No announcement yet.

Erik Stevenson 6'4" CG 2018 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 33 last night as Timberline moved to 6-1 with a 77-50 win over Union. Erik's numbers are up significantly from last season so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
      Of interest to me in the article is that they don't think Erik is done growing. His dad is 6'10" and grew 8" AFTER he graduated high school.
      HCGM, on the Coach's Show, said Erik Stevenson's dad grew 7" after college. I don't where his dad grew 7" after college or 8" after high school, but he did say that Erik wears a size 15 shoe. Of course, shoe size doesn't necessarily indicate how tall you're going to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

HCGM, on the Coach's Show, said Erik Stevenson's dad grew 7" after college. I don't where his dad grew 7" after college or 8" after high school, but he did say that Erik wears a size 15 shoe. Of course, shoe size doesn't necessarily indicate how tall you're going to be.
        Shoe size is a good indicator for a lot of people but your right that it doesn't apply to everybody. I once worked with a guy that was 5'8" and wore size 14.

Erik is tall enough already for his position but I don't think any of us would complain too much if he ended up around 6'7".
        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• This young man is a player and if he grows great, if not great. He has the athleticism, shot, and dribbling skills needed to contribute already. Forgot to add his best attribute, he is very

competitive.

Comment

• So does this mean that if Erik doesn't grow more that his nickname will be Big Foot?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              So does this mean that if Erik doesn't grow more that his nickname will be Big Foot?
              He is from the PNW...
              Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Another great article on Erik. http://www.theolympian.com/sports/hi...190676019.html

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                  Liked reading this comment from his high school coach:

Thomas calls Stevenson — now 6-foot-5, 195 pounds after putting on 20 pounds of muscle during the offseason — a matchup nightmare.

He is consistent from the perimeter, can beat defenders to the basket, and can finish in the paint against contact.
                  And this:

“I think his work ethic has surpassed anybody that I’ve ever coached. Whether it’s college, or high school, I’ve never seen a kid dedicate himself to his craft so much.”

Comment

• It’s a little hard to get enthusiastic about our incoming JUCO Big just yet.

Chandler, Udeze, and Moore have all provided glimpses into their potential that is tantalizing.

I have ave been hard-fast in my overwhelming enthusiasm for Lomax and Stevenson since the day they verballed. The pair just screams VanVleet and Baker 2.0.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Stevenson had 36 last night, but Timberline lost to O'Dea 69-85. Timberline was without their second leading scorer.

Comment

• Putting up consistently big numbers!
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Erik definitely plays with enthusiasm and will have no problem fitting into the Play Angry mode.

Comment

• 31 points and several dunks in a 71-41 win over Gig Harbor.

Comment

• sekshoxfan
                              sekshoxfan commented
                              Editing a comment
                              The article lists ES at 6'5". Maybe he's hitting a growth spurt now.

• So... Did we get a burger boy?

Comment

• He's a nominee, amongst a couple of hundred others including Alex Lomax. Still, a great honor. Interestingly, there are only 3 nominees from Kansas and all 3 play for Blue Valley Northwest in Overland Park. That must be a helluva team!

Comment

Working...
                              X