Andrew Wiggins Class of 2013 to KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
    2. His brother is only gonna play at Wichita St. for one more year so they could be teammates.
    From my viewpoint this is the No. 1 reason he would not consider joining the Shockers. Not that he and Nick don't get along. In fact, I'm sure they are probably pretty close. Andrew will not want to wreck his big brothers final season by taking away most of his playing time which is certainly a possibility if Andrew would come to Wichita State.

KU would not surprise me at all. Close enough to make a trip for Mom and Dad to see both boys play pretty easy and close enough that Andrew and Nick could get together on occasion.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
      Maybe Cal is a cheater and maybe not, however, Calipari's NCAA record is not as good as it could be since after he leaves a school, said school generally has to vacate most of their wins. Cal didn't cheat mind you, but some other booster did and poor ole Calipari has to deal with it, or rather Cal's former school.
      Definitely agreed. Which is why I can't say anything better about the guy than "borderline scum." But as of yet I don't think anything has come out about actual recruiting violations -- Rose cheated on his SAT, Calipari was absolutely involved in paying for his brother to go to road games, and Camby took money from agents vying to represent him. But I haven't seen anything that has ever said he had money go to a recruit to play for him.

So ... scum. But as of yet any allegation about him paying recruits is baseless.
      Originally posted by BleacherReport
      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by martymoose View Post
        I'm not assuming anything...going off of first hand information. I can see where you and others might not want to believe it though since it's second hand to you.
        Fair enough. I don't have any first hand information, so I can't argue with you. But I also won't blindly take your word for it.

I hope it's not true, though.
        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• I would still love to know the full story around Nick's tweet a few months ago, too. But prolly never will.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• I know you're being sarcastic with most of your post, but if ANYONE actually believes Marshall would tell the #1 player in the country he's "full with scholarship players" and there's no room for him, you're hilariously out of touch with the world. One of the weakest scholarship players on the team would be told to transfer or to pay his own way.
            Ding Ding....

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
              If I were to bet, I would pick KU. I think UK is too crowded, FSU isn't blue blood enough, and Roy Williams is a *****.

Plus, if family is that important, Nick is just 2 hours away.

KU, to me, is where he goes.
              I would find that very ironic if Ku ended up landing the best player in the country because they are 2 hours from WSU. They should owe WSU something if that happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post

Florida State is by far and away the front runner for Wiggins and it will be a huge shock if he doesn't go there.
                I changed my mind. I didn't realize it before but you do sound like you have an FSU connection. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  I changed my mind. I didn't realize it before but you do sound like you have an FSU connection. :)
                  As should you all.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                    From my viewpoint this is the No. 1 reason he would not consider joining the Shockers. Not that he and Nick don't get along. In fact, I'm sure they are probably pretty close. Andrew will not want to wreck his big brothers final season by taking away most of his playing time which is certainly a possibility if Andrew would come to Wichita State.

KU would not surprise me at all. Close enough to make a trip for Mom and Dad to see both boys play pretty easy and close enough that Andrew and Nick could get together on occasion.
                    I was going to make this post until 1972 made it.

Nick is likely to get good minutes on a potential F4 team next year. Andrew would probably limit his brother's minutes. Why would Andrew want to show up his bro by taking minutes away from him? It would almost be like Andrew was showing up Nick by showing that if Andrew got a bunch of Nick's minutes, that the Shox could get back to a F4.

It was fun to speculate that Andrew might want to play with his bro, but that should have been the end of it. Fun. Speculation.

The fact that some posters seem to seriously think there's even a 1% chance of Andrew coming here. Even a .1% chance. That just isn't reality. Reality is dreaming about getting a top 50 prospect.

And those thinking money is involved - Andrew is not an inner-city poverty-stricken recruit. He doesn't need - and probably doesn't want - any illegal benefits. Why would he risk his reputation by taking a couple thou - or maybe even 100 thou? A year from now, he's making $10 mill or so. Would you risk your reputation for 1% of your annual salary?
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                      I've been saying this for months!

FSU wins that battle easily, though. Granted having FAMU across the street really helps. Both of those schools I believe have 55-60% female enrollment.
                      An old friend of mine who attended Florida years ago occasionally refers to Florida State as "the girls school," which apparently is a disparaging Gator reference (like Chickenhawk fans referring to K-State as Silo Tech) based on FSU's history. If your numbers are right, though, it sounds like the girls are still there.

Anyway, as (another) non-insider, I have to agree with you about FSU's chances. They have the family connection, and they're the one school of his supposed final four (as opposed to WSU's capitalized Final Four, which none of the others achieved last season) where Andrew could carve out his own unique legacy if he managed to lead them to the school's first-ever championship. (Obviously he could do that at WSU as well, and Wichita is a bigger city to own than Tallahassee is, in addition to which his stature there will diminish immediately the next time FSU wins another football championship, not something he needs to worry about here. Go all thee way in Wichita, and he'd be king of Doodah forever -- but still, as others have noted, it's also hard to imagine him going someplace where he'd take Nick's minutes.)

Whatever happens whenever it does, life will go on -- maybe all the way to Jerryworld in Arlington in Spring 2014. That's what I'm focused on, regardless of how many Wiggins sons WSU has on its 2013-14 roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                        As should you all.
                        so AW to FSU is officially a lock. I'm thinking about transferring as well :)
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          I was going to make this post until 1972 made it.

Nick is likely to get good minutes on a potential F4 team next year. Andrew would probably limit his brother's minutes. Why would Andrew want to show up his bro by taking minutes away from him? It would almost be like Andrew was showing up Nick by showing that if Andrew got a bunch of Nick's minutes, that the Shox could get back to a F4.

It was fun to speculate that Andrew might want to play with his bro, but that should have been the end of it. Fun. Speculation.

The fact that some posters seem to seriously think there's even a 1% chance of Andrew coming here. Even a .1% chance. That just isn't reality. Reality is dreaming about getting a top 50 prospect.

And those thinking money is involved - Andrew is not an inner-city poverty-stricken recruit. He doesn't need - and probably doesn't want - any illegal benefits. Why would he risk his reputation by taking a couple thou - or maybe even 100 thou? A year from now, he's making $10 mill or so. Would you risk your reputation for 1% of your annual salary?
                          Why did it take 38 pages for someone to finally tell it how it is? I tried but gave in a little to indulge the mass' dream of winning the powerball and what it would be like. It was fun while it lasted. Good luck to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                            I would still love to know the full story around Nick's tweet a few months ago, too. But prolly never will.
                            I haven't talked to Nick so I don't know the meaning behind his tweet...but I can make an educated guess. Sometime around us going to the Sweet 16 Andrew expressed some interest in WSU. Shortly after the Final 4 that interest died off. Not exactly sure but wasn't the tweet during that time frame?

Originally posted by Shockeriffic View Post
                            First hand information comes from the people directly involved.
                            You're a quick learner...

Comment

• Really, if you go back to the beginning of the thread, it's mainly just 38 pages of the same thing being repeated over and over but by different people as time marches on. Which is cool, and kind of funny.
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                Really, if you go back to the beginning of the thread, it's mainly just 38 pages of the same thing being repeated over and over but by different people as time marches on. Which is cool, and kind of funny.
                                Wait a second.... Andrew reclassified to 2013?

Comment

Working...
                                X