Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corey Washington 6'6 F Saint Peter's Transfer a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
    Just saw where Calipari wants to limit his roster to 8-9 players. Personally, I think this is a good idea except I'd probably say 10-11 for scrimmage purposes. I just don't think having eight guards competing for two positions is a healthy thing. It's a recipe for unhappy players and bad for team chemistry. Having a roster of ten messages recruits or portal transfers that they are more than likely going to get adequate playing time making for individual happiness and team harmony. In addition, you have an open scholarship or two always available should the need arise.
    Losing players want things handed to them. Minutes should be earned, not given by default.

Comment

Just saw where Calipari wants to limit his roster to 8-9 players. Personally, I think this is a good idea except I'd probably say 10-11 for scrimmage purposes. I just don't think having eight guards competing for two positions is a healthy thing. It's a recipe for unhappy players and bad for team chemistry. Having a roster of ten messages recruits or portal transfers that they are more than likely going to get adequate playing time making for individual happiness and team harmony. In addition, you have an open scholarship or two always available should the need arise.
      It’s likely competing for three positions, and it’s possible that he takes a two squad approach if they’re capable. But imo, keeping an open scholarship or two is kinda pointless these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by TrackSuitAndTie View Post

Losing players want things handed to them. Minutes should be earned, not given by default.
        I thought of that when we were all (including me) looking for a BACKUP center.......

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I thought of that when we were all (including me) looking for a BACKUP center.......
          If Ballard gets injured we can rip our tickets up and call it a season.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
            Finals aren’t until next week at St Peters. Longwood had them last week with grades due by the 6th. It’s no mystery to me why nothing has been announced after the debacle with Cortes.
            So it's like trying to hire in India. They say "Yea, I'll join, just need 3 months to give notice and finish up here" ... then they continue to take in offers and pick the highest bidder at the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I'd argue minutes, such as those that will be given to QB at the start of the year, can be earned in the year prior.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                Been a long time since I played that 45.

Comment

I’d still get walk-ons to fill out a 15 man roster so that you are covered for scrimmage purposes. Go find some local kids who’d give their left nut just to be on the team. But yeah, I’m with you. 10-11 is probably good for scholarship guys. A couple unfortunate injuries or other problems could wipe out a team only comprised of 8 scholarship players. You need some CYA depth.
                  78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                    Go find some local kids who’d give their left nut just to be on the team.
                    Find those juuuust overlooked JUCO players that'd give their left nut. They'll work hard at practice and have the body to fill in if injury disaster strikes.

Comment

• Walk ons now can walk right into what amounts to fill a full ride plus. Not the same. Calipati speak with forked tongue.

Comment

• Wish this guy would commit to us. Any updates on him or other known visits?

Comment

• Committed
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Eagle - Shocker basketball recruiting: Saint Peter's transfer Corey Washington picks Wichita State

Scrappy underdogs have found success at Wichita State in the past, often becoming fan favorites at Koch Arena.

Corey Washington hopes to become the next example, as the Saint Peter’s transfer announced on Monday he has committed to Wichita State. He took an official visit to WSU two weeks ago.

Washington is a 6-foot-6, 180-pound forward who brings a high motor and athleticism in a package that seemingly makes him a fit as a stretch power forward in the American Athletic Conference.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              Committed
                              To?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

To?
                                Nvm

Comment

Working...
                                X