Jordan Cyphers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snapshot9
    He sounds like he is just coming into 'his game', and would be a good recruit to get, plus the added bonus of having someone local playing for the Shockers.

Sounds like someone to take over for Hawkins when Hawkins leaves or working into the lineup coming off the bench.

Does anyone have a picture of him?
    Does anyone know of what he might like to major in?

His Dad says he is 6'5" tall now, what if he keeps growing, Can he play
    the 3 position?
    There is a picture on rivals or scout...can't remember which. I think he could play the 3 if he continues to hit the weights. He could probably fill in for Gris for a 3 guard look his Freshman year. That being said, I think Cyphers will blossom most at the 2.
    Jocks & Jills
    3236 N. Rock Rd
    Wichita, KS 67226
    316-260-9800
    http://www.jocks-jills.com
    http://www.myspace.com/jocksandjills

Comment

I played against him alot last year, I attended SE, and I think he will play the 3 spot at WSU. Nobody ever really talks about his athleticism but he threw down a ton of dunks last year in games, he also dunked on me one time in practice.

Comment

From Rivals

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I love big guards. I hope he can play the 2.

Big, athletic 2s are so damn hard to defend, particularly in the Mo Valley.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio

I agree...plus the trend is to move towards the larger 3s these days. I'm kinda excited to see what Burley will be able to do. I think he may get to come off the bench some to replace Grisk against larger lineups.
            Jocks & Jills
            3236 N. Rock Rd
            Wichita, KS 67226
            316-260-9800

Comment

Lets just hope he comes to WSU. Until that time I will not get overly excited! :goshocks: 8)
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by J&J-Ryan
                Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio

I agree...plus the trend is to move towards the larger 3s these days. I'm kinda excited to see what Burley will be able to do. I think he may get to come off the bench some to replace Grisk against larger lineups.
                Not having seen Burley or any of our new players play I would mention that Burley's a walk-on. If he sees much court time, I don't think that speaks well for our abbreviated recruiting class and/or returning players.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Was Levi Dyer (sp?) at Illinois State a walk-on his first year? He was pretty good last year.
                  Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                  Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Still, I'm with BoBB on this. I know Marshall likes the kid but I'd hate to plan on a walk-on getting many minutes. And if he's the primary backup to a position I wouldn't think that would be a good sign.

But I'm not going to rule out the possibility of him being, or becoming a guy who could get a 'ship and play for us. I'd love to see that happen. But until he proves that he can be that type of player I'll just hope for maybe a few spot minutes from time to time.

Back to Jordan. I too hope he can and will play the two. He'd be much more valuable there. But if he does come to WSU, we still need to find some more depth at the 3. I think we will, but until then....
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I don’t know what to think about Burley. You don’t expect much from walkons, however, late bloomers can develop into major surprises.

If he is serious about his game and has the foot speed, at 6’ 7’’, he might end up being a steal at the 3. We shall see.

I can’t wait for everyone to get on campus; we have so many mystery players along with new coaches and a new system.

GET THIS SEASON GOING!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                        Still, I'm with BoBB on this. I know Marshall likes the kid but I'd hate to plan on a walk-on getting many minutes. And if he's the primary backup to a position I wouldn't think that would be a good sign.

But I'm not going to rule out the possibility of him being, or becoming a guy who could get a 'ship and play for us. I'd love to see that happen. But until he proves that he can be that type of player I'll just hope for maybe a few spot minutes from time to time.

Back to Jordan. I too hope he can and will play the two. He'd be much more valuable there. But if he does come to WSU, we still need to find some more depth at the 3. I think we will, but until then....
                        I know you guys are right, but I just love the big 3's. I probably wouldn't rule out Marshall running a lot of 3 guard sets when Grisk is sitting. Matt/Gal/Cooz is always nice.
                        Jocks & Jills
                        3236 N. Rock Rd
                        Wichita, KS 67226
                        316-260-9800

Comment

You never know about walk-ons. Sometimes, talent recognition goes lacking.

I'm thinking of Scottie Pippen, who was a walk-on at Arkansas State. He paid for his first year college expenses by working as the team manager and as a welder.

I am not saying Burley is a Pippen, but you never know for sure about walk-ons. Hard work and a big heart can take a player a long ways.

We shall see what we shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by J&J-Ryan

I know you guys are right, but I just love the big 3's. I probably wouldn't rule out Marshall running a lot of 3 guard sets when Grisk is sitting. Matt/Gal/Cooz is always nice.
                            Yes, I agree.

There will be more flexibility with the the 07-08 team than we had last season. Perhaps, a great deal more.

Call me crazy, but I think the Shockers could do very well next season. Maybe even win the conference outright.

Comment

A couple of good pics of Jordan.
                              Kendall and Jordan sure look good in the Black and Gold.

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

Cyphers Update.

I just got back from the YMCA. I played ball w/ Cyphers and his brother. We played 4 games of 21 and he was going pretty much full speed. He won 3 of the 4 games, I won the other one :yahoo: . Anyways he is an incredible shooter w/ unbelievable range. He hits shots from everywhere on the court. He also dunked it a couple times. I feel like an idiot for not asking where he's gonna go. He's told me before he likes WSU and their facility and staff. I was gonna ask him and then he left. I'll make sure next time I see him to get some info.

Comment

Working...
                                X