Bryan Penn-Johnson 7'0 C 2018 to Washington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
    Is this the one that if we sign, KU turns us in to NCAA for investigation?
    Maybe but watching Phognet explode would be quite humorous.

Comment

I doubt ku needs him with them being in top fives for 5 star centers like Moses brown, Naz Reid, David McCormick and Emmanuel dowuona. WSU needs a 7 footer in the worst way an this guy fits the mold

Comment

We have some real intriguing possibilities at the 5 in our recruiting right now. Looking back over the list there are a lot of Power Forward/Center combos but only a couple who stand above 6'11". Landing Penn-Johnson would give us a pretty imposing one-two punch with the Bear God.

Comment

Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
          I doubt ku needs him with them being in top fives for 5 star centers like Moses brown, Naz Reid, David McCormick and Emmanuel dowuona. WSU needs a 7 footer in the worst way an this guy fits the mold
          Your right. I'm sure they would have no interest in him.

Comment

You are correct... he appears to be a Plan C target for the clucks.

Stay up to date with all the College sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              You are correct... he appears to be a Plan C target for the clucks.

http://scout.com/college/kansas/Seas...etball/Targets
              So perhaps it comes down to us and Washington. Suppose lightning strikes twice? We were able to wrestle Stevenson out from under Washington.

Comment

IN HIS OWN WORDS

Penn-Johnson broke down four of the schools heavily in the mix.

Wichita State: “I love their coaching staff. They are real supportive and they look like a good group.”

Kansas: “Kansas is Kansas, it is the name alone but coach (Bill) Self is a really good guy. He doesn’t watch my games in amazement but he watches to fine tweak things. He calls and texts me about what I can do better. It is just helpful having that veteran voice.

“Their big man development has been incredible. I think all but five of their past big men that have started for them have played in the NBA.”

Arizona: “Me and coach (Sean) Miller have a really close relationship. I could not talk to him for three months but he could call me tomorrow and we would still close. He is a real good guy that I have known for almost four years now; he has been real supportive.”

Washington: “I love the coaching staff and I love coach Hop (Mike Hopkins). Just the energy that they bring to not just their games but to my games and their practices. Everything that they do, they do with such passion and energy. It is fun to just see them and be around them.

“They never ever sell Washington’s past success but everything that coach Hopkins talks about is more of what he had at Syracuse than about Washington. He is more about, okay, we know what the school has, but what can I push through and accomplish.”

Comment

IN HIS OWN WORDS

Penn-Johnson broke down four of the schools heavily in the mix.

Wichita State: “I love their coaching staff. They are real supportive and they look like a good group.”

Kansas: “Kansas is Kansas, it is the name alone but coach (Bill) Self is a really good guy. He doesn’t watch my games in amazement but he watches to fine tweak things. He calls and texts me about what I can do better. It is just helpful having that veteran voice.

“Their big man development has been incredible. I think all but five of their past big men that have started for them have played in the NBA.”

Arizona: “Me and coach (Sean) Miller have a really close relationship. I could not talk to him for three months but he could call me tomorrow and we would still close. He is a real good guy that I have known for almost four years now; he has been real supportive.”

Washington: “I love the coaching staff and I love coach Hop (Mike Hopkins). Just the energy that they bring to not just their games but to my games and their practices. Everything that they do, they do with such passion and energy. It is fun to just see them and be around them.

“They never ever sell Washington’s past success but everything that coach Hopkins talks about is more of what he had at Syracuse than about Washington. He is more about, okay, we know what the school has, but what can I push through and accomplish.”
                  I would have to say that those comments don't give this Shocker fan a particularly warm and fuzzy feeling. But only time will tell for sure.

Comment

Perhaps we came in late and he's still learning about us. We just need to get him on campus so he can see what's it really all about.

Comment

Looks like KU is the choice if they'll have him lol

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        I would have to say that those comments don't give this Shocker fan a particularly warm and fuzzy feeling. But only time will tell for sure.
                        You left out a good part of the Rivals article. Read this.

WHAT'S NEXT?
                        Penn-Johnson has not set up any visits just yet, though he does have an idea of how he would like his recruitment to play out from here.
                        “I will have my official visit list set probably around middle September, or even the beginning,” he said. “I will take my visits in November and probably commit sometime around Christmas.”
                        RIVALS' REACTION
                        There is still some time to go with Penn-Johnson but it is impossible to teach size and length and difficult to force an incredible work ethic, all of which he exhibits.
                        The 7-footer continues to improve as the lefty is set for a commitment before the calendar year finishes. Kansas, Wichita State and Washington all sit in a prime spot, though the Huskies may be the leader currently

The writer of the article got those impressions from someone he talked to. He didn't pick them up out of thin air.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                          You left out a good part of the Rivals article. Read this.

WHAT'S NEXT?
                          Penn-Johnson has not set up any visits just yet, though he does have an idea of how he would like his recruitment to play out from here.
                          “I will have my official visit list set probably around middle September, or even the beginning,” he said. “I will take my visits in November and probably commit sometime around Christmas.”
                          RIVALS' REACTION
                          There is still some time to go with Penn-Johnson but it is impossible to teach size and length and difficult to force an incredible work ethic, all of which he exhibits.
                          The 7-footer continues to improve as the lefty is set for a commitment before the calendar year finishes. Kansas, Wichita State and Washington all sit in a prime spot, though the Huskies may be the leader currently

The writer of the article got those impressions from someone he talked to. He didn't pick them up out of thin air.
                          I did not leave anything out because I did not post anything from a Rivals or any other article. I only repsonded to what @mumdaddy316 had posted. I was not even aware of what the source of the comments were since no link or mention of it was provided.

However, thanks for those extra tidbits. So it doesn't sound like BPJ will be signing until next Spring. Clearly a lot can happen and change in 8 or 9 months (good or bad) even if he gives a verbal in December.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 7, 2017, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Kentucky perhaps getting ready to join the BPJ sweepstakes.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                              Kentucky perhaps getting ready to join the BPJ sweepstakes.

https://www.aseaofblue.com/2017/8/7/...tucky-wildcats
                              Bryan, let us introduce you to Isaac Humphries.
                              78-65

Comment

That is very true about Humphries. Cal must be scared we have a chance to get him. Bryan I can give you tho advice, Kentucky has already promised some other guy the playing time. Come join the party with Ashbourn.

Comment

Working...
                                X