No announcement yet.

Tevin Glass 14' Juco Forward - Signed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You would think that you could find a couple of believable weights somewhere. Maybe it's a new gender equity deal. I know they never report weights on female athletes.

This ESPN report shows him at 6-8, 200 but again it is from June 2012 coming out of high school. Unless NWF has no lifting or strength program he has bound to have put on 15 to 20 pounds in 2 years.

The lead in the ESPN scouting report (again 2 years ago) reads:

ESPN Analyst
    Updated 06/14/2012
    Strengths:
    Glass is a long bouncy athlete who plays with a great motor that runs like a deer and rebounds his position. He is great in transition situations using his superior length to finish over or around opponents. He is still refining his skill level offensively, but he consistently competes
    As I commented in a prior post 3G seems to prefer long, athletic players. Sounds like Tevin fills that bill.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 23, 2014, 10:51 PM.

Comment

from the small amount of video we have available, you can see why our coaches like him, he's a clone of Cleanthony.

Positives and Negatives: Tevin is quick, active and has a live body. Not a very good shooter at this point but the progression in the video shows that he has improved his mechanics and could develop into a very good shooter. Surprisingly deft with the handle. And he's fast, which is a must for a guy who is a finisher on the break. On the downside, his skill set is raw and he lacks core strength. You can see that lack of strength demonstrated when he gets the ball under the basket and isn't able to explode and jam it. He just lays it in. But those are things that can be coached up and fixed, not a problem.

Overall, I like him a lot. Tevin has a nice upside provided he gets with the right program, buys into the coaching and does the physical training. Also, he has that immature body look which tells me he might still be growing.

if he came to WSU, we could use him next year but he would definitely benefit from a redshirt year.
      Last edited by Fuente 858; April 24, 2014, 11:37 AM. Reason: left off the first part of my post

Comment

when is the last time a JUCO redshirted without having an injury? #ShockerTrivia

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
          when is the last time a JUCO redshirted without having an injury? #ShockerTrivia
          EO redshirted in Juco before he got here. It probably would have been better if EO had skipped the Juco redshirt and did the redshirt here instead.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
            EO redshirted in Juco before he got here. It probably would have been better if EO had skipped the Juco redshirt and did the redshirt here instead.
            By redshirting at JUCO, EO was able to come here with three years to PLAY. Even if he were to get zero minutes at WSU in his first year (which would be like a red-shirt) he had one year to learn the system and two years to perform.
            Livin the dream

Comment

A game by game breakdown of Tevins stats. I don't see Stephen Hurt listed in the last couple of games does anyone know if he got hurt?

An older posting about all of NW's big men.

Comment

His espn profile coming out of high school. For a 2 star kid some decent schools to choose from. Clearly going the juco route has raised his profile.

Comment

NW Florida really distributes the minutes. Only one guy played more than 22 minutes/game, and Glass at just under 21 was fourth on the team and had only a few less than Hurt and Chandler, who combined for not quite 27 minutes/game between them.

Nice productivity from the Glass Man, too: his 12 and almost 6 in 21 minutes/game equates to 24 and 11 per 40 minutes. When he was on the floor, he was busy out there.

Comment

Originally posted by The Cat View Post
                    His espn profile coming out of high school. For a 2 star kid some decent schools to choose from. Clearly going the juco route has raised his profile.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/ba...28/tevin-glass
                    If he was 200 lbs. in that picture, I am guessing he is 10-20 lbs. heavier in his current pics. Getting better all the time.
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I think EO was a special circumstance...he was really raw...and needed to learn the game from ground zero...Mr. Glass and like many most Jucos...dont come to D-1 to sit out a year...so basically IMO...Henderson and Hamilton look like the ones to redshirt...considering Brown has been some what in the loop with the program for a little longer then the others...and Holland is on the hot seat to show what he's got next season...

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                        I think EO was a special circumstance...he was really raw...and needed to learn the game from ground zero...Mr. Glass and like many most Jucos...dont come to D-1 to sit out a year...so basically IMO...Henderson and Hamilton look like the ones to redshirt...considering Brown has been some what in the loop with the program for a little longer then the others...and Holland is on the hot seat to show what he's got next season...
                        If Henderson proves during the summer, fall, and early season practices (prior to the first game) that he is a better point guard than Holland, he will not be redshirted next year imo.

Comment

the schools that were recruiting him certainly get me excited if thats any indication of his talent level...

Comment

Glass was a top 150 out of high school. Rivals listed him at 123.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Glass had a "blow up" So season at JuCo and outperformed Hurt and Chandler, who were the "big names" on his team.

He had some great games late in his Fr season, so his popping some decent stats his So season wasn't totally unexpected. Glass looks like a player on a rapid uphill curve in his game.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Glass just signed with WSU per his personal Twitter account.

Comment

Working...
                                X