Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corey Washington 6'6 F Saint Peter's Transfer a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, tell me again why he is a key recruit? A PF in a SF body or another SF competing with current roster players?

We still would need a backup to Ballard who could also play PF, yes?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
      So, tell me again why he is a key recruit? A PF in a SF body or another SF competing with current roster players?

DO NOT try and apply logic here

Comment

If I laid out what we needed with the 4 scholarships at the beginning of the offseason I would have gone
        • Point Guard
        • Shooting
        • Big to backup QB, Ideally a 4/5
        • Best Available Scorer
        So far we are at
        • Point Guard - Hill
        • Shooting - Mcginnis
        I think Washington could fit "Best Available Scorer"

Last scholarship would HAVE to be a 4/5 to backup QB. They have one on a visit right now (Zapala). I don't think he's an ideal candidate IMO but that's a different story. Getting Washington would fill 3 of 4 needs with players that might not be home runs but solid triples.

Comment

That would be ideal but probably a tough get. More than likely will have settle for getting a decent backup for QB. Szymon Zapala appears to be our top target for that. Has he visited yet?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

That would be ideal but probably a tough get. More than likely will have settle for getting a decent backup for QB. Szymon Zapala appears to be our top target for that. Has he visited yet?
            He was supposed to start his Visit yesterday .. do not know if that actually happened.

Comment

Evan Wessel 6'5" PF. Tekele Cotton 6'2" SF. Carl Hall was probably 6'6" and he was a 4/5 combo..

The way basketball is played today, the 6'9" PF guys who can bang inside tend to clog up the lane for the drive and dish game that almost everybody's playing now.

If we get Washington his height may limit his effectivwness, but I don't think it's fair to him to write him off because of his height before seeing him do anything on the court.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

The game has changed even though many do not want to accept it. It is more wide open and transition based. Leave the lane open for athletic players to drive and/or to kick out to 3 point marksmen.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

If I laid out what we needed with the 4 scholarships at the beginning of the offseason I would have gone
                  • Point Guard
                  • Shooting
                  • Big to backup QB, Ideally a 4/5
                  • Best Available Scorer
                  So far we are at
                  • Point Guard - Hill
                  • Shooting - Mcginnis
                  I think Washington could fit "Best Available Scorer"

Last scholarship would HAVE to be a 4/5 to backup QB. They have one on a visit right now (Zapala). I don't think he's an ideal candidate IMO but that's a different story. Getting Washington would fill 3 of 4 needs with players that might not be home runs but solid triples.
                  I guess my 1-4 list would be first based on not having anyone to cover a position and/or no one to play that position.

1. Power Forward (we had none) (6'6" or +)
                  2. PF/ C or C / PF (back up to C and PF)

Of lesser importance, but needed:

3. Experienced Point Guard (even though we have 2 or 3 that are combo guards, mostly inexperienced)

Don't believe we have room for a 4th (we have 7 returning plus 2 new freshmen (Williams and Pipkin)

4. Shooting Guard (even though we have 3 to 4 that could play it)

Comment

I guess my 1-4 list would be first based on not having anyone to cover a position and/or no one to play that position.

1. Power Forward (we had none) (6'6" or +)
                    2. PF/ C or C / PF (back up to C and PF)

Of lesser importance, but needed:

3. Experienced Point Guard (even though we have 2 or 3 that are combo guards, mostly inexperienced)

Don't believe we have room for a 4th (we have 7 returning plus 2 new freshmen (Williams and Pipkin)

4. Shooting Guard (even though we have 3 to 4 that could play it)
                    We had 6 scholarships open.

Ridgnal
                    Germany
                    Rogers
                    Pohto
                    Abidde
                    Ricks (his spot was never filled last year)

We filled 2 with HS Kids
                    Williams
                    Pipkins

We have 2 transfers in
                    Hill
                    Mcginnis

So we have 2 scholarships left. I think we are pretty much in agreement on the needs though i think we disagree on the order of importance. It doesn't matter what order we fill them in.

Comment

• Forgot about Ricks. .

My order has to do with what I view is our biggest need and filling those spots experienced, quality guys if possible. Two of 4, 5, or combo 4/5 for the last spots.

Comment

• Since Ballard can only play about 23 minutes a game, another center is job 1.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          Since Ballard can only play about 23 minutes a game, another center is job 1.
                          He played 29 minutes in our win over Memphis. Only reason his p.t. was so low through the season was HCPM was trying to keep Pohto happy.
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

He played 29 minutes in our win over Memphis. Only reason his p.t. was so low through the season was HCPM was trying to keep Pohto happy.
                            If we're winning more than losing, that's one thing. If not, that sounds more like a coaching problem. Just sayin'.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                              You can't just go halfway down the Twitter wormhole. WSU Director of Admissions just followed him today.
                              FWIW if I post in specifics about a recruit I *usually* make sure it’s not just a Tweet as the only source, otherwise I’d just link to it from the get go.

I think the smoke here might just mean fire based on what USC and Ark are doing
                              Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

If we're winning more than losing, that's one thing. If not, that sounds more like a coaching problem. Just sayin'.
                                Retaining players is also a new coaching problem. Just a big cluster now-a-days.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X