Shaquille Morris is a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will make a last statement on Shaq.

I agree that he has a high ceiling, but he hasn't done anything yet (I guess you could say he did knock a couple of minutes off of his mile or 2 mile run)-great job. But it is laughable how many people are prepared to say that he will be All MVC, All Newcomer, etc. before he is done at WSU.

Hell, they say it before he even has played a single minute. I want to see him actually do something before I am willing to CROWN him as a Top Shocker. I go back to previous Shockers who people on here were willing to give them TOP DRAWER status before they had ever played. Kenny Manigault, Mantas Griskenas, EO, Phil Thomason, Aaron Ellis. Several of these were Shockers who did a nice job filling an important role (EO, Aaron Ellis), some played hard and were a credit to being a Shocker for a short time (Phil Thomason, Mantas Griskenas), and one almost never played (Kenny Manigault) who many predicted to be the next Shocker star.

Let's let the kid prove himself before we are ready to put him in the Shocker HOF.

Let's go Shox.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      I will make a last statement on Shaq.

I agree that he has a high ceiling, but he hasn't done anything yet (I guess you could say he did knock a couple of minutes off of his mile or 2 mile run)-great job. But it is laughable how many people are prepared to say that he will be All MVC, All Newcomer, etc. before he is done at WSU.

Hell, they say it before he even has played a single minute. I want to see him actually do something before I am willing to CROWN him as a Top Shocker. I go back to previous Shockers who people on here were willing to give them TOP DRAWER status before they had ever played. Kenny Manigault, Mantas Griskenas, EO, Phil Thomason, Aaron Ellis. Several of these were Shockers who did a nice job filling an important role (EO, Aaron Ellis), some played hard and were a credit to being a Shocker for a short time (Phil Thomason, Mantas Griskenas), and one almost never played (Kenny Manigault) who many predicted to be the next Shocker star.

Let's let the kid prove himself before we are ready to put him in the Shocker HOF.

Let's go Shox.
      Amen. Physical tools are one thing. Putting it together with the mental is another. Manigault had all the tools in the world and couldn't do anything with it. I hope Shaq is no Kenny Manigault.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
        I will make a last statement on Shaq.

Let's go Shox.
        Totally agree. At the same time, it equally absurd to make up things about the current state of affairs in a negative prejudgement regarding any player.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• The season really needs to start for us fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            The season really needs to start for us fans.
            Amen! I’m nearly out of material.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              I hope Shaq is no Kenny Manigault.
              He isn't...looks bigger to me.
              :-)

Comment

• Good call, SHOX. Reputed to be a better shooter, too.

Comment

Amen. Physical tools are one thing. Putting it together with the mental is another. Manigault had all the tools in the world and couldn't do anything with it. I hope Shaq is no Kenny Manigault.
                  Manigault! Now that was a mystery.
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                    Manigault! Now that was a mystery.
                    If Shaq were a Kenny Manigault, he'd already be gone.

Kenny is on (at least) his 3rd school as I believed he also enrolled at USC-Aiken, Aiken, SC. He was a junior last season at UPike (University of Pikeville) and is listed on their 14-15 roster. For those keeping score, he played at WSU in the 09-10 season so this coming year will be 6 years. I hope the young man has found a "home" and will complete his education.

Comment

• Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Carnac says that Shaq is shoe in to be a shocker next year (and for the next four) and some say that he will be an All MVC Shocker.

In fact, some on here were predicting that Shaq had already turned the corner because he brought his mile run time down from a year ago. However, at Shocker Madness, he was riding a stationary bicycle instead of playing in the inter-squad. Do you still feel as confident as you were a couple of weeks ago? Obviously, Marshall is still motivating Shaq and hasn't given up on him yet but I say that time is getting aa little shorter.

This is very interesting. Do some on here still feel Marshall is just bluffing and doesn't really mean what he says that "this is an important year for Shaq"?

Personally, I dont' think that Marshall has given up on Shaq but Shaq still will have to prove himself.

Comment

• Marshall held redshirt freshman Shaq Morris out. Morris spent the scrimmage session riding a stationary bike next to the team bench.

“There was something I asked Shaq to do, and he didn’t take care of it to my satisfaction,” Marshall said.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy

I'd say it's painfully obvious the seat is ultra hot for Mr. Morris right now.

Comment

• Is Shaq soft? And no Pilsbury jokes. I'm talkin' mentally. Is he soft?
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Is Shaq soft? And no Pilsbury jokes. I'm talkin' mentally. Is he soft?
                            is that a serious question?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              Is Shaq soft? And no Pilsbury jokes. I'm talkin' mentally. Is he soft?
                              Well, if you see him around some day, maybe you should ask him. Shaq's time in the mile is better than it was, but he still takes awhile, so if you get a quick start and can run a mile in 6:30 or less, you should be able to get away with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X