No announcement yet.

Tevin Glass 14' Juco Forward - Signed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's whats great about March madness. About 1/2 the teams have a shot if they cards fall right for them! Not going to lie though, UK is going to be scary next year. Returning all those guys and bringing in some great recruits. The knock on Caliparis teams have always been experience. Well, now he has the talent and experience... They have the potential to be special next season. Is it almost october yet? lol

Comment

I hope we get a rematch against them, much later in the tourney this time.
      Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

It will be interesting to see how cohesive the team will be with some of the "star power" relegated to the bench and mop up time.

Comment

Welcome to big time college basketball Mr. Glass!
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Mr Glass you have big footsteps to follow in...the JUCO bar has been raised here at Wichita State...Carl Hall, Early, Wiggins and Ludfile did big things here during their 2 year spans..can you come in and fill those shoes or stay at par...Marshall and company think you can...good luck and heres to a great 2014-15 season...GOSHOX

Comment

FYI: Panhandle Broadcasting has archived games from the Florida Panhandle Juco conference available on demand at: http://www.psblive.com. (Go to archived broadcasts and change the month to get to the basketball games.)

I watched NWF vs. Gulf Coast from Feb. 19 and I'm liking Tevin's game (it was a good one, as he was player of the game with 27pts / 10reb).

My take after watching one (very good) game:

TG is VERY quick and athletic. Fluid with a great motor. Runs and defends end to end. Tough as the point man on the press. Long, with really good hands and anticipation. He reminds me of Ramon Clemente quite a bit.

On offense, he prefers to face up and put it on the floor. He seeks contact and showed nice touch off the backboard in traffic. He gets to the line (averages about 6 FT attempts a game which is excellent). He should be a very nice piece after he gets comfortable, especially with our guards drawing attention and feeding him on penetration. His quickness will make it very tough for defenses to recover.

As has been reported, adding strength is a key, because he will have trouble defending D1 post players on the block at his current weight/strength. He's also not an especially explosive leaper in the half court. Not a big shot-blocker/-changer. On the break, though, he showed some ups on a nice follow slam just inside 8 minute mark of the second half and a breakaway throw in final seconds.
              “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                FYI: Panhandle Broadcasting has archived games from the Florida Panhandle Juco conference available on demand at: http://www.psblive.com. (Go to archived broadcasts and change the month to get to the basketball games.)

I watched NWF vs. Gulf Coast from Feb. 19 and I'm liking Tevin's game (it was a good one, as he was player of the game with 27pts / 10reb).

My take after watching one (very good) game:

TG is VERY quick and athletic. Fluid with a great motor. Runs and defends end to end. Tough as the point man on the press. Long, with really good hands and anticipation. He reminds me of Ramon Clemente quite a bit.

On offense, he prefers to face up and put it on the floor. He seeks contact and showed nice touch off the backboard in traffic. He gets to the line (averages about 6 FT attempts a game which is excellent). He should be a very nice piece after he gets comfortable, especially with our guards drawing attention and feeding him on penetration. His quickness will make it very tough for defenses to recover.

As has been reported, adding strength is a key, because he will have trouble defending D1 post players on the block at his current weight/strength. He's also not an especially explosive leaper in the half court. Not a big shot-blocker/-changer. On the break, though, he showed some ups on a nice follow slam just inside 8 minute mark of the second half and a breakaway throw in final seconds.
                Stephen Hurtt isn't going to play very many D-1 minutes.

Comment

Several media sources have commented on Tevin's quickness.

I love quickness at all positions. It is a nightmare for defenders.

Offensive quickness breeds defensive personal fouls.

"I am going to the iron and there is nothing you can do about it."
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

If Glass can step up along with a few other guys we could be in line for another magical season

Comment

I could see Glass and Kelly coming off the bench for an instant impact...pending Bush or Shaq cant handle the 5 spot right off the back...only thing you can pencil in at the the starting position is FVV, Baker and Cotton...Carter based on experience, but he played well off the bench last year

Comment

Carter should start every game, but he will probably flip flop betweening starting at the 5 and 4 depending on the matchup. Example: He would probably start at the 5 against a team like UNI where he matches up well with their bigs, but he will probably start at the 4 against a team like Evansville who has a talented big man with a lot of size. Mockevicius is going to be a force next year. This is where we need Bush or Shaq to really step up. I really hope the coaching staff can work wonders with Bush. I'm skeptical about his immediate impact, but if he puts it all together than watch out next year!

Comment

How are Glass' free throw numbers? Sorry if they were previously posted and I missed it. I've been out a lot lately and haven't been able to keep up.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            How are Glass' free throw numbers? Sorry if they were previously posted and I missed it. I've been out a lot lately and haven't been able to keep up.
                            Shot 65% as a Freshman, and 68% as a Soph. according to:

If he can keep it in that 68-71% range we should be good!

Comment

I want to see that up over 70. Practice those throws Mr. Glass.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                Nm
                                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                                X