruits or not. I'm thinking he has probably moved into the category of Wichita State Booster. Maybe there are exceptions for former players but I wouldn't bet on it. However, the 4 coaches who do the recruiting can certainly make that pitch.

"You know BPJ your situation kind of reminds me of one of our former players who was about half your size but turned out to be pretty successful and respected on and off the court. Maybe you have heard of him. His name was Fred..."

Comment

Working...
                                X