Shaquille Morris is a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I am most happy.

We know about his physical capabilities, but can he put the ball in the hole?
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

No spindly legs here RDR.

Comment

An once he put on muscle we are gonna have us a formatable front court

Comment

Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
          An once he put on muscle we are gonna have us a formatable front court
          Haha with several dimentions?

Comment

This kid already looks like a physically mature man. If he works hard he could be a monster! HCGM just keeps amazing me on the recruiting front!
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Morris has evidently had a rep for not wanting to work hard. His current coaches say he's getting past that. With Marshall's experience with Durley, I have a feeling that subject was clearly discussed - and UNDERSTOOD! If Morris is just now starting to get the hang of "working hard", then there's a lot more upside than you might expect from a 13/8 production as a HS Jr.

One questio I've got: Will Marshall "settle" for a wide-bodied 6'8" center? That's not the way Marshall has approached that position, but that might be what Marshall is looking at.

So, is this the Fr "big" we've been looking for or are we still looking at JuCo's for post players?

Durley did OK as an undersized Center. Throw in Durley's attitude problems, and I think Morris looks better as an incoming Fr than Durley.

I'm delighted to have Morris on board. If he's the replacement for Hawkins, that's fine with me. Hawkins probably has more raw talent, but he's got some issues, and he and Green seem to be the same type of player. Morris fills a different niche. I'm not looking for Morris to be a leader in the pre-season "Marshll mile".
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

By the books we are full for next year. I doubt if we are pulling out of the hunt for a guard. Therefore unless something unforseen happens I don't expect any juco big in this recruiting class. As it stands now we would have 5 post types. They stand 6-9, 6-9, 6-8, 6-8 and 6-7. That does not include two 6-8 wings in Early and Green.

The two 6-9 guys will be gone after this season. We will probably be going after two ready to play bigs next year.
                Last edited by tropicalshox; October 23, 2012, 12:45 AM.
                In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                  We will probably be going after two ready to play bigs next year.
                  That would seem to be JuCo's.

Our centers next year are Lufile, Coleby, and Morris. The year after that - it's Morris and I can't imagine Marshall going with a So and a Fr as his centers. I've become more receptive of Marshall's reliance on JuCo's, but I'm skeptical of them because there's only about a year and a half of production out of them. Early is the current example. National JuCo PoY, but Marshall has described him as "raw" and the scoutiong reports on him are that he has a lot to learn - and that's for the #1 JuCo player in the nation. Many prognosticators aren't projecting Early as a starter.

Maybe with the Fr bigs that WSU can sign, there won't be much production until their Jr years. that's still 1/2 a season more than we get out of the JuCo guys.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Maybe Henry U will show up in a year or two. I'm really glad that we signed a freshman big that we can develop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      That would seem to be JuCo's.

Our centers next year are Lufile, Coleby, and Morris. The year after that - it's Morris and I can't imagine Marshall going with a So and a Fr as his centers. I've become more receptive of Marshall's reliance on JuCo's, but I'm skeptical of them because there's only about a year and a half of production out of them. Early is the current example. National JuCo PoY, but Marshall has described him as "raw" and the scoutiong reports on him are that he has a lot to learn - and that's for the #1 JuCo player in the nation. Many prognosticators aren't projecting Early as a starter.

Maybe with the Fr bigs that WSU can sign, there won't be much production until their Jr years. that's still 1/2 a season more than we get out of the JuCo guys.
                      Isn't Watson a big ?

Comment

• Reminds me of Glen "Big Baby" Davis

Comment

• Oh.................yep, he does.

Comment

• I just watched the video, and I have to think the ORU fans got really excited when he said, "I want to start by giving all the glory to God."

...and then he pretty much goes, "just kidding, I'm going to WSU....ROASTED!"

Comment

• Shaq's team barely leaves the OKC Metro this year -- but that's not much of a drive, of course. Here's the Edmond Memorial sked.

Last edited by Wuzee; October 23, 2012, 09:31 AM.
                              “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Mo, if you look back a few posts to the one from trop about "five bigs," the five he's referring to are Lufile and Coleby (6-9 seniors), White (6-8 junior and a little bit slim for a "big"), Morris (6-8 freshman), and Watson (6-7 junior widebody from juco). So Watson -- who by the way has yet to sign or qualify, which means that for him step 1 is getting him signed in November as he's supposed to do -- is definitely considered one of the bigs, and from all reports has the bulk and strength to be so regarded. I suppose it's also possible that Morris could still grow and be taller than 6-8 by the time he arrives.

That 2013-14 roster, if it materializes based on the current group of anticipated returners and commitments, will contain four seniors and just two sophs, Baker and Van Vleet (assuming Green redshirts as is widely expected, and unless Wessel surprises us by also redshirting). So with no post player taller than 6-8 unless someone keeps growing, and the two obvious center candidates being a freshman (Morris) and a juco (Watson) -- White isn't realistically a regular center at his weight -- it seems likely that WSU will be looking to recruit both height and experience next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X