No announcement yet.

Erik Stevenson 6'4" CG 2018 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When was the last time we offered a West Coast kid? Feels like it's been quite awhile.

Comment

A month ago?
      :)

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
        When was the last time we offered a West Coast kid? Feels like it's been quite awhile.
        Isn't there an outstanding offer to an Alaska player who's moved to the lower 48 to finish his schooling?

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
          Isn't there an outstanding offer to an Alaska player who's moved to the lower 48 to finish his schooling?
          Hamaka Hepa is the one I was referring to. He was offered in June and he is moving to Portland Oregon from Alaska.

Comment

The last scholarship player (or player period) from west of Scott City was who, Graham Hatch?
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
              The last scholarship player (or player period) from west of Scott City was who, Graham Hatch?
              Demetric Williams.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I wonder how many of these youngin's are now looking at FVV and Ron Baker and of course Coach Marshall saying to themselves...."yeah...I like that"...and want to come play for a winner in Wichita!?!?!?!?!?!?!

....seems like more :bball_spin:
                FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                  Demetric Williams.
                  Doh. How could I forget?
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Going even further back was Sean Ogirri and Matt Clark from Colorado

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      Going even further back was Sean Ogirri and Matt Clark from Colorado
                      Well, Ogirri was from all over the place, and I'm not sure Clark is "at this level." But Demetric Williams was a very good player, who would have been even better but for his increasingly bad wheels -- and if the Big One had struck California 15 years ago, he'd have been a West Coast guy.

Comment

This is probably a little ambitious, but Erik does say he plans on being 6'7 to 6'9 http://www.studentathleteworld.com/a...s/Estevenson10

Comment

This is probably a little ambitious, but Erik does say he plans on being 6'7 to 6'9 http://www.studentathleteworld.com/a...s/Estevenson10
                          Things have sure changed. When I was in high school, I was 5-10 and aspired to be 6-1 someday (although I wasn't a basketball player; I just wanted to be 6-1). But I never made it past 5-11, and now that the hair is gone from the top of my head (damn barber!) I'm back to about 5-10 1/2. I'm not sure height is something that can be planned.
                          Last edited by WSUwatcher; September 15, 2016, 04:10 PM.

Comment

Marshall went all the way to Washington state to visit this kid. Interest seems to be mutual.

Comment

After seeing the picture of Dad next to 3G, probably not a stretch.
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                              X