Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how big is this recruiting class gonna end up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rrshock
    Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
    Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
    Well, we will find out against Northern Arizona what has been written on the wall. Either they come out storming mad, and pull out a win, or the ones that have given up will look silly around Matt, Ramon, and Gal.
    I'm a big fan of being fair to all of our players and I think Gal has been treated unfairly at times on SN. Simply in terms of one game's performance, I don't think Gal played great defense in the Northern Arizona game and I am disappointed; he lost his man several times and some of these defensive lapses led to threes. I hope he spends the summer following the suggestions he gets from Gregg Marshall and comes back ready to be a leader.
    How do you know that suggestion isn't going to be something else?
    If Marshall and Mekel agree that Gal would be better off elsewhere, I would wish Gal all the success in the world. I don't think this will happen but who knows? I think Gal would look much better (i.e. better stats) on a team with good hands and strong finishing ability.
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
      If Marshall and Mekel agree that Gal would be better off elsewhere, I would wish Gal all the success in the world. I don't think this will happen but who knows? I think Gal would look much better (i.e. better stats) on a team with good hands and strong finishing ability.
      That is true, but the lack of defense doesn't matter who else you are playing with.

Comment

• I have been one of the strongest Gal supporters, but was also very disappointed in his play on Saturday. I think it was obvious not starting impacted him, and instead of rising up to the challenge, kind of regressed.

I hope he practices hard to make up for it and earns his starting spot back Tues or Sat at latest. If not, I feel this MVC Tourney may be the last for Gal as a Shocker.

Comment

• I had to miss listening to the game. Who were the starters?
          In the fast lane

Comment

• I doubt Gal starts Tuesday. There's really not a spot for him if the SRs are to start.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
              I had to miss listening to the game. Who were the starters?
              The regular line-up except Lance Harris in place of Gal.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeShox
                Originally posted by tropicalshox
                I had to miss listening to the game. Who were the starters?
                The regular line-up except Lance Harris in place of Gal.
                And that will be the lineup again Tuesday.

Comment

• I don't know if Tuesday did much if anything to clear up what the situation maybe this year. We are so thin so have to work all walking bodies in the playing rotation in some way. I think we need at least a Fr PG and maybe a JUCO PF at least. A lot depends if we can get EO in here and who returns and who HCGM decides to invite back could be more or less, but those apear to be the weakest areas to me.

I guess that I'm just really trying to make sure that everyone fully understanding the situation as it sits now. If EO comes in and everyone returns we are at 13 scholarships, our full allotment? Some players can leave on their own for personal reasons. Gal may go pro in Europe, Wendal might go 2 D2 or another school that would offer more playing time, GH might decide to stay in Az. to marry or might return afer marrying. Some of those with the addition of JTD who admits to being lazy at time (HCGM hates this) may not be offered the option of renewing their scholarships next year.

Some of might not approve of whatever options that HCGM chooses, but we chose to give him 750,000 a year to make the choices. He wants to put the best product he can on the court for WSU, the school, the fans, and the AD. You may not like it but you don't risk being fired if you don't deliver.

I'm thinking that we have from 2 to 4 additional new players next year, maybe 5 if EO doesn't make it in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zardoz
                    I don't know if Tuesday did much if anything to clear up what the situation maybe this year. We are so thin so have to work all walking bodies in the playing rotation in some way. I think we need at least a Fr PG and maybe a JUCO PF at least. A lot depends if we can get EO in here and who returns and who HCGM decides to invite back could be more or less, but those apear to be the weakest areas to me.

I guess that I'm just really trying to make sure that everyone fully understanding the situation as it sits now. If EO comes in and everyone returns we are at 13 scholarships, our full allotment? Some players can leave on their own for personal reasons. Gal may go pro in Europe, Wendal might go 2 D2 or another school that would offer more playing time, GH might decide to stay in Az. to marry or might return afer marrying. Some of those with the addition of JTD who admits to being lazy at time (HCGM hates this) may not be offered the option of renewing their scholarships next year.

Some of might not approve of whatever options that HCGM chooses, but we chose to give him 750,000 a year to make the choices. He wants to put the best product he can on the court for WSU, the school, the fans, and the AD. You may not like it but you don't risk being fired if you don't deliver.

I'm thinking that we have from 2 to 4 additional new players next year, maybe 5 if EO doesn't make it in.
                    My thought about HCGM not renewing a scholly is pretty simple.

There are some who think it's wrong not to let a player come back, but if the team continues losing, those same people will be calling for Coach's head. His job is to win, not to continue giving scholly's to players who cannot help the program.

Which do we want, for him to be Mr. Nice Guy or to win basketball games?

Comment

• I don't think we're ever going to have to worry about Marshall being "nice" - especially after this season.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh
                        I don't think we're ever going to have to worry about Marshall being "nice" - especially after this season.
                        I would tend to agree with you on that one.

Comment

• I don't know how big the recruiting class will end up, but in any case next year's Shocker Madness is going to be a very, very, very interesting affair.

If the Athletic Department is smart they will make up a Program to sell at next year's Shocker Madness. I have a feeling they will sell pretty well.

Comment

• I have a question and don't really know the answer, perhaps you guys can help me out.

With the new recruits we have coming in for next year, when is the earliest they can show up on Campus that the schollie pays for? And if they show up earlier, do they have to foot the costs until a certain date?

Is there some kind of NCAA restriction on this or not?

Comment

• I know they can enroll for two summer classes. I don't know about showing up earlier than that.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

• How big? Real big!!!!!!!! Maybe 2-4 more recruits before it is over?
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X