Bryan Penn-Johnson 7'0 C 2018 to Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WeWillShockU2 View Post

Just finished watching. He ended up at low level California D1. I am somewhat surprised how often the N word was used in the show. Any comments?
    This is the recruiting forum. No comment.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Hot head, but in all the wrong ways.

Comment

• Just watched the first 3 episodes… overall, enjoyable and so far has kept my attention. The coach is a little crazy; maybe a lot crazy, but could be playing up to the cameras. Thankfully, we didn’t end up with BPJ. A complete head-case and bust. Wouldn’t want to begin counting the use of the “N” word… troubling.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
          Just watched the first 3 episodes… overall, enjoyable and so far has kept my attention. The coach is a little crazy; maybe a lot crazy, but could be playing up to the cameras. Thankfully, we didn’t end up with BPJ. A complete head-case and bust. Wouldn’t want to begin counting the use of the “N” word… troubling.
          Use of the word is pretty normal in a college basketball atmosphere. Largely a non factor (when used by those who have cultural permission to) Most definitely in our team too.
          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• How could people who follow a college basketball team closely be surprised by that?

It's clear why some of these kids have ended up at a CA juco and not in D-I or the NBA yet. Having talent is not enough. Work ethic, coachability, and grades are VERY important in succeeding in basketball and life.

But also, you watch these guys play and understand why your 6'2" son will never sniff a D-I scholarship if guys with this much talent end up at East LA.

I really like the coach. He's fiery, not perfect, but clearly cares about the kids.
            Last edited by Kel Varnsen; December 19, 2022, 09:06 AM.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Onegreatracer View Post

Use of the word is pretty normal in a college basketball atmosphere. Largely a non factor (when used by those who have cultural permission to) Most definitely in our team too.
              I don’t understand how any player or coach would accept a derogatory name used by anyone. Doesn’t make sense to me.

Comment

• I know he ended up being a bust, but man it was fun being linked to players like this in the not too distant past.

Will WSU ever be back to recruiting at this profile again??
                The Assman

Comment

• What's sad is we've lately had more discussion in this forum about guys we didn't get than any thing new on recruiting
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                  X