Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how big is this recruiting class gonna end up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My guess

Obviously, none of us knows.

But based on playing time alone, it would be a shock if Hatch were back. He's a smart, mature, level-headed guy who has to realize that this is a situation in which he isn't going to prosper. I expect him to leave with no hard feelings, and wouldn't be surprised if he moves to a level at which basketball commands less of his time and attention, gets married, and starts to move forward with his life. We have Mormon friends down the street who had a number of sons go on missions before heading off to college (at BYU in each case), and every one of the sons I've met is married and has been for a while, has a family, and is as solid a citizen as you could imagine. I see Hatch the same way.

Personally, I doubt that if Mekel returns, Preadom will be back as a scholarship player. (Yes, I know he plays defense.) But where will his minutes come from? And he can see that, too. Others argue that he should be allowed to stay if he wants, and I won't bother to dispute that. I just don't see him staying to sit. On the other hand, I believe Durley is finally waking up, as the column by Lutz suggested, and that he'll be back as a result.

So I see two openings (Hatch and either Preadom or Mekel) materializing, even if Orukpe finally makes it to the good old USA. And based on what he's done so far, I have great faith in Marshall's ability to fill them effectively.

Comment

I think the fact that Lance Harris started a game over Wendel speaks volumes. He would at best be a practice player next year. I believe HCGM will ask Wendel to walk on next year. We need Gal back next year to play the 2 guard while Kyles and Murry get their feet wet. HCGM wont expect one of them to start immediately as a freshman (HCGM loves to red shirt freshmen) and I dont see Graham Hatch as the 2 guard starter next year. It will be interesting to see if HCGM believes that Kyles or Murry can play spot minutes at the point to spell Hannah. If not Gal will back up Hannah and we sign a freshman point. Starting Hannah, Mekel, Hawkins, Griskenas/Clemente and Orupke/Stutz works for me.
      "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
      which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

Mike Kennedy said the other night that HCGM was thinking about moving AE to the PF spot and in an ideal world would like to redshirt him next year. It sounded like they are concerned about him guarding small Valley wing players. In the Evansville game he played some minutes at the four for RC. So it sounds like they are planning on AE being back next year.

Comment

So, in Ellis, they want to create Kyle Wilson, part deux. (Just more athletic)

I could go for that.

Comment

I thought last game, we half way saw what Ellis can do. IF he can start hitting that 17 foot jump shot on a consistant basis, then he could be pretty dangerous.
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Aaron has a sweet shot for sure. He's a keeper. I think Graham is probably going back home to Arizona by choice (It's a nice place to live and he's getting hitched). Ehimen hopefully is coming soon. I remember someone said that he has a interview or something with the US embassy or something to get him out of Nigeria. If J.T fixes his defense a bit, he'll be a force down out. Who else are we close to getting for spring? Twany?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
                I think that if I were coach, I would bring Mekel back. I don't see Marshall bringing him back.
                Gal has been in the running for team MVP and clearly has passion (sometimes too much). A coach who dumped a proven player for the potential of recruits who have not yet played D1 ball would be crazy. I don't think Marshall is crazy.
                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

The question is if Gal is going to accept a pro offer, not if he is going to get dismissed from the team. Anybody thinking he will not get his scholarship renewed is not in reality.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                    Originally posted by pinstripers
                    I think that if I were coach, I would bring Mekel back. I don't see Marshall bringing him back.
                    Gal has been in the running for team MVP and clearly has passion (sometimes too much). A coach who dumped a proven player for the potential of recruits who have not yet played D1 ball would be crazy. I don't think Marshall is crazy.
                    I see no doubt that Gal will be able to come back if he wishes. The question is whether or not he chooses. I'd love to see him return, but that is his decision to make.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
                      Aaron has a sweet shot for sure. He's a keeper. I think Graham is probably going back home to Arizona by choice (It's a nice place to live and he's getting hitched). Ehimen hopefully is coming soon. I remember someone said that he has a interview or something with the US embassy or something to get him out of Nigeria. If J.T fixes his defense a bit, he'll be a force down out. Who else are we close to getting for spring? Twany?
                      Sweet shot?

12/47 0.255

1/7 0.143

8/9 0.889

I suppose 1 out of 3 is sweet.

Comment

The question is if Gal is going to accept a pro offer, not if he is going to get dismissed from the team. Anybody thinking he will not get his scholarship renewed is not in reality.

Oh he's getting it renewed, no question[/b]

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                          Originally posted by Hotel Paper
                          Sweet shot?

12/47 0.255

1/7 0.143

8/9 0.889

I suppose 1 out of 3 is sweet.
                          I was talking about the actual stroke he takes when he shoots, it's very smooth.

Comment

One other reason to keep WP...the percentage of NCAA basketball players who have been to a sweet sixteen can't be very high. Depending on how next year goes, the experience he had could be very beneficial to the team.

Comment

Originally posted by BAShocker
                              One other reason to keep WP...the percentage of NCAA basketball players who have been to a sweet sixteen can't be very high. Depending on how next year goes, the experience he had could be very beneficial to the team.
                              So we should have kept Ryan Bradley?
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

Tell me where Wendell's experienced has helper so far. If he ever averages 2 points a game it will be a bonus. You cannot have a two man who cannot score

Comment

Working...
                                X