Erik Stevenson 6'4" CG 2018 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
    Or maybe that was just the best time for him to get his extended family into town to be there to witness his big moment, the first of what will be many!
    Certainly that is a possibility. Of course, if you were going to have a big family get together to celebrate you generally would schedule itf for Friday, November 10th, or Saturday the 11th (the only weekend of the signing period) instead of a Wednesday. But who knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Interesting that he is waiting until relatively late in the day on the last day of the early signing period. Maybe he is just teasing the Coaching Staff.
      Erik is our most vocal recruit so far, who committed in the airport on the way home. He couldn't wait to get all the way home to make the call to coach. No worries about Erik. He wants to be a shocker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Erik is our most vocal recruit so far, who committed in the airport on the way home. He couldn't wait to get all the way home to make the call to coach. No worries about Erik. He wants to be a shocker.
        I'n not concerned about it at all just found the scheduling interesting in light of the points you noted. Maybe he thinks that once he signs his interaction with the Coaching staff my diminish somewhat and he wants it to last as long as possible.

Comment

• Comment

• There was this guy here named Baker. Was talking to a Shocker buddy of mine making analogies of Erik and Baker when they both were at this young age. Baker impressed me lots before he ever played his first Shocker game as I watched him in summer Shocker scrimmages. I remember vividly raving about Baker the Maker right here on SN..However, Erik comes in here more polished as a player due to all of his intense summer games with awesome competition. Very few Colleges even knew much at all about Mr. Baker who had no stars by his name. Even so, Baker developed here in leaps and bounds and landed smack dab in the NBA.. How will Erik do as a Shock? Dunno, but I am excited to see this quality young man develop here at 21st and Hillside.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Don't think this has been posted here before. Came away pretty impressed with what they showed of Erik.

Erik Stevenson was lights out but it was not enough against the dynamic duo of Anfernee Simons and Elijah Weaver. Team Breakdown proved too much for Washingt...

Comment

• Do they play defense in these leagues?
                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                  Don't think this has been posted here before. Came away pretty impressed with what they showed of Erik.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOA3gOVcYRE
                  Oh, if only this guy could team with A. Lomax in a backcourt of the future at WSU. It could be a better backcourt than the one Stevenson was playing against in this video. I truly believe that.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                    Don't think this has been posted here before. Came away pretty impressed with what they showed of Erik.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOA3gOVcYRE
                    Defense is gonna have to be addressed when he gets here. Those guys gave him one juke and easy bucket. He can shoot it though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Defense is gonna have to be addressed when he gets here. Those guys gave him one juke and easy bucket. He can shoot it though.
                      Agreed. That was my take too. Defense will need work. I think we stole one overall with him though. He has skill.

For those curious: his stats from that game

11-26, 5-14 from 3. 27 points, 3 board, 4 assists, 2 TO, 4 Steals.

Comment

• I'm not sure how many of us are following Erik on Twitter, but I am very impressed with his attitude. He's going to be a great get for shocker Nation!

Comment

• Nice shooting stroke. Terrible defense. But most high school kids don't have to play defense properly, and it certainly isn't taught much. He's eager to learn and get better, and I can't wait to see his progression into a complete player under our amazing coaching staffs guidance.

If any kid comes here, he will become the absolute best ball player and young man he can be.

Comment

• LOI is in from Erik.

Comment

• Alright

Comment

• I think we are going to REALLY enjoy watching this young man play and develop.
                                Go Shocks!

Comment

Working...
                                X