No announcement yet.

Andrew Wiggins Class of 2013 to KU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money talks and we don't play that game.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks771 View Post
      Money talks and we don't play that game.
      1. Don't say things you don't know are factual - that other schools are offering him money.

2. He doesn't need money up-front.
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
        Oh well, never had a chance anyway. Good luck to him.
        Why didn't we have a chance again?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• So, guys, here in the Land of the Gullible marty's "good authority" (as opposed to all the other reliable sources and grapevines and rumors that so far have proven clueless about Wiggins) has scooped the media? I just checked ESPN, Fox, and CBS Sports, and none is reporting a Wiggins signing, which presumably would qualify as headline news when it happens.

However sensible I may think it would be for him to come here, I'll be more than pleasantly surprised if Andrew completes a brother pair at WSU -- but having said that, I'll continue to scoff at "good authority" fan board reports about where he's going until someone actually knows, which will be when it's officially reported. This is one that won't stay a secret long.

Comment

• Marty didn't say he knew where Andrew was going, just the he had it on "good authority" that he wasn't coming to WSU. Sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
              1. Don't say things you don't know are factual - that other schools are offering him money.

2. He doesn't need money up-front.
              Those weren't my words, they came straight from the mouth of individuals who have made direct contact with said recruit so get off your high horse.

He's not coming here but I just wish he would make his decision so this thread can peacefully die.

Comment

Those weren't my words, they came straight from the mouth of individuals who have made direct contact with said recruit so get off your high horse.

He's not coming here but I just wish he would make his decision so this thread can peacefully die.
                So if I understand you correctly:

1) You personally know individuals that are making direct/personal contact with Andrew Wiggins.

2) Those individuals have told you 1st hand that money is involved in his recruitment.

3) Those individuals know this 1st hand because they've either been the ones that offered the money, they were told this directly by Wiggins or immediate family, or directly by those doing the recriting and, in any of those situations, money is a deciding factor and will be accepted.

Comment

• If he were going to accept money why not just go to Europe, probably make a helluva lot more, and do it legally?

Comment

• You guys can believe what you want. I'm not known for making stuff up...I wouldn't post it if it didn't come from a creditable source.

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                    Oh well, never had a chance anyway. Good luck to him.
                    I'd have to respectfully disagree. Our coaching staff believed that we had a legit shot at one point and we probably did. If he were to pick KU, that doesn't mean every other school he considered never had a shot. I have no clue where he's going though, just know it won't be us.

Comment

• Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                      You guys can believe what you want. I'm not known for making stuff up...I wouldn't post it if it didn't come from a creditable source.

I'd have to respectfully disagree. Our coaching staff believed that we had a legit shot at one point and we probably did. If he were to pick KU, that doesn't mean every other school he considered never had a shot. I have no clue where he's going though, just know it won't be us.
                      I don't believe most on this page are doubting what you said, marty. One poster was corrected by it being pointed out what you didn't say.

Many here are awaiting the explaination of first hand knowledge of why "money talks" with Andrew.

Comment

• I for one would never bet against what the moose says.

Comment

• Yes to all three questions asked ShockTalk

Comment

Yes to all three questions asked ShockTalk
                            You run with a bad crowd.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

• Thanks for putting a stake in this thread, Marty. Too bad for the outcome, but it was time for it to die.
                              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• We should honestly think of it as a pretty big honor that a player of Wiggins caliber gave our staff a chance to pitch our program. It's another step positive toward our program becoming a consistent Top 20 program.
                                Last edited by shocks771; May 5, 2013, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X