Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how big is this recruiting class gonna end up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wushock
    Tell me where Wendell's experienced has helper so far. If he ever averages 2 points a game it will be a bonus. You cannot have a two man who cannot score
    See BA's post above... WP has a least experienced a sweet sixteen... to me that's enough to keep him around next year. You need at least one senior on the team for leadership even if he can't throw it in the ocean. I'm not going to take the time to look this up, but didn't WP actually play in all 3 games in the NCAA tournament? If so, I rest my case. Some of you are simply knuckleheads.
    :roll:
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I think we sign one more. There is a kid in Nevada that we are really high on. He is 6'5", a big body, very athletic. Comes from a small school, not to many people know about him. He could be the national sleeper of the '08 class. I think his name is Kevin Hart.

Comment

Originally posted by AG1219
        I think we sign one more. There is a kid in Nevada that we are really high on. He is 6'5", a big body, very athletic. Comes from a small school, not to many people know about him. He could be the national sleeper of the '08 class. I think his name is Kevin Hart.
        As we mentioned last night, the sad saga of Kevin Hart and his phantom recruiting has come to an end with his confession that he made it all up. This blew our minds in ways that surprised us.
        In the fast lane

Comment

If Wendell left and graduated from another institution, will it negatively affect WSU's graduation rate as mandated by the NCAA?

Comment

I think as long as he'd leave in good standing and on track for graduation WSU would be ok.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

What Sub said. They have to graduate and be in good standing when they leave.

And someone please tell me how WP was good enough to play in 3 Sweet Sixteen games, but isn't good enough to be ahead of a walk-on on the depth chart now?

Comment

I hope is this not already discussed, but is there a scholarship for EO this year? Since we where expecting him this year that would make sense. Right?

So he would not count against the available for next year. Meaning we would have 5 new players coming in that would not put us over the limit.

CH, GS, DK, TM and EO.

With the addition of AH thats 6 scholarship players that we have not seen play together.

So if we sign anymore we are over the limit? I am just trying to get this figured out.

Peace
                SLK

Comment

Any new signing will put us over the limit, and require someone pesently listed on the roster, to leave.

Comment

Back to the question of "how big will this recruiting class be?"

I think the determining factor, and one that only HCGM knows, is: How much will HCGM allow the hurt feelings of those presently on the team affect him replacing them. We are the worst team in the MVC in a down year. Aside from a freshman that may have potential, seriously, why would you want any of the players back? Have any of the current players demonstrated, on a consistent basis, the ability to when big in the valley? Let me rephrase; win big in the valley when they do not have a 6'10" MVC MVP playing with them?

I understand these are fine young men, I am only looking at the question from an on-court performance point of view.

Hypothetical question: Would you quit supporting HCGM were he to "run off" everyone but AE and AJ Hawkins? Just wondering where we stand on the "I want to win" vs "he should finish his career here because he is a good guy" question.

Comment

Originally posted by mattdalt
                      Back to the question of "how big will this recruiting class be?"

I think the determining factor, and one that only HCGM knows, is: How much will HCGM allow the hurt feelings of those presently on the team affect him replacing them. We are the worst team in the MVC in a down year. Aside from a freshman that may have potential, seriously, why would you want any of the players back? Have any of the current players demonstrated, on a consistent basis, the ability to when big in the valley? Let me rephrase; win big in the valley when they do not have a 6'10" MVC MVP playing with them?

I understand these are fine young men, I am only looking at the question from an on-court performance point of view.

Hypothetical question: Would you quit supporting HCGM were he to "run off" everyone but AE and AJ Hawkins? Just wondering where we stand on the "I want to win" vs "he should finish his career here because he is a good guy" question.
                      Ramon's done more than his fair share to cement his staying next year. Gal's getting better but at times, his decision making can be question. Wendell's a defender basically. Graham's can shoot. Mantas was finding his groove before his knee got torn to shreds.

Comment

I would support the coach

Comment

Wait a minute, was that a serious question? It's a trade.........we give you an education in exchange for you busting your tail on the court and helping us win basketball games. If you are not getting your education, you will leave; if you are not helping us win games, you will be asked to leave. I fail to see the problem.

Comment

I still say "who stays" will be determined by who shows up (EO) and who HCGM can sign in the spring. I don't believe he will run anybody off unless at least one of two things happen: He signs someone at that position that he feels is definitely an improvement and/or the person he replaces has not done what's asked of them in the games, practice, or classroom. With a possibility of a last place finish in a conference that is down this year, reality tells me that unless I'm willing to put most of the blame on the coaches or the seniors, then its the rest of the team. I feel HCGM is the man to lead us in the future. We may not have gotten all that we expected from PJ, but our seniors have done a good job. Marshall has signed players to replace them and Butler, at least in body. Does he have players returning to take over for those seniors and build more depth on the bench? Hawk, along with EO showing up, may go a long ways to help this. If not, then more needs to be done now to build for the future.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
                              Originally posted by wushock
                              Tell me where Wendell's experienced has helper so far. If he ever averages 2 points a game it will be a bonus. You cannot have a two man who cannot score
                              See BA's post above... WP has a least experienced a sweet sixteen... to me that's enough to keep him around next year. You need at least one senior on the team for leadership even if he can't throw it in the ocean. I'm not going to take the time to look this up, but didn't WP actually play in all 3 games in the NCAA tournament? If so, I rest my case. Some of you are simply knuckleheads.
                              :roll:
                              My question then is this: If he has been to sweet 16 and they need him for senior leadership, then why isn't he stepping up now when there is no leadership on the team? If he was a leader, he would have stepped up already. But my guess is he isn't and therefor probably won't be much of a factor at all next year. Basically just someone taking up a scholarship.

Comment

There are a ton of players that are an upgrade from some of the players that we have. We are starting a walk-on? Nothing against Lance Harris because I think he is doing a nice job. I know all of our recruits so far next year is an upgrade but I am tired on Turg's dead weight from previous recruiting classes. These players have had their chances this year and some have had numerous years and have shown nothing. These individuals should feel fortunate to have a free ride on the gravy train because WSU is getting nothing in return for their scholarships.

Comment

Working...
                                X